What's new

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

mexweed

Veteran
mr nice has a nl5Xafghan, been trying to find reports of it, but so far have only found a description saying musky earthy spicy hash

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hey Tycho! Hope all is well. :tiphat:

What exactly do you mean it has mutated?

The same clone has changed since you first grew it? How long did this take? Did environment change over time?

Or do you mean over the generations of seed, it has changed?

Renamed it Boreal Lights after a major stress event. And I mean major. Read the back story here. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=369547

I spent 4 years cleaning her up and selected the best out of an 800 plant open pollination last year. Smoke rocks and their tough as nails against early and late frost, bugs, and zero mold on a 4 pound plant in a swamp. Lol. Not bad for an auto huh? (Super auto)

This thing grows baseball bats.
picture.php

This is a hundred in a cluster 6" apart. 12 feet tall no watering all summer.
picture.php

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have NL that has mutated so far from any NL, I had to rename it. Heavily thai in appearance and height, but bushy as hell. Get a lot of thumbs up on it.

Do any of the NL phenos lean towards Thai Sativas?

I just got reconnected with a guy who got a kush clone from the same tray as me over 15 years ago. The smell is near spot on but the phenotypic expressions make it seem a different cut.

On the other hand, a clone from the same tray kept just like it was always, shows little of no phenotypic difference.

Whether it matters or not, the one that stayed the same yields more and still finishes on time. The other takes a bit longer and the buds aren't as dense.

Sorry for the off topic rant. I just find it interesting to watch 2 cuts I know came from the same mother become so different.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I Interrupt this NL diversion with OG Kush.:laughing:

throwing 3 leaves and pre flowers, my first time with the original. She is at the slow growing end of the spectrum so far...
picture.php

picture.php

Pre-98 Bubba was hella Stressed along with my Triangle Kush mom but they are rebounding in the sun.
picture.php

Got Headband, Hollywood Pure Kush aka Topanga that is beasting, and some Face off.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Fire Alien
picture.php

Burnin Biscuits ( Biker V1 x Fire OGKB)
picture.php

SF Valley Breath

picture.php

can't get a verified cut of authentic OG kush up here but I do have the BC HAOG cut in the stable. Lots of kush up in here ;)
in the greenhouse I have some Biker, Biker crosses, the fire alien and some long valley royal. might post pics later in summer if it's not considered ruining the thread

JetLife175

Veteran
Fire Alien
View Image

Burnin Biscuits ( Biker V1 x Fire OGKB)
View Image

SF Valley Breath

View Image

can't get a verified cut of authentic OG kush up here but I do have the BC HAOG cut in the stable. Lots of kush up in here ;)
in the greenhouse I have some Biker, Biker crosses, the fire alien and some long valley royal. might post pics later in summer if it's not considered ruining the thread

Go for it brother. If it involves OG you are more than welcome to document it in here. Things went sideways for a bit but let’s get it back on track. I’ll post A hybrid I’m working on currently. I crossed a wedding cake line I’ve been working to the Kush and have found a killer pheno I think. Massive calyx size. Acceptable frost, terps lean towards OG with a little of the doughy cake on the back end. Yields look like they will be great when I get it dialed.

Cake S1 x OG

picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey Jetlife175, any update on those OG beans? I'm curing that other OG now, that is supposed to be orig. A lot smoother than some Doc's from the same time.

That precious hybrid you put up is one frosty girl!

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Since we are posting hybrids here is a pic of my tk x sfvheadbanger by Boston roots seed co. Well see how she smokes. The best og seeds I’ve ran to date were from prolific coast seeds. Pure lemon pine gas. Gave my cuts to a buddy called to get them back he said he had some kind of bugs I said fuck it I’ll pop more beans. I think the next og gear I’ll look through will be Nspectas WiFi43 x tk . Jet what og did you use in that cross she looks like a banger. I love me a good cake cross.
Oh 3rd pic is the Fotia from PCs fire og x pcs1.

Attachments

• DCA3D722-AD7B-43C5-977D-18C3ECE78BAD.jpg
    DCA3D722-AD7B-43C5-977D-18C3ECE78BAD.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 107AD603-8FA8-4BA1-A92A-DBBC2E08C5DF.jpg
    107AD603-8FA8-4BA1-A92A-DBBC2E08C5DF.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 52
  • E19EE64B-8636-4F04-9603-407E3094A3A7.jpg
    E19EE64B-8636-4F04-9603-407E3094A3A7.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 50