What's new

The Dank's 6k Bloom Room

paper thorn

Veteran
Dude, it looks fantastic.

And that old pic looks like you know how to pull some big buds. Nice work getting cleaned up and back in the saddle.

TheDank23

Veteran
Thanks bud! appreciate the kind words, was just checkin out your thread. I have no idea what I'm doing, I was flying by the seat of my pants last run, That and I spend entirely WAY too much time on here, and reading about plant biology.

:biggrin:

TheDank23

Veteran
Checkin on the the girls this morning, my finger brushed up against one of the sour sunsets with very fat broad leaves. That shit STINKS!!! Smells like gasoline, weird, nothing else smells even a little bit, but then the smell stayed in my nose for a minute... I've never had a seedling smell before, let alone a nostril piercing stench....

Just thought i'd say throw that out there, anyone else ever find something like this?

TheDank23

Veteran
Things are movin along over here...

picture.php

TheDank23

Veteran
Thanks gitarre, like I always say, I want em healthier!

Well here we go, things are pickin up, everybody got new shoes, been In a mix of FFOF, EWC, alaskan forest humus, insect frass, kelp meal, OGbiowar nute pack. Made some tea threw in a pinch of alfalfa meal to get some tria goin, gave em a root drench and foliar at transplant. Roots were poppin on everything but the OG, shes gonna take some lovin to get goin it seems I'll just be veggin in this mix btw.. I'll be mixin up

First up is Sour Sunset, these girls are skunky, a few of them have the sherbert smell already. From what I've seen and heard around the Sunset Sherb male dominates the cross as far as smell and flavor.

picture.php

Triple dubble, these are happy as fuck, havent stopped praying for the past few days, can smell the orange in one on right, other has more diesely scent which I'm guessin is the Sour dub

picture.php

Orange Julius. Gettin some freaks in this line, 3 out of 4 i popped all have duckfoot leaf mutation. My guess is either the cookies in the line or Obsoul33ts orange coming through in the cross, I think i read or heard on here or somewhere else that his Orange is a pheno of skunk? Idk i'm probably wrong, anybody whose got more info on this please enlighten me!

picture.php

Duckfoot mutation in full effect

picture.php

Last up the OG bagseed on left takin its sweet time and a seriously mutated Orange Julius, not even putting out new growth just doin weird shit, i'm gonna cull it soon probably if it doesnt do anything.

picture.php

indocult

Looks like things are coming right along man!

Interesting about the insect frass- im gonna have to google it

So I noticed you use the parabolic reflectors, do you have any trouble keeping them cool at all?

TheDank23

Veteran
Thanks indocult, only in the summer do I have trouble keeping them cool, which I only run 1 or 2 lights anyways cause im so busy with work. Temps usually hit about 80 with 2 lights on in there during the summer, so I just run co2 and dim them down during the last 2-3 weeks.

Things are movin along, OG bagseed on left is startin to catch up, seems she's real sensitive with watering. Orange tahoe crosses from UP showing excellent vigor, with sour sunsets lookin like theyre about to put it into 2nd gear.

picture.php

Not too much to see here, found i had a full 20lb tank sitting around so i might hook up the reg and really get em movin tonight. Sorry bout the lines, gotta find my glasses and get those nice shots.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
All your plants are looking really nice. I'm glad to hear that you got that PM issue under control. Keep up the good work

-Funk

TheDank23

Veteran
Thanks dudes!

PM blows, don't get it. i'm on top of my IPM this time. I've brewing up OGbiowar teas weekly for foliar and drenchin, being that its summer and all, as well as the fact that just 2 months ago this room was filled with PM infected plants. We're squeaky clean now tho, i nuked the shit out of this room, took everything apart and rebuilt.

First confirmed female is Orange Julius, she's a vigorous gal.

picture.php

Mutant Orange julius that was doin weird shit finally started doin somethin... and is now actually lookin pretty f'in cool. I love freaks...

picture.php

Group shot

picture.php

(everybody just got sprayed last night btw)

TheDank23

Veteran
Things are movin along in here, I've sexed everything except for 1 sour sunset that looks like its gonna be a girl. Here's some pics

Sour Sunset #1 definite girl, stem rub stinks like sherb and kush, the sherb male dominates in this cross.

picture.php

Sour Sunset #2 most likely girl, lanky diesel structure and again smelling like sherb but skunkier instead of kushy if that makes sense? She got transplanted a little late seems to have stunted growth.

picture.php

Orange Julius #2 Looks cookie like to me, some purple striping on the stems.

picture.php

Bagseed OG Likes her soil exactly moist, not damp, not wet, moist. Also likes a little kick of calmag her and there, like she's showing now. I know to amend the soil for OGs with just a little extra lime next time. Some more Triple dubble and Sour sunset seedlings startin up in the back.

picture.php

Triple dubble (Sour Dubb X Orange Tahoe) male smells like a skunk ate a bag of orange skittles, shit it out, sprayed it down then you stepped in it wearing your fresh sneakers. Fantastic branching for a male, and he's kinda frosty, stems are quite greasy as well.

picture.php

Setting up the 3x3 tomorrow taking a cut or two and flowering him out for personal projects comin up.

Other room is almost done fresh air intake (through hepa filter) gettin rigged up tomorrow, 7x7 mother area is bleached and done, 4x8 veg tent is set up bleached and needs exhaust, 3x3 male/breeding area goin up. Clone closet will have to wait till it cools down so I can handle the heat just a few more pieces of the puzzle to put back together.

SourDank

Veteran
That orange Julius male is looking awesome, I wanted to grab some of them bad but I just scooped up a ton of franchise gear so I gotta slow my roll for a bit. I'll live vicariously through you haha.

TheDank23

Veteran
Thanks sour dank, thats actually a triple dubble male :biggrin:

HA! the opposite happened to me, got my packs from proph, he tossed me some orange cookies, rolled a spliff, then regretted not bringin more cash to grab some franchise gear. Thats the way she goes. What'd you get your hands on?

100% success on 2nd round poppin beans, 5 more Sour sunsets and 3 more Triple dubbles above ground. Don't ask me why i pop weird numbers like that, im high. Cleaned up and Cloned everything cept for the freak last night into rockwool, been havin good luck with that lately. Not enough to fill the ez but I need a new pump anyways.

TheDank23

Veteran
Yup, looks good smells like an orange creamsicle or candy, it hits most of the marks. Obs orange male dominates in the cross, would be nice to see it hit back to a really cookie dom male to give it some more cookie flavor, like chunkypigs cookieboi.... idea??

:tiphat:

TheDank23

Veteran
Doin a little work in the garden tonight, up potting the last of the females and deciding if I want to keep the Sour sunset males left. Something tells me i'll find a better selection in the next round of seeds gettin bigger.

Brewin up a tea tonight with OGbiowar Root and Foliar packs, lil bit of aphrodites extraction (NOTG sucrose & dextrose) little bit of Molasses EWC, Handful of alfalfa meal, small handful of Ancient forest, pinch of insect frass, oh and a small pinch of kelp meal. Haha I got high and thought i'd brew up a real diverse tea with a little bit of everything.

Small clover? poppin up in OG pot. Pictures of soil, i know. But i'm extra toasted, crispy. deal with it

picture.php

Mutant Orange Julius about to get new shoes. Looking OG dominant so far but who knows.

picture.php

Cut some clones the other day they're lookin real happy. Using Snype's tried and true cloning method, had 99% success so far with it. Good stuff

picture.php

Thats all for now, back to work!

:ying:

TheDank23

Veteran
Well just got back from a much needed vacation. Buddy did a great job keepin things movin over here cept the clones, they're all dead. ugh, shit happens right? Gotta take some more and get somethin flowerin soon, veggin is tight an all but I want me some tasty flowers. Things are in good health but you how it is, always better when I'm there.

Takin a photo dump!

Sour Sunset #1 still lookin and smellin sherb/cookie dominant

picture.php

Sour Sunset #2 smelling more like sour by the day..

picture.php

Bagseed OG put it into another gear while I was away, but still needs some lovin, tough to clone it seems, even tho the rest died they had roots, these didn't. Gotta get her happier and before cloning again, then pass my buddy a cut, see what he can do.

picture.php

Orange Julius #1 Great vigor on her, nice creamy orange smell on the stem rub needs a little TLC to stack well, gotta get on that. Keepin an eye on this one.

picture.php

Orange Julius #2 Stem rubs remind me of animal cookie, also looking cookie dominant.

picture.php

TheDank23

Veteran
Triple dubble male still reeks like skunky oranges, and I'm really diggin the structure on him. Should be fun to play with the pollen, got a few ideas already.

picture.php

Sour Sunset seedlings are the 5 on the left and 3 on right are triple dubble, gettin some weird growth on 2 of those, not sure whether to tack it up to buddies inexperience with seeds or somethin else. Hope I can get em outta their funk.

picture.php

Group shot of the ladies and male. Probably gonna go into 7 gallons and veg another week or so while it cools down. Sorry bout the lines in the photo.

picture.php

TheDank23

Veteran
Just sprayed everybody down with an ogbiowar tea a while ago, gonna go back and root drench in a little bit. Seems with the summer heat and low humidity up here they've been runnin out of gas and ending up thirsty for the last few hours of lights on. I've started countering that with a light watering at or right before lights on then heavy watering about 1-2 hours later, puttin exhaust on timer and kickin the co2 on. They've been lovin it so far, cools off outside right around that time so the room drops down to 77, then creeps up to 80 with exhaust shuttin off while co2s on..... As I'm typing this I realize I could probably buy a controller to do this all for me..... :watchplant:

oh well, at least i'm startin to get a grip on how those things work.

Got the OG a bit happier, shes makin me work for it but i've got a feeling she'll be prayin when I get back in the room. Need to get a new ez cloner pump, shit made cloning EZ thats for sure and this OG is gonna fight me for clones. All of 2nd round sour sunsets seedlings goin into bigger pots tonight, will get pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Veg room is all set up and needs a few finishing touches I've been trying to get done with lack of funds and in laws in town... yay.... You know growing has taken over your life when you spend more money at the grow shop then the super market.

:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts