What's new

The Compound...

DunHav`nFun

Ok.....Since Icky dumped on the damn thread , I guess he needsta come clesan it up or just dump some more to keep the shit flowin……...seriously......Excellent show and tell my buddy.....now.....Icky....Are your hempy buckets just coco top to bottom with the elevated drain hole to keep solution in the bottom of the container ?....and hey Swap....

If you wanna pay for better quality coco that`ll guarantee an air porosity factor of 33-35 % in the rootzone as Icky`s preachin , since you`ll be onsite , there`s not much reason to add perlite or coco chunks and , as long as you`ve got the right consistency for multiple feeds to move through the rootzone and replenish aeration and swap out old juice constantly , you`re gonna end up golden once dialed.....and now....

Base nutes and additives......I gotta say …..That while I cropped , GH 3 part was easy , cheap , and available in my lil part of Hell shipped into a buddy`s Landscape service cuz I bought the shit by the 6 gal jugs constantly , but it was the cheapest shit available at the time and that`s what I learned with and dialed for a loooong time.....but...…

You can do better with the newer stuff available these days......Not sure if Icky still uses Jack`s and Calc Nit , but I received a sample of Mega Crop to try when my maxibloom runs out in my lil dirt grow for headies before this next round with Darlin`s Net on deck and veggin …...anyways.....jus sayin.....

I did well with GH 3 part in coco cuz I wasted so much down the drain with a lotta runoff after every feed , but me usin maxibloom in dirt has been an adventure in and of itself though I think I`ve finally got a hold on the salty beast , but again.....I think there`s better things you can utilize that`re still cost effective....aight....

Grow shit …..make things happen....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I use a stone or NAPA floor dry at the bottom of the Hempy bucket for the reservoir. The NAPA will degrade over time so stone is better.

I still use the Jack's and Calcium Nitrate.

swapmeet

If you wanna pay for better quality coco that`ll guarantee an air porosity factor of 33-35 % in the rootzone as Icky`s preachin , since you`ll be onsite , there`s not much reason to add perlite or coco chunks and , as long as you`ve got the right consistency for multiple feeds to move through the rootzone and replenish aeration and swap out old juice constantly , you`re gonna end up golden once dialed.....and now....

As you know from my location here, I cannot always get access to some of those designer coco... However, I do have access to both the stringy fibers and the chunks, both "guaranteed pest free," for whatever that is worth...probably not much. I am going to want to get up to several feedings per day for that explosive growth...

I found some 20oz clear plastic cups that will really allow for good rootzone development before transplant into the 2g flowering bags. They will still likely need a week or so of veg time to stretch into the bags, but they should be christmas trees by then... As you have said before, once the system is dialed and we are harvesting and replenishing a new quad each week with little christmas trees... veg time is irrelevant.

Base nutes and additives......I gotta say …..That while I cropped , GH 3 part was easy , cheap , and available in my lil part of Hell shipped into a buddy`s Landscape service cuz I bought the shit by the 6 gal jugs constantly , but it was the cheapest shit available at the time and that`s what I learned with and dialed for a loooong time.....but...…

You can do better with the newer stuff available these days......Not sure if Icky still uses Jack`s and Calc Nit , but I received a sample of Mega Crop to try when my maxibloom runs out in my lil dirt grow for headies before this next round with Darlin`s Net on deck and veggin …...anyways.....jus sayin.....

I did well with GH 3 part in coco cuz I wasted so much down the drain with a lotta runoff after every feed , but me usin maxibloom in dirt has been an adventure in and of itself though I think I`ve finally got a hold on the salty beast , but again.....I think there`s better things you can utilize that`re still cost effective....aight....

Grow shit …..make things happen....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …...

I have always been a believer in the NPK is NPK school of thought. Having said that, I spent a decade plus growing with flora nova grow and bloom only... In hydro. I was talking to a grow bro of mine about it and I told him I was going to run Jacks/Peters professional 20-20-20 with micros for the full cycle, maybe just supplementing some extra P (which would then lower the N and K automatically) after 21 days of flower... Now I am in uncharted territory for me and I am rethinking that approach. I want to keep it as simple as possible with the less is more philosophy. So far it is working well in the first stage... Should I switch to hydro nutes and cal mag supplement for coco?

swapmeet

I should add that I do have easy access to GH 3 part and cal mag out here... Not many other options as far as the canna coco...and newer shit.... but the flora series is reasonable inexpensive.

DunHav`nFun

NPK is NPK Bro , but coco`s a different animal in that while being soilless , once dialed with hydro nutes and required supplements/additives to keep the inherent CEC at optimum levels to keep the medium from stealing it back from the plants , produces hydro results guaranteed once all aspects are dialed with multiple feeds per day.....that said...…

I think your best bet cost effectiveness wise is to hope Icky`ll take yas under his wing and teach you Jack`s Hydro 5-12-26 along with Calcium Nitrate as the main supplement.....I know he also uses a Calcium Carbonate/Mag solution when excess Nitrogen`s not needed but the Cal/Mag supplement is.....also.....Epsom Salts @ 1 tsp. per gal will help with interveinal chlorosis/mag deficiency with leaves yellowing between the veins , and you can foliar spray it as well if needed.....aight.... thoughts to ponder.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …..

Edit;.....Bro.....If you feel comfortable with GH , far be it from me to getchas ta change , but it`s gonna take some dialin to prevent salt buildup , but dripclean is available to stop it , so again....thoughts to ponder.....

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have to run so I cant post right now. I will post latter what I use. Or you can go to my 13 week scrog thread and read it. It is all posted there. Just click on the link below this post to get there.

swapmeet

I have to run so I cant post right now. I will post latter what I use. Or you can go to my 13 week scrog thread and read it. It is all posted there. Just click on the link below this post to get there.

I'll read it. Thanks. I also read on Eric's thread where you and others had a conversation about jack's 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate... You don't have to post it here, I'll read it..I'm not shy..

swapmeet

Edit;.....Bro.....If you feel comfortable with GH , far be it from me to getchas ta change , but it`s gonna take some dialin to prevent salt buildup , but dripclean is available to stop it , so again....thoughts to ponder.....

I feel most comfortable doing it right the first time. That seems to be what you and Icky suggest with the Jack's recipe. I have people that will reship me anything I want/need...it's working with the seeds... Just a bit pricey to ship... I will try to source it locally, but we shall see...

DunHav`nFun

I feel most comfortable doing it right the first time. That seems to be what you and Icky suggest with the Jack's recipe. I have people that will reship me anything I want/need...it's working with the seeds... Just a bit pricey to ship... I will try to source it locally, but we shall see...
Bro....Folks laughed and scoffed at me for yrs cuz I praised and ran GH3 part dialed and hoonin….but if Jack`s ain`t cheap to where you are and GH is , you gotta consider budget overall and we`ll work with it.....Drip clean is paramount in importance to keep equipment clean and prevent residual salt buildup in containers/medium , so that`s gotta be in the budget , and I wish SM-90 was available cuz it goes a long way in rootzone critter management and overall plant health , and lastly I ran 5ml per gal of Botanicare Silicablast for as long as I cropped with every setup I ran , but only Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus when I went Coco DTW….anyways.....

Decisions , decisions.....Aight.....Bout ta grill some steaks , big ass shrimps , and watch my football game....later folks.....

Peace....DHF....:ying: …...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey eating lunch and about to go back. Just wanted to say DHF is right. If the GH is cheaper than Jack's use it. Just use heads numbers. 6 ml of micro and 9 ml of bloom per gallon with RO water PHed to 5.8. I ran that for a long time with no problem. I added 1 ml Drip Clean and 1 ml Pro-Tekt per gallon also in that mix. Worked great.

So per gallon it was:

6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
1 ml Pro-Tekt
1 ml Drip Clean

Per gallon RO water PH to 5.8.

Earlmarne

Im in.
I like what you got cooking.
DHF and Ichabod are the guys.
I found some gallons of sm90 online and snagged em up. Great stuff.

Earlmarne

I too have went back to hempys for keeping moms.
I currently run a ppk system in flower. Throw seed plants in the corners in coco pots and have been really impressed with how well they do.
Ive got some moms in 5 g coco hemps right now. Mixed about 15% worm castings into my coco and so far have been very happy with overall health.
I run jacks at a goofy ratio with ca10, but gh nutes have done me solid. I wouldnt hesitate to use if it was cheaper than jacks here.
Looking forward to watching this thread.

swapmeet

Hey eating lunch and about to go back. Just wanted to say DHF is right. If the GH is cheaper than Jack's use it. Just use heads numbers. 6 ml of micro and 9 ml of bloom per gallon with RO water PHed to 5.8. I ran that for a long time with no problem. I added 1 ml Drip Clean and 1 ml Pro-Tekt per gallon also in that mix. Worked great.

So per gallon it was:

6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
1 ml Pro-Tekt
1 ml Drip Clean

Per gallon RO water PH to 5.8.

Is this just your bloom recipe, or do you use it all the way through?

swapmeet

Im in.
I like what you got cooking.
DHF and Ichabod are the guys.
I found some gallons of sm90 online and snagged em up. Great stuff.

Hi Earl,
Welcome aboard... good snag on the SM-90... I was trying to find some as well... no luck.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Is this just your bloom recipe, or do you use it all the way through?

I ran that all the way threw. Some strains needed a Cal/Mag boost at the beginning of flower. I would give them Cal/Mag the week before they went into flower and for the first 4 maybe 5 weeks into flower. That was mostly the ChemD strain and its crosses.

I would use the one on the right because it has no Nitrogen and I was in flower. It will drop the PH quite a bit because it is made with Phosphoric acid. That is how they get the calcium in solution since they are using Calcium Carbonate and not Calcium Nitrate.

swapmeet

I ran that all the way threw. Some strains needed a Cal/Mag boost at the beginning of flower. I would give them Cal/Mag the week before they went into flower and for the first 4 maybe 5 weeks into flower. That was mostly the ChemD strain and its crosses.

I would use the one on the right because it has no Nitrogen and I was in flower. It will drop the PH quite a bit because it is made with Phosphoric acid. That is how they get the calcium in solution since they are using Calcium Carbonate and not Calcium Nitrate.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38856&pictureid=833238]View Image[/url]

Okay great, thanks. I can get all that here. The drip clean and proteckt will be reshipped, but they are in small bottles, so not anywhere near the shipping of 7lb bags of nutes...

swapmeet

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=38856&pictureid=833238]View Image[/url]

Your pictures are always way bigger than mine...lol how do you do that, custom resize?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Your pictures are always way bigger than mine...lol how do you do that, custom resize?

When I use the insert image button the picture come up and I select it. Then in the post all that crap pops up. If you look at the end it will say & followed by a number. Delete the & and the number and the picture will come up the size I post them.

swapmeet

So you would say that RO is a must then, right? Also, GH makes Flora Kleen...is that okay, or is it definitely Drip Clean?

Latest posts

Latest posts