What's new

The Come Up?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
why not just spread raise the higher bulb and lower the lowest one? DE= Diamatious Earth ....if I t doent work the same wet why is everyone topdressing with it or adding it to there soil ? Im just going to flower out everything snip clones and start over ..fuck it

Wat up 5th lets get that octagon cranking :tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

why not just spread raise the higher bulb and lower the lowest one? DE= Diamatious Earth ....if I t doent work the same wet why is everyone topdressing with it or adding it to there soil ? Im just going to flower out everything snip clones and start over ..fuck it

perlite replacement.

on top of medium to use as a visual indicator of how wet or dry the medium is by color.

also pest barrier, but I have no experience with that.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I can say that I have seen lest soil activity since adding the DE . the thing is it turns to clay once wet so you have to replace it every now and then. I imagine it is difficult for bugs to burrow through the clay and that suffocation might occur to any larvae atop of the medium.I spread the DE all over the room essentially making a mess but making any bugs that are running around will stumble through it and dehydrate them. I really don't care about the flyers im more interested in stopping them from breeding and growing .

Explain the Imid if you don't mind..:tiphat:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DE sucks imo. I think you would be better off with Nematodes, they would rape any RA.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
ive got some research to do with these nematodes , I really just wanna pour some shit thatll kill EVERYTHING but the plant lol

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Because Tleaf, alot of cannaforums are full of shit, and the advise on them is stupid shit some one thinks they figured out OR from what I've noticed, misinformation spread on purpose to keep the competition at bay.

Best use nature vs nature. DE works good if you keep it dry and in places like your pantry were say a cockroach would crawl around. Nematodes

It works because of how "sharp" the particles are, they slice the insects, when wet the particles condense into "clay".

Id say that clay compaction is bad for your top layer of soil. Oxygen flow will be more beneficial than potential suffocation. RA's already damaging the roots, so you don't wanna inhibit more harm by lacking oxygen.

And 5th, you want beneficial microbes -fungi/bacteria. Great White Shark. They aren't bugs, their plug and play connections for your plants and the medium. mycorrhizae is by far one of thee MOST ESSENTIAL factors in a healthy root system. Please do not do more damage to yourself and girls by over looking this very very very very important factor.

Inoculate your plants, they'll be healthier, produce more, eat better, grow faster, theres nothing to lose dude, seriously, you'll only have benefits like roots growing up and out of the coco.

Its like putting a shield on your plants that also increases efficiency because they are doing less work, the bennies are working for the plant, in unison, they even share DNA.

You want an easier grow, better plants, an easier to maintain no bug policy, USE BENNEFICIALS HOMIE!!!!

And don't say you aren't organic, im not either and i inoculate and recharge my mediums, major difference from before when I wasn't. It should be the one mandatory factor in your seedling planting, clone planting, transplanting and feeding.

Lemme know if you want help, Nematodes will fix your bug problem as long as its medium born. Great White Shark has everything you need, 30$ish(local) for 4 ounces that should last you a year or two.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive got some research to do with these nematodes , I really just wanna pour some shit thatll kill EVERYTHING but the plant lol

Nematodes = you lightly water your medium. Sprinkle the vermiculite that contains the nematodes(if you choose the original formula and not hte spray) and then water again. 2 days later results should appear.

safe in all plant growth stages

Miraculous Meds

Because Tleaf, alot of cannaforums are full of shit, and the advise on them is stupid shit some one thinks they figured out OR from what I've noticed, misinformation spread on purpose to keep the competition at bay.

Best use nature vs nature. DE works good if you keep it dry and in places like your pantry were say a cockroach would crawl around. Nematodes

It works because of how "sharp" the particles are, they slice the insects, when wet the particles condense into "clay".

Id say that clay compaction is bad for your top layer of soil. Oxygen flow will be more beneficial than potential suffocation. RA's already damaging the roots, so you don't wanna inhibit more harm by lacking oxygen.

And 5th, you want beneficial microbes -fungi/bacteria. Great White Shark. They aren't bugs, their plug and play connections for your plants and the medium. mycorrhizae is by far one of thee MOST ESSENTIAL factors in a healthy root system. Please do not do more damage to yourself and girls by over looking this very very very very important factor.

Inoculate your plants, they'll be healthier, produce more, eat better, grow faster, theres nothing to lose dude, seriously, you'll only have benefits like roots growing up and out of the coco.

Its like putting a shield on your plants that also increases efficiency because they are doing less work, the bennies are working for the plant, in unison, they even share DNA.

You want an easier grow, better plants, an easier to maintain no bug policy, USE BENNEFICIALS HOMIE!!!!

And don't say you aren't organic, im not either and i inoculate and recharge my mediums, major difference from before when I wasn't. It should be the one mandatory factor in your seedling planting, clone planting, transplanting and feeding.

Lemme know if you want help, Nematodes will fix your bug problem as long as its medium born. Great White Shark has everything you need, 30$ish(local) for 4 ounces that should last you a year or two.

I keep reading comments like this about beneficials, and I go and try them again. lol

the difference for me has been minimal. It certainly isn't a critical factor at all in getting healthy plants, with personal records for yields or quality.

and ive tried a lot of products and made my own teas. IMO, maybe a benefit, but certainly over rated.

I don't know that Id buy the bennies to last a year or two since they die off within that time. If ur gonna do it, its better to buy fresh smaller batches. Check those dates on the packages.

and tleaf was on point about spreading the light better. That is one of the critical things to understand to gain yield.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I may look into the nematoads for when i start the new clones so the remaining flyersarent able to infest the soil . I am thinking about adding some great white to the new transplants to boost up my roots.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep reading comments like this about beneficials, and I go and try them again. lol

the difference for me has been minimal. It certainly isn't a critical factor at all in getting healthy plants, with personal records for yields or quality.

and ive tried a lot of products and made my own teas. IMO, maybe a benefit, but certainly over rated.

I don't know that Id buy the bennies to last a year or two since they die off within that time. If ur gonna do it, its better to buy fresh smaller batches. Check those dates on the packages.

and tleaf was on point about spreading the light better. That is one of the critical things to understand to gain yield.

Trick is you need to inoculate the roots early, so the colonization of the root zone is started early, and as roots grow, spreads out with them.

They don't work well with high EC/PPM because the salt toxicity kills them.

My 4 oz of Great White expires 7-1-2017 :D

The spores under proper storage should last, you aren't using living microbes unless you brew em up and spring them to life!

Also the trick for us Hydro folk is to re inoculate the medium with drenches. Once every 2 weeks should be perfect but once a month should be good. Extra carbohydrates for the microbes helps both parties.

I've had perfect plants when I was using Kelp products like Thrive Alive B-1 Green bottle, or Amino Treatment and having an inoculated medium, while using advanced Nutrients, and the fan leaves were as big as my face, in my rinky dink 5x5 closet lol.

Just inoculation of good microbes will go a long way because they go far beyond exchanging ions of food back and forth, they help regulate the ph in your medium and more! Adding some solid kelp products will really help boost veg and lower turn around time.

Costs more and requires more work tho :D

Agree'd about the light, thats something we all have to work on.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Roll the beans in it! 24 hour germ. Coty's in 24! Dropped right in some wet cacao, good stuff. I was using Mykos but the glomus is the key to it all.

On the transplants do it to it tleaf it doesn't just help roots it makes for bigger healthier plants.

5th

Veteran
Watsup 5th....
Mmmm that 3level room you got set up looks too epic.... I can just imagine it filled with flowers..... keep killing it brah! Hear you on the family thing too hey, the things we gotta do sometimes right?

I got arrested just before I could really do anything with that 3 tier set up. lol...was just starting to get my vert mojo up n' on.

Your a voice of reason Smelly :tiphat: All I have to do is look at my problems then think "well fuck...at least I don't live in SA" lol

How you making out now? That heat treatment was fucked bro.

DE= Diamatious Earth ....if I t doent work the same wet why is everyone topdressing with it or adding it to there soil ? Im just going to flower out everything snip clones and start over ..fuck it

I'm a hot headed idiot. DE most likely would have solved my problems tleaf. :tiphat:

also pest barrier, but I have no experience with that.

Neither I...but you nailed it bro.

I really just wanna pour some shit thatll kill EVERYTHING but the plant

I made a cocktail like that the other night....probly should have laid off the Raid in retrospect.... fuck it. Drunken rage is what drunken rage does.

Bugs man...I fuckin' hate 'em. Maybe some childhood shit trauma I can't remember.

I think I'm gonna run my vert tubes again... I'll check out this Great White Shark shit though.

Been on my shitty phone lately...so no response until now I'm afraid.

Gonna run the tubes again. Gonna be 3x400w This has to do with the diameter of my octagon.
If it were larger I could use the 600's. I mean shit...I gottem. They're just not the right tool for the job.

So the bugs.

Not potato bugs...maybe its slang? ...maybe I'm a drunken idiot? lol@maybe...

Yeah the bugs...fuck...ahh right "pill /sow bugs"

DE looks like it would have worked...fuck it...4 different types of bug killer did it. I mean there is no movement what the fuck so ever....

Probly gonna take the 3 clones out of 'no mans land' and stick 'em in cups until I can make a fresh batch of soil.

Good talk gents. :tiphat:

5th

Veteran
Don't think I've done a proper update yet. So lets give that a shot....

Day 28

Group shot before watering

picture.php

All the seedling plants.

picture.php

Check out that fuckin' Haze plant

picture.php

The runt

picture.php

The one bagseed that survived the cut

picture.php

5th

Veteran
Next up is the cuttings that went into flower. I'm starting to notice characteristics on a few of them which is leading me to believe some are Strawberry Blue instead of Rockstar Kush.

I might have been moving while taking this pic...doesn't matter...woulda came out fucked up anyways...

picture.php

Just a few randoms.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Same as last one, just with the flash

picture.php

5th

Veteran
I'm liking these lil' screens. I'll put the cuttings in one side from now on (instead of the center of the pot) and move the screens right upto the front so I'll have an almost empty pot. Should make for easier/more even watering. I'll also tie ALL the branches down to the screen instead of letting most of them fuck off n' do their own thing.

picture.php
picture.php

The Strawberry Blue

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Where that straw/blue come from? Is it cough x dj's blue? That's definitely on my list to make a cross of!

Matter of fact I ought to hit that bitch up now!!

Its pretty cool to just be able to knock a girl up any time u want!

5th

Veteran
Its pretty cool to just be able to knock a girl up any time u want!

Agreed. High school was a blast. :biggrin:

The info i've found just says its a "pure strawberry" female crossed with the "new blue line" male. So as usual, I've no idea. Didn't find much relevant to the "new blue line"