What's new

The Chem family

Nspecta

Veteran
im curious how the ChemD cut does outside... i am @ 44.5 N ... our biggest problem is mold

End of October/Halloween finish...not a bad molder for how late she goes but will get a good bit. Big producer...out yielded two to one most other cuts I ran out at the same time (5 or so years ago).

Also it kind of depends on which Chem D you have...they're not all the same after all.

ChemDawg D~ Joe Brand's...early flower.

attachment.php

Randy~ That's some good looking Loompa ChemDawg. :tiphat:

Attachments

• ChemDawgD~EarlyFlower.JPG
    ChemDawgD~EarlyFlower.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 15

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
how are clones not the same?

Chem D was a seed, and now it's clones are what we all have

maybe some are sick or what not, but if you have The D, you have The D

how are clones not the same?

Chem D was a seed, and now it's clones are what we all have

maybe some are sick or what not, but if you have The D, you have The D

I think he meant that not all the chemdog cuts are the same aka the 91/D/sis/#4, and not that there are diff. versions of the D cut. But there sure are a variety of smells I hear ppl describe the odor. Fuel/super glue/burnt rubber/plastic/garlic/baby poo/body odor/hippies/chemical/ammonia/musky/astringent...

So what exactly does the 'D' cut actually smell like? B.O/hippy/garlic/meaty is on one end of the spectrum because those smells are somewhat similar to eachother in general. and although experienced arbitrarily by different growers, those associated nouns/adjectives come to mind enough for there to be a mutual consensus,, regardless of anyone coining that it smelled like {adjective}.

on the other hand I've heard it described as burnt rubber and super glue smelling... AS WELL AS meaty wtf!? AND like halitosis and rotting meat.. There can't be only one clone floating around with all those different spectrums of smells cuz garlic smells wayy different than meat, or rotten super glue meat rubbed on a hippies armpits... Whatever it smells like, I want to have different plants that smell like all those things I just named, I love strange/offensive/foul smelling cannabis which is why I'm so interested in the chem family and old skunks and afghanis. SO hopefully my chem seed bonanza grows in the near future come shining thru with some foul smells.

Good stuff comrades.

Oledad420

it's called mislabeling

there is only one Chem D, and I think I love her

:yeahthats Couldnt agree more. We had the whole chem family at one point and when it was all said and done the only 2 we kept was the chem D and the super snowdog, to me those are the best 2. The sis is nice, but the snowdog is better and the #4 was very nice also but the Chem D killed them all IMO. First time I smoked it grown and cured right I took 2 bong hits right after waking up in the morning, laid back in my chair and woke up 2 hours later thinking HOLY SHIT that fucked me up, been running her in ever grow I do since.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Chem d is potent but there are much better chem plants out there. Smoke wise its better than the 4 but that's not really say much.

mack 10

Veteran
also people percive smells a bit differently. The D also smells of different things at different times, depends how ripe she is.she loses the garlic and gets more bo/diesel/skunky as time goes on.(to me)
Recently puffed some amazing Chems sister, really funky flavour, burn your nostrill's dank!
Best i've seen her.(still perfer the Dank ass D though)
mack.

Nspecta

Veteran
I think he meant that not all the chemdog cuts are the same aka the 91/D/sis/#4, and not that there are diff. versions of the D cut.

I meant what I said sadly...it would be nice if everyone was on the same page but it's just not the case...there are multiple Chemdawg D cuts in circulation and they are clearly NOT the same.

The one I posted up, from Joe B, is NOT the Chemdawg D cut that came from Mass G...it could possibly be an S1 of Chem D (just a guess)...I also have another Chem D now that is not either of the first two Chemdawg D's I aquired from Mass G or Joe B.

The only reason I mentioned this fact is...depending on what cut you have it might perform differently...ripen earlier/later, mold more or less, etc....and in no way am I saying one cut is better than another. ..there's just potential variables is all. :tumbleweed:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
yea man, mislabled is the name of the game

There is only one D, it's like fake cookies, but they are Chem Dookies

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
like what?

The D has nice potency and yields, but flavor is kinda uninteresting compared to other chems. Dialed chem sis is much preffered. 91 wipes the floor with her. Stardawg too. I've also had several chemsours and a chem4sd that were much better than straight chem d.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
so will the D finish at 45N??? guess we will see!

Good luck and keep us posted. I've always had mold issues outside. Aero, you and I are in the same yard, and I never want to go into Oct, which really limits strain choices.
Are you running the same dome greenhouses this year? Those look killer.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
I meant what I said sadly...it would be nice if everyone was on the same page but it's just not the case...there are multiple Chemdawg D cuts in circulation and they are clearly NOT the same.

The one I posted up, from Joe B, is NOT the Chemdawg D cut that came from Mass G...it could possibly be an S1 of Chem D (just a guess)...I also have another Chem D now that is not either of the first two Chemdawg D's I aquired from Mass G or Joe B.

The only reason I mentioned this fact is...depending on what cut you have it might perform differently...ripen earlier/later, mold more or less, etc....and in no way am I saying one cut is better than another. ..there's just potential variables is all. :tumbleweed:

Whats the deal with the one that shows the funky leaf pattern when she doesn't get mag? Was the cut rez used...

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Good luck and keep us posted. I've always had mold issues outside. Aero, you and I are in the same yard, and I never want to go into Oct, which really limits strain choices.
Are you running the same dome greenhouses this year? Those look killer.

dome green house to harden them off then they go straight under the sun. man i really hope i can have the D down by the harvest moon. i should probably just stick with the lvpk again

Latest posts

Latest posts