Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I've grown Serious Seeds Bubblegum, and I found the smell

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • I've grown Serious Seeds Bubblegum, and I did not find the smell

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Baba Ku

Veteran
If I acquire some BG seeds from a vendor, do you think they will be heterozygous or homozygous? If I cross a male and female from those seeds, are they going to be heterozygous or homozygous?
If I cross the progeny of those BG seeds to a NL will the F1 progeny from that cross be heterozygous or homozygous?
I'm curious if you feel that one vendors BG would be indistinguishable from being BG and another vendor's wouldn't....you know, for folks who have grown BG and know what it looks, tastes, and smells like and knows how the buzz is?

If I aquire BG seeds, did they not come from BG? And those seeds before that did they come from BG? Just when in the chain did we loose stability?

W

White Goodman

Here is my thought for today :)

Is the whole world of marijuana strains really impossible to prove or verify one way or another, really? It's not like we are using DNA tests and stuff like that. I think it is all fun, but i think it is hard to have gaurentees sometimes.
I thought the other day, even for the most experienced marijuana expert, there must be, (example) a particular phenotype of one strain that is close to identical to a particular phenotype of a completely different type of strain.
And while it is an 'industry' it is far from NASA.
:)

amrad

I'v been saying this for years, but no one really seem interested. Until and unless we have breed standards, just like they do for dogs cats fish pigeons ext ext, we will continue to get a huge diversity of characteristics in cannabis strains.
We need to set standards as to growth habits flower time yeild and gross pheno types like smell taste ext for each strain.
And in an ideal world would have breed clubs setting up those standards, this will insure the continuation of important strains, and make sure they stay the same from one generation to the next.
So when you have a cannabis contest, what ever the hell they call those, I never keep up with that crap, you would have NL#5 competing against other NL#5 plants and they would be judged against the standard.
This also would have a huge spin off for breeders, as those that won a contest would have their genetics very much in demand, including the sale of pollen which is at present worthless.
This would change the whole cannabis scene.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
you two are crazy. I agree with the basics of what you say, but its totally unrealistic.

I would happily grow indiana bubblegum (which tastes like pink gum) right next to my Bogglegum (which tastes like grape bubblicious gum). Bogglegum (or which ever gum) may be impossible to prove or verify one way or another, but there are plenty of reports about the a grape pheno. Did i mention i chop her at 52-56 days? I dont care where it came from, i dont care that it is crossed with NL5, all i care about is that I was told there was a grape pheno, and i found a grape pheno.

(FWIW, my only complaint is my pheno is so bushy and she barely stretches. I grow vert in 5Gal buckets, so i need a bit of stretch. Others could find those traits a lot more appealing. [I just take bigger clones, thinning the inside of the plant.])

Two bubblegums, two totally different flavors, both very appealing to me. (I cant get my bogglegum into full production fast enough.)
[/two cents]

W

White Goodman

Are you saying 'I', am crazy???
Well yes, that is probably true, and for the record 'I also agree that i have no idea what i am talking about.'
Did i mention that i am also in the 1% of males that don't masturbate.
............. just thought i'd mention that, it felt so............ organic.
In case anyone has the Bubblegum 'Dickcheese' Pheno, let me know, i have been searching the globe literally for years trying to lock that one down.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
i think that you guys have a good point:but i don't think that the breed standard type model, proposed by Amrad, is practicable. Perhaps more useful would be a standard terpenoid/cannabinoid profile for a given strain/clone against which others can be judged.
Otherwise you're into DNA which, frankly, is beyond me.

In support of WGoodmans point:i am continually amazed at how growers get what appears to be totally different bud from the same cuttings. I see this all the time. Happened, again, in the last few days-a guy gave me a SSH bud-i grow the cut-he has no access to other clones so it couldn't have been a plant mix up-even after he told me it was my SSH i could find no resemblance to the buds that i produce from the clone.

Also alot of growers are v impressionable:ie give them a clone-tell them that it's Cheese-and a good 50% WILL smell the cheese.

And some of the seed producers appear to have been less than forthcomming on the origin of some of their strains

truth is that, especially online, we can only get a general impressionistic idea of the characteristics and merits of a given strain or cut.

smells are v subjective as well-and can be difficult to describe-eg i wrote that the Serious BG that I grew (about 5yrs ago) smelled like Bubblegum-but thinking back-i described the smell of the growroom at the time as like 'being in a boiled sweet factory'. It has the v strong smell of the esters that they flavour boiled sweets with. We made them at school in chemistry.

a close friend said to me recently that out of all the weed that i've ever grown (he's tried it all) Serious BGum was his fave.

eddieS

Thing about it is...if you show a non-growing pal a fat sack and don't tell him what it is, he will probably be all over it and absolutely love everything about the appearance, feel, smell, and he will love the smoke. The dense buds are especially appealing in the sack.
But...tell him it's bubblegum before he sees it, and if it does not have that classic bazooka smell to it at first huff, he will be somewhat turned off by it. I have seen it time and time again. Not nearly excited as he would have been if he wasn't expecting some hype to pleasure his nostrils.

Hmmm....that would be an example of me withholding the whole truth of things, not for dubious intentions, but to help the experience of my pal.

that right there is one of the smartest things you have said. and im not trying to bust your balls, baba.

Baba Ku

Veteran
Good, because if you were trying to bust my balls, I would want you to go into detail.
It's easy to sit back and say I'm all fucked up...explaining why takes a bit more.
And it wasn't anything to do with smart, it was just reporting my experience with how people act.
Not trying to bust your balls or anything, jack.

SMC

I wouldn't advise Bogbubble to anyone. Actually I wouldn't advise anything by BOG that I've tried, namely: Bogbubble, Sour Bubble, Sour Lifesaver...
Not one single plant smells or tastes anything like Bubblegum, in fact they all smell and taste crappy. The Dinafem Roadrunner freebies smell 1000x better. :/

Sorry, getting really fed up with all the hyped up seeds that never deliver. And it's not only by BOG...

S

Silence

In support of WGoodmans point:i am continually amazed at how growers get what appears to be totally different bud from the same cuttings. I see this all the time. Happened, again, in the last few days-a guy gave me a SSH bud-i grow the cut-he has no access to other clones so it couldn't have been a plant mix up-even after he told me it was my SSH i could find no resemblance to the buds that i produce from the clone.

theres a formula for that. GxE=P.. you can take cuttings from the same plant and make them taste and appear very different in different enviroments.

MacHush

sooo theres this guy i know... has a cut "Original Indiana Bubblegum"

he says it smells and tastes like grapey gum, i have yet to try it.

ShroomDr, you say the indiana has the Pink Gum aroma/flavor?

a few years ago a buddy came back from one of the east coast festivals, had an Oz of Bubbegum. Smell was decent.... but the taste was OMFG. even the last shitty hit of the bowl tasted intensely of Pink Bubblegum..... sweet but not toooo sweet, emphasis on the gum part.
I've wanted Pink Tasting Bubblegum ever since !!!
high was good, upp indica, like another member said earlier.

just wondering if its worth pickin up a cut?

MacHush

Also

Am I the only one who sees no contradicting facts between Tom Hills story, and Nevilles claims?
bag seeds from cali... PROBABLY was SSSC stock like Neville says LOL
SSSC was the most influential seed supplier of its time. would only make sense to me!
--- or did i misread?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
ShroomDr, you say the indiana has the Pink Gum aroma/flavor?
At this point, who knows, lets just say the few bags i got were called bubblegum, had a pink bubblegum flavor and smell, it had the 'pink trich cover bag' tom referenced, and it came from a dude im sure was running it outta Indiana.

Whether it was 100% real deal IBG who knows. :blowbubbles: This was probably 8-10 years ago too.

quebecgold

lol thats funny, I just ordered a whole bunch of bubblegum seeds from 3 different breeders. WL TH and BOG. I will try to recreate a bubble strain for myself to enjoy. The only way to find the bubblegum with all the qualities you want. you're gonna have to make your own seeds from them. mixing the different companies or the same companies is up to you. but you will need to make atleast 100 to 200 seeds and sprout all of them in batches of 25 or 50 depending on your space. take out all the males you'll have to grow them all
bud them keep 2 clones of each atleast and then find that special one and keep her... which is a long process your gonna need alot of patiences so for now you should do with whats there and what they have to offer. i grew serious bubblegum in 2008 it smelled like bubblegum thru out and really smelled like bubblegum while drying and curing. the smoke was also sweet but it was leaning on the sativa side i'm more of a indica smoke that's why i picked thseeds.

Date Ordered: Monday 15 November, 2010

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x BOG - Blue Kush () = $97.12CND
1 x THS - Bubblegum (313) = $95.55CND
1 x WHL - Double Gum (316) = $28.18CND
1 x BOG - Bogglegum () = $97.12CND
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $317.96CND
Shipping (Based on Item Count): $7.70CND
Total: $325.66CND

This was my order incase you wonder how much it will cost you for some bubble gum seeds.

MacHush

are you insulting me or agreeing? wtf? how is the statement of the SSSC being a majorly influential source of seeds, an inaccurate ? the bubblegum developed sometime in the 80's, Right? when sssc was flourishing....
so what are you talking about?

shroomdr, right on, good to know.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are you insulting me or agreeing? wtf? how is the statement of the SSSC being a majorly influential source of seeds, an inaccurate ? the bubblegum developed sometime in the 80's, Right? when sssc was flourishing....
so what are you talking about?

shroomdr, right on, good to know.

No offence intended bro :)
But remember:
"learn before you teach" ;)

PROBABLY was SSSC stock like Neville says LOL

LOLOL

Last edited:

DRorganic

Veteran
I grew the serious version and still have 10 seeds left. i had one that came close to the smell of bubblegum but most was a strong skunk smell. i have some rez chem ibl that i want to cross to serious seed bubblegum to have as close as i can get to og kush. and some mosca c99bx1 and cross it to the chemdog IBL.

but to my reading things white label is serious seeds crossed to a thc bubblegum.

Scrogerman

Veteran
I thought White Label was an offshoot of SensiSeeds'?! but i could be wrong! Im right it is, if you look carefully on their Website, it says a Sensi seeds company!(i do like the look of 'Mother's Finest' but this is about Bubblegum!), looks like they have bought Flying Dutchman too!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts