• I've grown Serious Seeds Bubblegum, and I found the smell

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • I've grown Serious Seeds Bubblegum, and I did not find the smell

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Scrogerman

Veteran
you crazy guys!!

Bubblegums a lovely strain, prolly my favorite tasting bud to date, or at least right up there at the top, i just love the Pink Bubblegum flavoured pheno's, but ive not seen a bad one anywhere. wherever you go Serious/TH/FMS/SS/WL etc etc, im pretty sure you'll find a good keeper, im really interested in Bog's gear too, not many say bad things thats for sure.
Gotta luv that Bubblegum Bud!

me id go with Serious or FMS gummer probably

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Serious has had the best uniformity for Bubble Gum phenos found. But, still want to try BOGBUBBLE it is IBL BubbleGum line. He said back on OG he got his from White Lable a long time ago. I dont know what WL sells now but it seems to be different then what BOG found, based on recent reports of WL now called DoubleGum, seems to be very unstable.

So if that helps ya choose then go for it! SERIOUS BG or BOGs BOGBUBBLE. Done!! let us know what you get and do a report on it that way this poll will have even MORE merit with actual results!! :woohoo:

SGS

MtnLivin

Sorry Baba, but you are so far off it is not even funny. Rarely are ANY of the genetics you buy now-a-days. It take years of selective breeding to create and inbred line. There literally are only a handful of IBL genetics available at the moment. I suggest YOU do some more research before posting non sense.

Baba Ku

Veteran
Bog Bubble is BOG's bubblegum IBL. Bogglegum is not an IBL as it was outcrossed to NL. From everything that I have read Bubba Kush has no Bubblegum in it.

OK, yes I said bogglegum when I should have said bogbubble. I certainly was not meaning the outcross to NL5. That is exactly what I am talking about when an IBL is outcrossed to something else it is no longer an IBL.
If you have a BG and it has not been outcrossed, it is an IBL.
As far as buba kush not having bg in it...well I would not be alone in my thoughts, and if you read what BOG has had to say since his last entry to the scene, you will find that he thinks what I do because his very words talk about how he created his own bubba kush with his sourbubble..which is reportedly a his bogglegum (opps..I mean BOGbubble) crossed to an afghan kush.

Yes you could have two very different lines of Bubblegum, say like TH or Simons, but they would both be an IBL. Now, if you were to breed the two different versions of BG together they would no longer be a true worked IBL line, and some would consider that cross to be an F1. (some may consider it a backcross) But where do we find these IBL crossings for sale? Nowhere, save for maybe at private auction.

If a breeder has worked a BG to be able to sell the seeds, how did they take it away from being a worked inbred line? What about one breeders BG makes it an IBL, and another's not?
Now, some breeders have a habit of using something like a benign true breeder such as a skunk and then calling the cross the original strains name, or perhaps changing the name slightly so that you get the feeling you are buying the original strain. AK49 or something stupid like that.

Wiggs Dannyboy, when I mentioned that the poll was a bit lacking, it was considering all that I had provided. It certainly didn't mean "critical to the point of suggesting the poll has absolutely no merit".
Although if all you seek is aroma, then the poll is quite lacking. There are far more offerings than just the two you mentioned.
Take what Chrome offers up. He bought some WL bubblegum, which is an IBL because it is bubblegum and has been selected and worked so seeds can be reproduced for public consumption. It may have been worked with differing selections that say BOG or Simon may have made, but they are still working with an IBL genepool. They have just took it in their direction. Since Chrome didn't outcross to another BG (or anything else for that matter), and he kept his breeding within the line he originally bought from WL, he too is offering an IBL bubblegum. BTW, I would search for his thread concerning his 100 plant BG selections, and then wait for him to auction some more off...if aroma is all you seek.
Now, when you use your conventional wisdom about IBL's when you buy a BG, just be aware that there can and will indeed be some variation within an IBL line, including bubblegum. Do you assume that if every plant doesn't carry the same aroma that it isn't an IBL?
One would surmise that from what you have said.
BTW, I was growing pot when Nixon was president.
:dunno:

S

Silence

Yes you could have two very different lines of Bubblegum, say like TH or Simons, but they would both be an IBL. Now, if you were to breed the two different versions of BG together they would no longer be a true worked IBL line, and some would consider that cross to be an F1. (some may consider it a backcross) But where do we find these IBL crossings for sale? Nowhere, save for maybe at private auction.
This is typically what I do if I want to find something myself and keep a line of it... for instance I kept some of TH seeds bubblegum and the White label doublegum seperate and also open pollinated them to start my new line...

BTW, I was growing pot when Nixon was president.

You old git, I'm probably more grey though.

Kopite

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what Nevil said (11-19-2010) :D

"It wasn't developed in the US. That's just the standard bullshit these boys put out to avoid admitting that it was pure Seed Bank stock.
The original BG was nice. I believe that it was a Big Bud Skunk X Nl5 SK cross. Later inbreedings, produced an inferior product.
I don't know about Silverback, but I do know my strains. Critical Mass, also comes from the BBSK line. Try crossing it to NL5SK, the result may burst a bubble."

Scrogerman

Veteran
Chromes Pink Bazooka is the one you speak of. i wanted her too but couldnt manage it, not for the want of trying & approching Chrome on IC to ask when drops were happening, testers etc etc. Some of the testers produced some lovely looking pheno's. I know Chrome selected those from a shit load of BG plants & selected the best, the name says it all, if i could get these id go for them above most of the afforementioed BG Breeders choices. ;)

Mmmmmm Pinkkk Bazzzoookkaaa...

I dont believe anyone else but Adam from THSeeds found the true bubblegum in NewEngland was it??, anyway i believe THS & nobody has ever contested his story that i know of, he gave serious the sativa offereing of the original. the robbers never killed them all & he managed to save a limb of one & re-veg it, saving it & then tracked back to find his parentage of BG again, thats how i took it. he developed the strain in Amsterdam, thats where it got robbed, partially destroyed, but made the cross in the states! obviously realised what he'd got/found & the potential($$$$$) & moved to Holland where Laws were less inhibiting at the time. 150+- of the BG seeds he took to Holland, you know the story as he tells it.

I fkin Lov Bubblegum, its soo lovely mmmmm.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Moment of truth. Bubblegum: Adams CIA 94/95. Fellow from Indiana hanging with Adam & slinging the "last of his bubblegum stock" at $60 a seed while Adam was multiplying this decent indica downstairs (which looks absolutely nothing like what it does today- from any bank). "Bagseed from Cali" is where he got it in another moment of truth from the guy. The kids at the Grey area were coating their baggies with bubblegum to make it smell just so, leaving a pink sugary substance on the baggies (yeah clowns, I remember). You have folk that run to claim the rights to bringing shit across the pond but in almost every single instance, it was a friggen joke (with the exception of Haze) - mostly low grade Mexican crosses.

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the confusing post. What I'm saying is that I don't believe anybody there has original Bubblegum "pure". That Adam likely lost his stock during a sad rippoff sometime after I left for the price of weed. & subsequently was forced to release a backcross from salvaged plant material. That Serious probably only had a clone that was being passed around & also released a backcross. That the original seedline brought over was an excellent indica from California, but quite variable in the first place to the point that the early clone releases through shops, though very good, did not live up to the name consistently enough regarding flavor- & that foolish steps were taken to combat this. This type of story is certainly not new over there or anywhere else folks, for a chuckle just check the blackholed/forged documents in the doglines of the KNVP. Of course one of these guys would actually have to show up to set the record straight -like you- I'm waiting. Here's what I believe, & would do based on nothing more than pictures. :) Serious & white label used NL in their bubblegum backcrosses & Adam probably used something else with a more sativa-like bolty bud structure. I would likely go with serious myself, if I was looking for something semi-close to the original. None of it is though truly original, imo. Adam? Indiana man? Haze dude? Grey Area? Simon? Anybody else that was there? At any rate, I believe the original Bubblegum was the best indica that they had seen as of that date, & all the rage at the time certainly confirmed this. A less than picture perfect story followed.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81001 :D

Scrogerman

Veteran
Nice one Raco, but its all hear-say mate, i believe Adam, not someone that wasnt there or someone thats trying to put his nose out of joint(he said this, he said that, naa come on man, bagseeds lol), sounds & looks like jeliousy to me sorry. believe what you will.
Still thanks for the Info man!
Ive sampled some pure tasting Bubblegum Buds in my time & it wasnt tainted with anything, prolly some of the best Bud i will ever have the pleasure of Puffin on tbh!
best o Luck! tot-ziens!

ecsd

my bubble gum (serious) foung the smell but the pheno i kept has the traditional bubblegum smell as an undertone, this cut smells like berries w/ the bg scent under the berries

El Toker

I got a "bubblegummer" freeby, it smelled like skunk, disappointing in that respect, but the high was good and that's what really matters.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Results so far suggest that finding the bubblegum smell is more likely growing the THSeeds beans, by a large margin (THSeeds/2.5 to 1, Serious/about 1 to 1). The sampling is still quite small though, so the more results we get the more accurate the results will be.

LIFEISGOOD

Low expectations?

Low expectations?

Now I will say this....I have never ever, not even one time, try as hard as I may, ever gotten high from the smell of weed. Not once. You?
Now, it may sell a bag or two...but those who are into selling for a living wouldn't be placing a poll like this to begin with.
And it may gain you some cred with the homies....but that is about it.

Some are looking for a super duper smell, others select for good buzz.
:dunno:

I disagree with this statement, to me this misses the mark of greatness, or rather, the essence of DANK. To have taste, smell, intensity, and the high. To have anything less is just damn good medicine. But to have all of these desired traits should be the goal of every breeder trying to achieve the highest level of smoke. I know there are other traits for the breeder and grower, but not so much for the smoker.

Don't get me wrong, the high is the most important quality, but we live in a refined world. If you live in a med state you pretty much can pick your poison.

I define Dank as the top 1%. It should have it all. Anything less is second tier, and I love me some second tier. But Dank is Dank.

Any beer will get you drunk, why not drink one that taste good? Let's set the bar a little higher. :wave:

LIFEISGOOD

Sorry to rant on a bubblegum thread. But I guess fans of the BG are looking for the taste and the high. To infer that they only want the taste is silly.

Baba Ku

Veteran
I have grown lots of bubblegum...I have some going right now both in flower and in veg.
I've had a couple with the bazooka aroma. It is no big deal and really never relates to the buzz. The one I have been growing for about a year now is FMS and has a fruity funk, but is no pink bubblegum. FMS line does have that aroma though, and it has been shown and told about.

Others simply go gaga over the aroma. It will sell a sack without a test smoke no doubt.
It's not the taste that is sought after, especially by new growers. It is the smell.
(which very rarely transmits to the taste to begin with)

NL would be another example of differing terpine expressions in a very IBL.
Some NL will have a wonderful fruity aroma that rivals that of a strong BG, whiles it's siblings can carry an almost nil terpine expression, and have almost no aroma at all. Barely even detect it is something green and growing.
The heavy aroma plant may well lose much of it's aroma during cure, while the no smell plant can actually increase in taste during cure to a point that the two plants are indistinguishable in the bowl.

I still contend we are on a smell hunt in this thread...and the search criteria is a very narrow one. IMO, if one is goofy over the smell of weed, and the sugary sweet is what they like, then they are making a mistake not to grow BOG's gear, and specifically sourbubble of any generation.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with being on a smell hunt. I can't understand why you think doing so is a waste of time. I started this thread to gather information for myself, not for you. If anybody else can benefit from the info this thread gathers, that is even better. I know from reading and searching on these boards a good many others want info on this subject.

And I am now convinced that you don't really know what an IBL is...your statement above about Northern Lights illustrates this perfectly.

Latest posts

Latest posts