What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Scrappy, thanks, and no drama, i'm not at all claiming it is pure BB, just clarifying the nature of the hybrid genes and the family tree. It is what it is, and i'm very happy with it !:dance013:

VG, I got nothing but respect for you bro, but your strain is 100% a blueberry hybrid. Nothing you can do will ever make it pure Blueberry. Fact! Don't run from it, embrace it. From the reports I've seen, BlueDigiBerry is an improvement on the original blue lines, delivering consistent terps and flavor many of us blue fanatics crave.

Digiberry may or may not be a legit blueberry. You seem quite certain it is. I'm not so sure Frank would agree with you.

Sour Bubble sure as hell is not blueberry! BlueDigiBerry is 12.5% Sour Bubble. Clearly a hybrid. No way around that.

It is what it is bro. I'm sure it's a great seedline. It's just not straight blueberry which is what this thread was originally supposed to be about, or so I thought. :dunno:

If you or frank wanted to make a pure blueberry line, you'd need to first confirm one way or another the genetic background of digiberry, and then hit it with a blue line male and work from there. Not too hard to do really. Kinda surprised it hasn't been done already tbh...

Greatdalas

Seedsman has a real tasty BB, the sativa looking ones, it's kinda not the strongest, but hopefully this one I popped in the sativa one instead of the bushy short ones. Dutch Passion had a good Blueberry in the mid 2000s, like 03 or so I grew it. I grew all of DJ Shorts BB and paid I think 200 for True BB and it was garbage. Some nice looking males, but the females weren't even close to as good as Dutch Passion. Hopefully I can pony up and get a pack of BB and White Widow from Dutch Passion. It's been many years but there WW used to be some of the strongest and stinkiest weed you'll ever encounter around 03-05 somewhere around they I grew it.
Durch passion ww and bb now are bad..., isn't the same since 2008/2010 +-

QQNPK

Im doing DPs BB right now one out of 3 is suuuper sensitive to nutes and thats the one i have most faith in right now, hopefully i get some good phenos. Wont be able to report on it for a few months though but eventually i will.

OZZ_

Veteran
How the hell did I miss this thread before posting my own blueberry thread here recently? I guess I’m blind as a bat.

I’ve got packs of DJs BB F5 and moscas OTM on the way because I was gearing up to do exactly what Lester did in this thread, hunt for a perfect blueberry since I miss it from the 90’s like so many others. I remember the bud well, we got tons of it back then.

After reading through this entire thread I have one question.... where can I get a pack of the bluedigiberry then!?? This has to be added to my search and for sure it will be compared directly to DJs BB F5s.

Gorilla seeds looks like there out?

@verdantgreen are there any new releases coming soon?

Miraculous Meds

How the hell did I miss this thread before posting my own blueberry thread here recently? I guess I’m blind as a bat.

I’ve got packs of DJs BB F5 and moscas OTM on the way because I was gearing up to do exactly what Lester did in this thread, hunt for a perfect blueberry since I miss it from the 90’s like so many others. I remember the bud well, we got tons of it back then.

After reading through this entire thread I have one question.... where can I get a pack of the bluedigiberry then!?? This has to be added to my search and for sure it will be compared directly to DJs BB F5s.

Gorilla seeds looks like there out?

@verdantgreen are there any new releases coming soon?
Hi, you can pick up bdb from verdant green from here. Bdb is a hybrid made from dj's bb stock (dj male bb outcrossed, made by chilli berkster then shared n collabed with dank frank), then back crossed to dj's bb again through a dutch passion selection made by vg. Its a back cross to dj's gear imo. Its got some good bb flavor in there. I like that your trying the original bb to compare to the hybrids, so you will have an understanding of the contribution and how it plays its role. Outcrosses to djs bb seem to bring on extreme bb flavors. So id also highly recommend doing some outcrossing with a bb male yourself if your into it. But jd from second generation genetics (dj's son) and myself are making f1 hybrids with dj's blueberry f4 breeding male to get this type of work out to the public. They make great starting blocks for breeding and have that magic outcross blueberry potential. From my experiences, id recommended looking to the sour d x bb crosses for extreme bb flavor. So in that category, i believe bdb has some in it, as well as second generations short bread (lambs bread sour d x bbf4), sour goat ( lb sd x f13), and blue star seed co's (me) ecsd x bbf4, (not released yet), but im mentioning it cause its been tested and passes for the blueberry outrageous flavor, and fits the category were talking about.

Back to pure dj gear, the otm should be interesting. Dj and i are releasing very soon original otm x bbf4, probably calling it OTM 5.5. It is from 90s blueberry work, specifically offspring of blue moonshine. This line carries juicy fruit, blueberry and cherry dominant plants, along with purple kush phenos, from the selections Dj and I did. Also id recommend breeders choice mix 2 from dj (old world genetics), its a selection of new parents from early 90s blueberry stock. It carries that creamy, hashy, fruity, blueberry flavor i remember from then.

Miraculous Meds

ECSD x bbf4
picture.php

OTM 5.5
picture.php

Hi, you can pick up bdb from verdant green from here. Bdb is a hybrid made from dj's bb stock (dj male bb outcrossed, made by chilli berkster then shared n collabed with dank frank), then back crossed to dj's bb again through a dutch passion selection made by vg. Its a back cross to dj's gear imo. Its got some good bb flavor in there. I like that your trying the original bb to compare to the hybrids, so you will have an understanding of the contribution and how it plays its role. Outcrosses to djs bb seem to bring on extreme bb flavors. So id also highly recommend doing some outcrossing with a bb male yourself if your into it. But jd from second generation genetics (dj's son) and myself are making f1 hybrids with dj's blueberry f4 breeding male to get this type of work out to the public. They make great starting blocks for breeding and have that magic outcross blueberry potential. From my experiences, id recommended looking to the sour d x bb crosses for extreme bb flavor. So in that category, i believe bdb has some in it, as well as second generations short bread (lambs bread sour d x bbf4), sour goat ( lb sd x f13), and blue star seed co's (me) ecsd x bbf4, (not released yet), but im mentioning it cause its been tested and passes for the blueberry outrageous flavor, and fits the category were talking about.

Back to pure dj gear, the otm should be interesting. Dj and i are releasing very soon original otm x bbf4, probably calling it OTM 5.5. It is from 90s blueberry work, specifically offspring of blue moonshine. This line carries juicy fruit, blueberry and cherry dominant plants, along with purple kush phenos, from the selections Dj and I did. Also id recommend breeders choice mix 2 from dj (old world genetics), its a selection of new parents from early 90s blueberry stock. It carries that creamy, hashy, fruity, blueberry flavor i remember from then.

I've heard open pollinating a single pack to dig through the "f2's" of is the way to go towards finding ones grail.

Do you have any opinions on that method?

OZZ_

Veteran

Great info and thanks for chiming in! When is that OTM 5.5 going to be released? Any estimated release date yet? I’d be very interested in that one since it is purely from the BB lines.

Im extremely hesitant to consider any crosses at all, as for me the blueberry flavor and smell are not the number one priority. It’s the effect of the high that I remember so well. In fact, and I know others report differently, but I don’t remember the 90’s blueberry smelling like blueberry muffins at all ... I do remember the mottled blueish-purplish-silverish appearance of the herb and that insanely pleasant euphoric high.

I realize the BDB from VG is a hybrid but I believe it’s only 12.5% out crossed at this point, and with bogs gear at that.... so I’m willing to consider it, but when I say I’m after the 90’s blueberry I mean just that. I’m really after the 90’s blueberry in of course the BEST format I can find, but original non the less.

The OTM of course is the same line just a different pheno so I’m open to looking through those as well, especially the new release back crossed to DJs BB-131 male. Very exciting stuff! I’m considering a pack of the breeders mix #2 also I was eyeing those yesterday. What I would really love is a pack of the newberry, but unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere. I didn’t know about it until recently and now looks like it’s sold out. If anyone can put me onto one of those I’ll pick up a pack immediately

sorry to double post but I meant open pollinating a pure dj line to dig through to find the grail.

I know I'm just some nobody but I LOVED the old school blueberry I used to get. It was arguably my all time favorite strain. In my opinion the chase after the "blue" flavor is overlooking something critical to what gives blueberry that special effect based on my observations.

It seems people want to outcross blueberry to bring back the magic but they are in my opinion missing the point entirely and I'll tell you why I think that.

With all the blue crosses I tried the scent combined with the other parental plant in different ways. Either the "blue" crossed over or the floral did but the other critical scent component of blue berry was lost or perhaps replaced rather by the scent profile of the other plant and fundamentally changed the effect. That scent profile that doesn't cross over in the hybrids is 'white hard woods.'

In Sweet tooth and Blue dream I do not detect blue at all but I do detect the floral aspect of blueberry and the sweetness melding with the other plant. When the blue is lost, so do I think is missing from the effect that I can detect in hybrids where the blue crosses over. The thing is in both blue dream and Sweet tooth the other parental component of the hybrid closes off the 'white hard woods' so it no longer carries that 'spiritual opening the doors of perception' effect.

That's why whenever I see the blueberry hybrids offered I don't really have any interest other than the bluedigiberry but that is just based on anecdotal reports of other experiences which might differ from my own.

I'm of the opinion that to keep what makes blueberry special intact the other parental plant needs to compliment the scent component it replaces. Which is why I think the Bushy Old Grower strain is a poor choice for an outcross. While the blue may carry over and it adds resin potency and structure the scent doesn't meld well with 'white hard woods.' Which will probably mucky up the effect.

So to bring the full blueberry spectrum back and possibly better than it's ever been the parental plant in the initial outcross needs to have a complimentary scent profile to 'white hard woods' that accentuates it rather than replaces it.

just my 2 cents.

Miraculous Meds

Great info and thanks for chiming in! When is that OTM 5.5 going to be released? Any estimated release date yet? I’d be very interested in that one since it is purely from the BB lines.

Im extremely hesitant to consider any crosses at all, as for me the blueberry flavor and smell are not the number one priority. It’s the effect of the high that I remember so well. In fact, and I know others report differently, but I don’t remember the 90’s blueberry smelling like blueberry muffins at all ... I do remember the mottled blueish-purplish-silverish appearance of the herb and that insanely pleasant euphoric high.

I realize the BDB from VG is a hybrid but I believe it’s only 12.5% out crossed at this point, and with bogs gear at that.... so I’m willing to consider it, but when I say I’m after the 90’s blueberry I mean just that. I’m really after the 90’s blueberry in of course the BEST format I can find, but original non the less.

The OTM of course is the same line just a different pheno so I’m open to looking through those as well, especially the new release back crossed to DJs BB-131 male. Very exciting stuff! I’m considering a pack of the breeders mix #2 also I was eyeing those yesterday. What I would really love is a pack of the newberry, but unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere. I didn’t know about it until recently and now looks like it’s sold out. If anyone can put me onto one of those I’ll pick up a pack immediately

OTM rough estimate release around a month or 2, maybe less.
Newberry, check jds ig second generation genetics and the seed banks they go thru, also dj's old world genetics. Sorry i dont keep up with the seed bank names yet. I did cross the newberry mother to a otm male, starting rnd in a month on that one. Dont sleep on that first light or bcm1 either, they both have the happy pussy mother in them. In fact i think all the bcm gear is from the 90s seed lots. That new f13 release may be up your alley, thats from original f13 stock, multi females were used to keep diversity. Honestly though, i think with your description you would be happy with original bb, which hasnt changed parent plants since 98.

sorry to double post but I meant open pollinating a pure dj line to dig through to find the grail.
Most are f5 already, so the advantage to making f6, or f2 if you choose to start with one of our f1 hybrids to the bb male, is that its cheap to keep hunting thru the genetics with your initial 100 to $200 purchase.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I've heard open pollinating a single pack to dig through the ''f2's'' of is the way to go towards finding ones grail.

Do you have any opinions on that method?

Did not work for me, and it sounds like an excuse for expensive, unimpressive packs. Which mine totally was. Unexceptional in every way, with a bland lavender smell of linalool. Some crosses too. Grandkids are often interesting somehow, but were not. Did not try selfing.

I have an alleged C99xBB from G13 at day 80 of perhaps 84 and it has that same lavender floor, but more chemical otherwise. A single Dinafem BBxWW went 65 days and was basically an inferior Sour Bubble, and any BB that may be there is overpowered by the sour. These will be dry sifted and extracted.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Wanted to point out and correct the above information, just for record sake, no other reason.

Digital Berry is NOT known to be from DJ Short stock - or exactly what the plant even really is. It's an old clone - that smokes like a thai, flowers early, stresses easily, and has an amazing blueberry terp profile.

It was outcrossed to Sour Bubble Bx2 via Chili_Berkster. Then a male was used to backcross. That Bx1 line - is what I sorted and shared pollen with VG from. Just to be clear.

I do not think of Digi as being a part of the larger body of DJ's work. I could be wrong, but I personally don't think it's related.

dank.Frank

smile

Where to find seeds?

Where to find seeds?

Where can we get seeds?

Checked Seedbay and don't see Blue Digiberry listed anymore.

Is there any other way to get seeds?

Grew lots of Blueberry back in the late 1990's early 2000's. Would love to get a nice Blueberry plant back in the garden again!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts