What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the bio-droid training facility... green dragon experiments.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
^^^^I would be interested in that too. Isn't bhang made from milk? I'm gonna attempt to make some green dragon again soon, lots of good ideas in this thread,excellent thread BTW

DrCBD

Is the solubility of THC in standard vodka (ca. 40%) sufficient when heated to be done in about 5-10 minutes? Has anyone tried this, or should I just attempt to get some Everclear?

DrCBD

Is the solubility of THC in standard vodka (ca. 40%) sufficient when heated to be done in about 5-10 minutes? Has anyone tried this, or should I just attempt to get some Everclear?
As in everything, "Do It Yourself, Stupid", was the advice to follow. It works very well after boiling the mixture for 10 minutes.

Piel

Veteran
New batch. Baked longer than usual, the weed was a bit gold colored. I reduced from 750 to about 200ml and man is this stuff strong -but no anxiety, very heavy high. Coutchlock here I come.

smTm8q

I have made this also.

~20g of dried and lightly frosted trim was baked at 163°C (325°F) for 7 minutes. Later, it was added to 300ml of 95% ethanol in a jar, brought to a boil and held for 20 minutes. After being screened, the leaf was washed with another 100ml of ethanol, and screened again. Then it was reduced to 150ml in a hot water bath, placed in amber dropper bottles, and stored in the freezer.

At all times I tried to keep the tincture covered, as ethanol is very thirsty (at this concentration especially), and moisture could alter the qualities somewhat. It isn't as potent as most other reports, perhaps half that. 5cc taken sublingually last night made me feel kind of heavy. My interest in tinctures deepens with every cough. I broke my sternum a couple years back and now it finally hurts. And I can't find the 1 hit wonder (I just moved to Colorado) so the cough is hard to get around. Ooh yea, I squirted 5cc of this tincture into a bowl of flowers this morning. It stayed light and sizzled. Reminds me of the Simpsons' "Flaming Homer".

I've done it myself, and apparently many others have survived as well, but this method should not be considered "safe" IMHO. Safer than butane, surely. But boiling away solvents indoors, particularly a larger batch, is not recommended. Depending on your setup, it may be that the steam from the water bath reduces the concentration of the ethanol too far below it's LEL to be of significant threat. But I would recommend doing it in the shed when possible. Or draw a vacuum on it and reclaim it. It would be interesting to cure herbs under a vacuum as well.

Suppose one had about 7 ziplocks worth of unfrosted bone dry trim, what would be a less expensive way of extraction? If it is worthwhile? I can't see a liter of everclear being used to get half a shot glass of tincture. Or having a tub of butter to make 2 brownies. Any thoughts?

Here are some pictures. At the end, I poured my beer into the pyrex to wash it out.

Last edited:

Philanthropist

smTm8q- Dragon has been the most efficient, quickest, easiest way that i have found to deal with xtra. 1 hr start to finish and the batch is done. the high is closer to inhaling than eating baked goods i feel. The need to vape/smoke is greatly reduced for me, whereas baked goods i still want the regular high.

Grievous and Piel- how are you guys doin, on wednesday I'm gonna make my first batch since i got that job(stupid), now im back doing what i was doing before but for a different company.
I'm gonna go with 2-1 ratio greens(gms)-everclear(fl oz) then reduce by half. See you on the otherside.

Piel

Veteran
Hi MrP,
I´ve been on an extended leave travelling, luckily to a place where ganja is almost legal ;)

MisterX

Awesome thread :tiphat: cant wait to have a chance trying some out,
have to find some almost pure alcohol first though, thanks for sharing!

GeneralGrievous, what do you think about making GD with 40-60% alcohols?
wouldnt feel too good about having to reduce to 50% of not too cheap drinks,
anyone having experiences please chime in, as all info is appretiated :biggrin:

keeping it green, MisterX

Piel

Veteran
This isn´t green dragon but it´s still worth sharing: Boil water, add about a big joint´s worth of bud, boil for 10min and then add whole milk or cream and let simmer about 20min. After that let it sit in a thermos for an hour or two then strain, add cocoa and of you are.
This lasts me 2-3 days and my tolerance is high so be careful.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
This isn´t green dragon but it´s still worth sharing: Boil water, add about a big joint´s worth of bud, boil for 10min and then add whole milk or cream and let simmer about 20min. After that let it sit in a thermos for an hour or two then strain, add cocoa and of you are.
This lasts me 2-3 days and my tolerance is high so be careful.

Are you decarboxylating the bud before you boil it? Boiling water doesn't get hot enough for 30 minutes to fully decarboxylate the THC alcohols into THC.

If you aren't decarboxylating, baking your herb for about 27 minutes at 252 F before you boil it should give you a massive kick in the pants.

Piel

Veteran
Are you decarboxylating the bud before you boil it? Boiling water doesn't get hot enough for 30 minutes to fully decarboxylate the THC alcohols into THC.

If you aren't decarboxylating, baking your herb for about 27 minutes at 252 F before you boil it should give you a massive kick in the pants.

Hi,
I decarb all my weed when making medibles, forgot to write it out. The boiling in water might not be neccesary but an old stoner taught me a) it softens the weed and makes the fat more accessable b) it doesn´t boil over as easily.

Sure as hell works:woohoo:

M

Merrywanna

I got a question here.
I have decarbed the weed for 27 minutes at 252f like Anti says and also tried 5 minutes at 325f like GG says in his original post. Why is my green dragon mud puddle dragon? Instead of being green its mud puddle brown every time.
MW

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I got a question here.
I have decarbed the weed for 27 minutes at 252f like Anti says and also tried 5 minutes at 325f like GG says in his original post. Why is my green dragon mud puddle dragon? Instead of being green its mud puddle brown every time.
MW

Describe more of your process. I'll give you what i've been doing lately.

When I use trim, I use about one ounce per tincture. I just cram as much as I can easily fit into a mason jar. One bottle of 750ml everclear will be enough to saturate the whole jar.

If I use top shelf buds, a half ounce is more than capable of doing the job the ounce of trim does.

Step 1: Break up trim/weed. Not down to powder, but just break it up by hand into little bits.

Step 2: Decarb for 27 min @ 252F in the oven. I basically make a "pillow" out of two pieces of aluminum foil with the herb inside.

Step 3: Put the decarbed material in a mason jar and put the mason jar and the everclear in the freezer overnight (or at least 6 hours or so.)

Step 4: Once everything is frozen (everclear won't freeze) pour everclear into mason jar with weed. Make sure you completely cover the material in the jar by half an inch or an inch.

Step 5: Shake well for a few seconds then put the jar back in the freezer.

Step 6: Wait 1 minute. Open freezer, shake jar for a few seconds, then put back in freezer. Repeat step 6 a total of three times. (Three minutes from pouring everclear to finish.)

Step 7: Get another mason jar. Put a sieve on that jar and pour the contents of the other jar through the sieve. Get as much of the alcohol out as possible without pushing too much material through the sieve.

Step 8: Put a coffee filter on the jar and put the ring (minus the cap) back on the jar to hold the coffee filter in place.

Step 9: Filter the contents of the jar through the coffee filter and back into the everclear bottle (or whatever container you want to use.)

You're done!

OR...

You could allow some of the everclear to evaporate off which will make your final brew more concentrated.

The longer you allow the material to soak in the alcohol, the more the alcohol will strip chlorophyll and other non-cannabinoids into your tincture and the darker it will be.

Doing it the way I have just described will taste better and you won't get nasty "green weed" burps.

Doing my steps above ends up with something that looks a bit like tequila or moonshine. An uncloudy amber mix.

One shot is enough to get me drunk for an hour or so and then by the time the drunkeness wears off, I am starting to feel the buzz.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, let me know.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I just drank 1 shot of DG

I just drank 1 shot of DG

:blowbubbles:

I just drank an ounce of my green Dragon speaking into my iPad and around an hour ago and I'm really feeling it,

This GD was made with 2 ounces of popcorn buds and shake from Pre-98 Bubba in 1/5 of 151. :tiphat:

This is getting a little difficult for me so I'm going to send the post

Piel

Veteran
The stuff I made last time around, using 80% vodka, gives a nice buzz at 1ml (reduced from 500ml to about 200ml).

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Piel.. still drinking dragon I see

I'm currently doing 100 gram a grade trim/b grade bud extractions ..reducing to 14 ounces .. dose: 1 quarter ounce of extracted herb per 1 ounce bottle of tincture ..1ml dropper=½ gram extracted herb.
I've spent the last year running a medical cannabis production facility. It's a double overtime kinda job but I love it ..the patient testimonials we get from patients taking dragon are staggering.. It's extremely medicinal for what I would consider medium medicating patients.

I've added a frozen filtration to my process which really cleans the finished product up to a crystal clear sparkling emerald green..

btw.. This is the first time I've posted anywhere in probably 8 months.. life must be getting easier..

:woohoo:

Piel

Veteran
GG: Yaeh I´m still "chasing the dragon" :) ! I´ve also been making butter and the cookies are pretty awesome too -combined they are too awesome. Happy Easter!