What's new

The Berlin Wall: Part II

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope they pick up mate - they're taking their time certainly! Ever consider seeds? :wave:

Germanator

Sammet - I've used seeds in the past. Just trying to get my mother stock stable and get a quicker turn around. With seeds I'd have to devote more space in my cab, and in the end once this whole thing is running smoothly I think it will increase the number of crops I'm getting each year.

Germ

Germanator

This afternoon I had a nice trip in my backyard with a couple friends, and when they had gone I started working. I came to the realization that this round has been taking entirely too long to put into motion. The whole point to keeping these mothers was quick turn around and saving money... both of which have not come to fruition.

So I took all the cuts I could...

And cut back my 2 mothers to almost nothing...

The plan now is to root all these cuts. In a couple weeks once the mothers have recovered, I will throw them in the "white house" as a test run.

Meanwhile I'll pick up as many clones at a local club to fill the room with the 5 rooted cuts ...

I'll finish the clone cab and move the humidity dome out of the room and hopefully be flowering in less than a month inside, with the two mothers also providing a test run outside and giving some Spring outdoor bud.

This thing took a turn for the best today... Be easy all

Germ
:joint:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Yeah lower temps and rooting don't mix. What kind of turn around are you looking for? Back when i did a perpetual grow i was doing a harvest every 30 days, but all it takes is a few hiccups to screw the flow of things up.

Germanator

With the space I have available right now I'd be happy with taking cuts once every month and just filling up my cab with vegging clones until each flower session is done. I don't want to run a true sea of green because I'm legit under state guidelines at the moment... so each round will have to veg for 3 weeks before flower.

So looking at hopefully a harvest every 3 months or so. Maybe I'l eventually build another veg cab and cut down on veg time getting another harvest per year... but I have enough on my plate this summer with my outdoor so that will have to wait.

Germ

Germanator

Got a couple new things going on.

5 of the OG X Bubba Kushs made it and are doing real well. About 8 of last round's blueberry cuts are still alive but might get culled with the genetics I'm picking up this weekend coming.

As of now this round is looking like

-7 Lavender Kush
-5 OG X Bubba
-12 more of whatever I get this weekend

Veg for 2-3 wks and flip em.

The two former mothers are recovering well and are going out this weekend for the outdoor Spring test run. Be good to get a run of Spring growing in the white house before I run it full this summer.

Be easy all

Germ :joint:

Last edited:

HookaHittaH

Germanator - Nice grow hope your clones start to take off. I like the wall idea, ultra stealth style. Keep up the good work man.

Germanator

The strongest Bubba X OG Kush cuts went outside. I think there are 5-6 weaker ones still inside, but they are doing well...just not well enough to merit being put outside, so in for this run they stay. My total # is 26, but one of them doesn't look as good as the rest so I'll call it 25. If one can't keep up with the developing canopy it will get culled, rather have a full canopy than more plants.

Went to a club and picked up a number of cuts... this run is going to be great for me because there is one plant I'm growing that I've never even smoked, Lion Piss.

The stains are as follows in varying numbers;

Pure Kush
OG Kush
Purple Bubba Kush
Blackberry Bubba Kush
Lemon Kush
Black Dominia
Lion Piss ( I assume is a catchy name variation of "Cat Piss" a pheno of SSH? Fill me in if anyone knows)
Also there are Lavender Kush from a week ago.
And maybe 2 OG X Bubba

Should be interesting once the room is full.

Be easy,
Germ

Y

YwouldntI

wassup fam you did a real assault on the mamas;)it'll be doing the go off soon bro peace.

Germanator

Canopy is starting to develop. One Og Kush's roots are not showing, which is a let down. Also, One of the Black Dominia plants is showing some mutant characteristics. Don't know if I want to keep it in, but it continues to grow quickly.

... now the big photos come. :joint:

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude,
holy shit!
props on your room.
way hidden.
you even did base trim. lol
pretty handy holmes!
deutschland for life!

Germanator

Thanks Frank. The base trim! haha, that was the last step in completing the exterior build and I can remember having a beer as I was putting it on... a good memory.

These CFLs are going into the cab in a week or so. One of the 600s will be turned on until the whole room has filled up and then I'll transplant into the final blooming containers.

Always one runt^ This one is a Bubba X OG I think?

Pure Kush looking good.

Here is the single triple bladed Black dominia plant. It was shooting out single bladed leaves when I first picked it up... its the only one in the garden so I'll keep it just out of curiosity.

Be easy all,
Germ

Germanator

Much thanks Digital, can't wait to see your construction ideas. I still think you should start a build journal, or at least show it in your next thread... I wish I had done the same.

Y

YwouldntI

nice germ,ihave a couple bd mamas too and one of them throws 3 and 1 finger blades too.i'll snap a pic next time and show ya bro.keep the bd she's a powerful smoke bro.definetlt a strain to hold on to.peace-Y-

Germanator

Y - I used to see the 3 finger blades more when I was popping seeds... was under the impression that mutant traits like that were unfavorable, but judging by its quick growth up until now I can't see the BD being anything but a BIG yielder. I've only smoked it in Amsterdam, and as anyone knows that is not generally a good judge of any bud's potential... so I am curious to see what i can get out of it.

Digital - I read a post of yours saying you have lost your job and are searching for income. Real sorry to hear that bro. I was looking to change jobs a few months ago, but with the economic conditions we are facing... and will continue to face in the future, I am having to stay put. My only suggestion would be to find something part time (which is always easier to find than full) and downsize your build aspirations until your finances are where you want them.

Hope to see your grow back up in the near future.

The garden is looking nice. The canopy is filling out, been pulling down the tops and such... been feeding them lightly and frequently in a power feed type of schedule. Not mentioned before but they are on a 24 hour schedule now. Once the 600 is turned on (in a week), I'll drop it down to 18 hours... canopy fills the light cover and its flower time.

Be easy all,
Germ

Blazindown

just skipped through your thread real quikly your plants look excellent and very healthy and your hidden room is defiantly one of the best ideas iv seen.

bookmarked this thread so i can read through it in the morning much to tired tonight

Y

YwouldntI

germ-great pics yo,i can promise you if you have a decent bd strain you'll be more than happy with the yield and the buzz is incredible this lady is one of my favorite smokes hands down.she'll be with me for the long haul.gl with ur strain bro peace