What's new

The Berlin Wall: Part II

93|93

hi germanator!
pretty nice setup...this secret room absolutely rocks.
I once had a "secret room" in a former flat. I just put a big closet before it's door, which was the only way into the room. worked well.
but a real new "room into room" is the better solution.
I'm going to change my room soon in january. this one here now is the inspiration I needed... :yes:

keep it up! respect n greetings from the 'fishheads' :joint:

edit: would be nice if you could post a pic which shows the entrance to the room. I still didn't got how you exactly enter the room? :chin:

Last edited:

Germanator

Still can't upload any new pictures so here are some older ones to explain the entrance. There is simply a piece of drywall with foam on the opposite side (you can see it is not painted in earlier posts). On the opposite side of the drywall piece there is polyshield tarp with a zipper cut into it...thats it you just move the couch,move the drywall piece and unzip.

You can see the zipper in blue on the bottom.^^^

Better idea^

Old couch blocking the drywall piece...

Couch moved...

Other side of the Berlin Wall...

Germ
:joint:

C

crownedsparrow

dude thats ****in badass. much props to your setup man that had to take some serious time. So you dont own your property? are you just gonna rip it out when your lease expires?

Germanator

crownedsparrow - No I don't own the property. I know the owner, and while he is not aware of the grow I don't think eviction would be an issue. He is a smart, successful guy who respects me and I don't think it would amount to much more than a conversation. I will take it down when I move...when I move it will be to my own property, and that wall will be a piece of work!

Germ

Y

YwouldntI

yea blaz's wall is definetly on another level that is my next step cause i do own my spot check out this site
http://www.hideadoor.com/
they have some cool stuff plus if your good with tools alot of good d i y ideas peace
germ again love that setup.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey germ, the photo upload works now man. Maybe you should get one of those hidden doors for your next wall - save you having to crawl through that little vent :)

Germanator

I like that link...a door is a must. When I started building I was hung up on what to do about an entrance. The room wouldn't look normal with anything but a couch in the middle of the wall. Couch was easy to move, where as my bookcase was heavy...so crawl space it was. But, with a bigger better wall a door is a must.

*I'm no midget either, it is a task getting in there after a couple hits

Germ

Germanator

AHAH Picture upload is working...some pictures from last week

2 mammas under some shop lights CFL

Room's exhaust (carbon filter) suspended by bungee cords. Decided to suspend them to lower the vibrations...which could be heard when mounted.

Digi ballasts...so quiet...so nice

I swear there is a reason for the chaos

A little CO2 never hurt...it sits above the fan...CO2 drops into the fan and spreads around the room nicely.

entrance

Stay safe
Germ
:joint:

krepis

Pure genius. I remember your last thread, very inspiring. :yes: What kind of duct silencer do you use? Is the setup completely silent?

Germanator

Its a no name brand piece of equipment. You can find it at discounthydro.com Here is the description...it does make a noticable difference on fan noise. My turbine that cools the hoods is a real beast and without the silencer it wouldn't be too stealth.

"Use our Duct Muffler to reduce noise heard from your ventilation system. It is available in 6", 8" 10" and 12" duct diameter. They do not restrict airflow through your ductwork. It is maintenance free and easy to install. It will reduce your perceived noise by about 15 decibels."

Its not completely silent, you can still hear the air moving...but it sounds more like central air than a grow room. Thanks for the kind words, hopefully we will see some more walls in the future.

Germ

WaywardBob

hey man thats a great set up you got going on, is that wall just styrofoam on tracks with drywall nailed to it?? awesome awesome grow man!

i hang out at canna.com under a different name, but some security issues came up so ill be hangin out around this grow forum :)

take care bro

Last edited:

Germanator

Have no photots of the thing being built but it is a proper wall. Not built to spec. but it is insulated and built well. Styrofoam is there to act as a sound barrier and doubles by keeping the insulation out of sight from the inside.

Going to take cuts sometime next week. I'll be transplanting the mammas into new soil. I've had it with this shit soil! Tired of screwing with the PH every other day, so I'll get them in FFOF and wait a few days....then take cuts. I'll put pics of that up when they come...

Best of luck in your gardens

Germ

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmm I've been thinking of getting one of those silencer things, I just upgraded to a 6" fan and it's pretty loud (even though my grow is in the basement!!)

TC84

I love the false wall!! I remember seeing ur threads on OG......Love the stealthness to it.....

Germanator

Got the mammas in some new soil and out of the shite they were sitting in for the past month. Added some lime, and a little super thrive for good measure. Things will be looking up with them back in good soil and as soon as they start looking better I will take cuts.

...for good measure
:rasta:

Mixing up the goodness

God they look like crap! this is for before and after purposes. I'll post in a week and show the improvement.
:fsu:

Germ

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your silencer inspired me to build me own! It does reduce the air flow, but I have excess to spare ;)

Some acoustic ducting and layers of mesh all sealed with duct tape :D

I like the Germany kit by the way, is that last years world cup one? - I hope they hire Klinsmann for the England job instead of Capello!

Last edited:

Germanator

Yes that is the World Cup kit, I play with a group of Italis out here and they always give me shit about it. You really can't count Kinsmann out for any job at this point...except for the US who spat in his face at his demands (got to be the dumbest move in US sport history). To tell you the truth I don't know if he would want the spotlight of the job in England. He seems to not like the attention of being a coach, just the rush of coaching. But, anything is possible and I would love to see him on the field in any capacity.

Hey if it works, right? The more I think about it, I could build haalf the equipment in my room. If you want to design one that doesn't restict airflow too much make the inside cylinder uniform with your ducting and pack the acoustic material surrounding the cylinder. Kind of how toilet paper does not affect the shape of the roll.

Germ

Last edited:

Wicked

so far, ive only been able to dream of a stealthy cabinet, but a whole wall/room would be heavenly.

canpow

Hi

You grow room ROCKSSSS!!!! Very very nice indeed!!!!
I hope next eurocup is for Portugal! :D We should put the ****ing Scolari out of the National Team and put our Portuguese coach Mourinho, but it's to soon for Mourinho....

Keep up the good work in that grow, and keep us updated with pics!