What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Angler thread 🎣

OleReynard

Limit o crappies and a beautiful male bluegill

Attachments

• 2074.jpeg
    2074.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 268.jpeg
    268.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 32

armedoldhippy

Veteran
went on first trip today. river was low and STILL dropping, a bad sign for fishing. well, if CATCHING a fish was the goal it is. caught nothing, got hung several times, threw a couple of wind knots in my leader, was almost washed downstream twice, and fell/busted my ass on some greasy @#$%^ rocks. but other than those minor flaws, i had a ball. weather was beautiful, river was deserted, blue sky and puffy white clouds, gorgeous! had geese and great blue herons on the gravel bars with me, mallards buzzing around, a kestrel came by, and the osprey pair that nest on the old bridge pilings were soaring around screaming. sat on a rock and burned one and relaxed like i haven't for years...:cool:.

buzzmobile

Veteran
went on first trip today. river was low and STILL dropping, a bad sign for fishing. well, if CATCHING a fish was the goal it is. caught nothing, got hung several times, threw a couple of wind knots in my leader, was almost washed downstream twice, and fell/busted my ass on some greasy @#$%^ rocks. but other than those minor flaws, i had a ball. weather was beautiful, river was deserted, blue sky and puffy white clouds, gorgeous! had geese and great blue herons on the gravel bars with me, mallards buzzing around, a kestrel came by, and the osprey pair that nest on the old bridge pilings were soaring around screaming. sat on a rock and burned one and relaxed like i haven't for years...:cool:.
That's a good fishing trip.
I must get to the Coast before the end of April. Surf fishing is calling.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's a good fishing trip.
I must get to the Coast before the end of April. Surf fishing is calling.
i'm going to Hatteras this fall if i have to miss deer season. it's been eons since i last went, and i need to hear the wind, the waves, and the gulls screaming again...:bow::good:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Glad you had a good time fishing. Here in Boston there's tons of places to set a line if you like saltwater fishing. Could catch a cod.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Glad you had a good time fishing. Here in Boston there's tons of places to set a line if you like saltwater fishing. Could catch a cod.
rather stand in the surf and throw big spoons toward Europe for big bluefish or red drum, but i appreciate the thought. :bow: :good:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes, you do.
:D
i'd like to get in a whole week, but...gonna have to go when my wifes fall break hits, so she'll want to sightsee some...and shop, of course. :whistling: she's a history buff, and will prob want to go up to Colonial Williamsburg. that will eat a couple of days... :confused:maybe i could con her into asking a friend of hers to come along so she had someone to ride around with so i could fish...:sneaky:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
" too bad to work, but fine for fishing. " anyone here go along with this ? i left work yesterday (outside job) because of the inclement weather. i'm not standing out in the rain using saws and other implements of destruction, so i went and stood on the river bank for an hour or so in that very same weather trying to catch a walleye or two for supper. sometimes, you gotta just go fishing... :)

Latest posts

Latest posts