What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Angler thread šŸŽ£

OleReynard

they do slot limits like you follow on bass in many waters here. keep a few little ones, and one big one, but none of the more prolific spawner size fish. game and fish folks here tell us that largemouth and smallmouth bass between 14 and 18 inches in length are the most successful spawners. this varies from lake to lake to a degree. the Dakotas are a bit much of a drive for me to fish, lol. maybe try someday do a combo trip "cast & blast" for zander, yellow perch, quail, pheasants, Hungarian partridge etc. maybe mule deer too...
Where you about, Hippy?

OleReynard

A few swamp donkeys. One on the left personal best 23" 6lbs8oz
That's a monster where I'm from, Mn

Attachments

• 11128.jpeg
    11128.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 11699.jpeg
    11699.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 19

armedoldhippy

Veteran
pretty bass! i haven't kept and eaten a bass of any variety in over 15 years. probably should start back though, the spotted bass are beginning to out-breed/compete with the smallmouth, to the detriment of the fishery. tournament fishermen hate them. they're normally too short to be kept in a tournament despite out-weighing a largemouth the same length.

Latest posts

Latest posts