What's new

The Ace Pic Place

deepwaterdude

Always something cookin'

Always something cookin'

DWD Now i mentioned Alaska and Beautiful Cali i share the same coastline but im somewhere in between on the Salish Sea:) to bad man has to draw imaginary borders.i appreciate your your wit and artistry and kind words! But i would like to know where your posting pics of your garden this yr as it always a pleasure to see how your creative grows are doing Amigo .. BTW Stickler nice Banghi s

Hey, Buddler, I was pretty sure I missed a factoid or two in that post;) Beauteous spot nonetheless.

SO, yep, I'm just startin out- these should make everyone else feel a lot better;o)

Got a couple of A5 x malawis just repotted in 7gal amended coco/peat mix after a couple of weeks in seedling mix with no food. These babes'll come in to flower when temps cool a bit... in say 2022. Africa hot this week.
The future outdoor chair scrogs are Zamaldelica and Orient Express fems, for the ZAm of it:biggrin: They're in dubi's 30% coco and Happy frog 70%. Everybody's got some handfuls of garden and mushroom compost.
As far as timing, I'm right on target, can hardly move for all the haze from last grow and these won't flower until mid-late august anywaze. Here are my tiny bomblets. dwd

Attachments

• A5 x malawi day after repot in peat:coco.jpg
    A5 x malawi day after repot in peat:coco.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 11
  • First rays in new shoes.jpg
    First rays in new shoes.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 13
  • Zam and OE 2 days after repot.jpg
    Zam and OE 2 days after repot.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Little fat Zamaldelica fem.jpg
    Little fat Zamaldelica fem.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 15
  • Little skinny OE.jpg
    Little skinny OE.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
DWD Nice start on those im noticing that all the MA5 s ive seen are very uniform may be not much variance in phenos so far..big pots big plants is that a water only mix they are in? Those african genes seem to love the heat as mine are starting to thrive thanks to the heat wave.And the chair scrog is back with the OE nice and z zam ! another one i need to try..may the sun gods be wit ya..:tiphat:

Sticky Sat

Hey brothers ! Looking beautiful and very promising Deepwaterdude and Buddler ! :)

We've been having a terrible weather for 2 weeks now and i'm sorry i had to cut my flowering BHs at least 2 weeks too early. After the relentless bugs attacks the mold was starting to take over the 2 poor girls, and i didn't want it to spread to the other plants.

I won't post pics of the damage as it's not something you want to keep in your mind...

I still have BH clones though so all hope isn't lost that i finally get to sample its ripe buds, providing the weather allows it... ;)

Can't believe how fast conditions have changed here... It's a totally new tropical life we have to adapt to... Not always easy but might as well take it as a challenge and make cookies with what doesn't meet the expectations... ;)

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

You've got it right brother ! And let's not forget : more cookies too ! ;)

To have at least an idea of what would the ripe buds be like, i sampled a salvaged nug and had the good surprise to find the high and the taste a lot more pleasurable than i expected, considering the state the plants were in, the fact that they should have gone 2 weeks longer and that the drying process has been hurried up to avoid the mold spreading...

BH 2 salvaged nug. Plants were a little over 5 weeks in flo. Pic doesn't make it justice, which is often the case when i'm the photograph... ;)
attachment.php

Sucks that the weather changes make it almost impossible to properly finish originally tropical strains in the tropics but the only way to constructively deal with this is to keep breeding the most interesting genetics with the strains that resist the best in our environment :)_

Buddler

Veteran
You've got it right brother ! And let's not forget : more cookies too ! ;)

To have at least an idea of what would the ripe buds be like, i sampled a salvaged nug and had the good surprise to find the high and the taste a lot more pleasurable than i expected, considering the state the plants were in, the fact that they should have gone 2 weeks longer and that the drying process has been hurried up to avoid the mold spreading...

BH 2 salvaged nug. Plants were a little over 5 weeks in flo. Pic doesn't make it justice, which is often the case when i'm the photograph... ;)
View Image

Sucks that the weather changes make it almost impossible to properly finish originally tropical strains in the tropics but the only way to constructively deal with this is to keep breeding the most interesting genetics with the strains that resist the best in our environment :)_

Thats a nice smokable nug there .why not try some thai strains they seem to handle monsoons and high humidity. maybe the golden tiger might survive..its not like it gets cold there does it just wet and hot ? Im sure the boys at ace could recommend a strain for you .Do you have a wet season winter there or is it the same yr round ? :chin:

Buddler

Veteran
Speaking of the golden thai heres a lil foursome starting out they are from 2015 accidental seed run like most of my seed runs ..i love the GT still got a stash from last yr in vacuum bags euphoric smoke.. These ones were more malawi dom. Massive yields:) DSC_2048.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_2047.jpg
    DSC_2047.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 9

Sticky Sat

Nice healthy sprouts and beautiful flowers brother ! :) Aren't these a kind of Lys ?

It never gets cold here and i actually have GTs waiting in the freezer for that very purpose... :)

After exchanging lots of mails with Luis at Ace (he's all along been an incredibly nice and patient brother...), we came to the conclusion that the BH would be the perfect strain to BX the O, which was my main goal to begin with. The cross should indeed keep both strains clear energetic high without prolonging the flowering time too much and the O will hopefully give it its great mold resistance.

I first have to somewhat lower the number of plants though... They're everywhere...
To achieve that, i put a dozen Bangos seeds in the water yesterday... Just couldn't help it... ;)

We'll soon enough see how the first 2 Bangos will fare.

They're 30 days from germination and have been on 11/13 since day 25.

Slim pheno
attachment.php

Fat pheno
attachment.php

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Nice Sticky i like to see how the GT survives thrives there Get em going :biggrin: Well i had to get another dep chamber in action the panamas are stretching and getting big lol tough problem to have i can only get 4 in there now 2nd week of 12 12..the things we do for these plants i wonder sometimes they get more attention than the Misses no wonder shes jealous:bigeye:

Sticky Sat

Thanks Buddler ! The GTs are indeed in the plans..:)
Actually, pretty much any strain would thrive here during veg. It's during flowering that pests attack as we can't spray anything anymore on the buds... The longer the flowering time, the less chances you have to get properly finished buds... That's why i just love my O. She's totally sat dominant in look and high and can be done in less than 45 days during the shortest season, that is right now. She wasn't this fast to begin with but i think her adaptation to TMV may have led to that incredible earliness...

O, day 27. Granted morning sun is always flattering but she's a cutie... ;)
attachment.php

I'm ashamed to say you're totally right about the things we do for our girls... :)
I'm spending my whole time on it and hardly ever go to birthdays, Christmas dinners and so on anymore... Wouldn't even feel any remorse about it if my wife wasn't such an angel...
When i think about most of my friends wives though, there's fat chances they find more satisfactions being with their plants ... ;)

Attachments

• O day 30.jpg
    O day 30.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sticky Sat

Hello my friends ! :)

This morning i took a good bong bowl to sample the slim Bangi Haze pheno and, like for the fat one, it was a very pleasant experience... ;)

Despite the differences between the 2 phenos, the type of high is quite similar: very clear, uplifting/energizing with slight euphoria and a glowing love feeling.

The taste isn't as pronounced as the fat pheno's. It could be because this trait expresses itself towards the full ripeness for the slim one.
The high lasted about 2 hours and the landing was a bit heavier but don't forget these poor girls took 3 weeks of very bad weather prior to being cut just before week 6 of flo, and that the drying has been sped up to avoid mold spreading.

There's no doubt that in more favorable conditions both phenos would have performed much better. That's why this isn't a real smoke report but just the sharing of my first impressions.

To be honest though, when i look at the nugs i think highly possible that several factors could hasten the ripeness at our latitude in this season...

BH slim pheno early buds with a lost seed from the bottom branches light pollination... :)
attachment.php

Slim pheno bud left, fat one right. Sorry for the blurriness...
attachment.php

I'm not totally sure it would have been beneficial to let the plants go 2 more weeks. With a better weather, one more would have been perfect for the kind of high i'm looking for.

The next BH batch. Hopefully, these girls will have more luck with the weather... ;-)
attachment.php

While enjoying the high taking me over this morning, i couldn't help feeling surges of gratitude for our friends at Ace. Many thanks again to them for allowing us to discover these gems :)

Last edited:

Sticky Sat

Hey Koondense ! :)

They were beauties from the start but they sure look better and better...! ;)
Love this Panalawi pheno... :)

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Koon dense very nice plants the pan mal is a frosty girl what a excellent cross as the the other but wow beautlicious ! thanks for sharing bud ,,:tiphat:

Buddler

Veteran
Still waitng to see your GT SEEDLINGS Sticky.:)Heres a few of my panamas little over 2 weeks in and some ma5s big enough to get some cuts soon..

Attachments

• DSC_2078.jpg
    DSC_2078.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_2074.jpg
    DSC_2074.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_2073.jpg
    DSC_2073.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_2075.jpg
    DSC_2075.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_2077.jpg
    DSC_2077.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_2076.jpg
    DSC_2076.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 8

Sticky Sat

Hey Buddler ! :)

Your girls are absolutely beautiful bro ! Perfectly healthy and cared for ! I foresee a killer harvest...! ;)

You just have no idea how difficult it is for me to resist germinating the GT seeds, believe me my friend...!
Thing is i have much more plants than is reasonable at the moment, because of a freezer accident... I lost hundreds of seeds and had to reproduce the strains i could. An emergency i wasn't expecting at all but some seeds go back to 95 and it would be sad to lose them now. As much as i'd love to see and sample the GT after having dreamed so long of her, the seeds are perfectly safe in another place so there's not the same urgency... Then there's the white seeds from the BHs and the Bangos (BH x O) that were thrown away and sprouted... How could i be so heartless as to not give them the best chances... Plants are just everywhere man ! I'm so lucky my wife is such a comprehensive angel... :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts