What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 920...

Missed Pics...

Missed Pics...

The 919...

picture.php

Good to go?

Good to go?

So... I believe I have replaced all the pics that were not loaded correctly. Hopefully some more people will comment now...

I got an order from a friend for 25 clones. I have 8 already from last Saturday and I will take the rest tomorrow. Then Sunday I will take all the POG out to their final home.

clones...

clones...

I had a very busy weekend. Not only did I have a bunch of clones to take but I also had to take the older ladies out to the spot. And of course show all the moms some love... Anyways all went very well. I started a new thread in the OD section...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285530

from now on I will leave them out of this thread. Saturday morning I woke up early and cut 18 more clones... That gives me 26 over the past week. My buddy needs 25 so I hope they do very good. Mostly because I have no more room in my veg chamber. I have all the moms in the flower room. When taking clones I employ a very simple technique. I use botanicare rooting gel and simply slice a 16oz Styrofoam cup down a bit add soil and clone. Then slice a 16ox clear plastic cup to fit snugly on top. Has been working very well for me.

In the coming weeks I am gonna be looking to make a few changes to the 920. I want to re design the intake to allow for more height inside the cabinet and also more air flow. Also the passage between the rooms wasn't as light proof as I wanted so I used some handy duct tape and I wanna take that out and use a thicker darker material for the floor. Then a couple coats of paint and a day or so to dry. I think this will help out a great deal with the heat and airflow in the flower room.

clones..

clones..

Quick update on the clones. I took the domes off of the ones that I took the Saturday before last. I probably could have done that a bit sooner. I lost one out of those. The rest that I took last Saturday are all looking excellent except one that is struggling a bit. I will take the domes off of those in a couple more days. I cant wait to get them moved out of the veg room so I can put them moms back where they belong and make a few upgrades. Anyways here is a few pics you can see how I have the box crammed full.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey I just now found this thread. Nice cabinet you got there! But I'm really more interested in your guerrilla lake grow. ;)

Thank you for posting. Keep up the good work.

Upgrades...

Upgrades...

I am happy to say that I finally have removed all the clones in the 920. 32 in all. I have had both the veg and the flower on a veg light schedule because I filled the 18x18" veg room with exactly 25. The rest of the clones and the moms were in the flower section begging out under the HPS.
Now I am down to 6 ladies in the 920. 3 big moose hair clones that I held back last time I went to the OD grow. They were held back because I didn't want them to flower a lil then re-veg. They will be leaving in about 2 more weeks. Which will leave me with only my 3 mamas.

This weekend I will be making a few changes to the design to fix problems that I didn't for see during construction. First and foremost is my airflow is greatly constricted by the passage between the two rooms. The ceiling of the flower section starts at the front and extends until about 2 inches from the back wall. The floor of the veg section starts at the back and extends until about 2 inches from the front. The floor of the flower section is actually 3" off the ground. The intake is on the back wall at the very bottom and is about 2"x14"
First I am going to drop the false floor in the bottom, which will give me 3 more inches of height. Then I will extend my intake to the edge of the box. Add a hinge to the top to hold the air filter in place. Then I am going to lower the ceiling in the flower section 2 inches and also add an extra inch of space to the exhaust passage. In the veg section I will drop the floor only 1.5 inches to add an extra half inch to the space between the floor of the veg and the ceiling of the flower. Also I will add an inch to the intake area. I believe this will allow my fan to move the air a bit faster and keep my interior temps closer to ambient.
The next issue to address is light leaks. The material that the box is made of is called "Lexan" its like plexi glass. I put the whole box together before painting and didn't paint the inside of the passageway between rooms and I just put down like 10 coats of flat white. Once I figured out that my flower section had light coming in from the veg. Not very much, just a glow. I used duct tape for the glow coming through the painted plexi and extra air filters for reflected light. It works like this I haven't had any problems from the ladies. However I need to address it. I hate duct tape in my grow.
Starting at the intake at the bottom in the flower section I will add some louvers to block outside light but not airflow. Then while I have the floor of the veg section out I will add a layer of 1mm thick solid black plastic to both sides of the "duct" "passageway" and louvers to the intake and exhaust. These louvers will have the black plastic on one side and be flat white on the other. The thick black plastic will prevent any light coming through the Lexan and the louvers will block any light from reflecting through.
The last issue I need to address is my circulation fan in the flower section. Currently It rests on top of a cup pointed directly at the bare bulb. This was necessary to keep the temps down and I was amazed at how good a job it did. However, because It was an after thought, I did not run the wire through the cabinet. It squeezes out through the door. I am all the time knocking it over while trying to adjust the ladies inside. Its very frustrating sometimes.
First I will go through the process of running the wire through the cabinet and add some terminal blocks to the strip on top. Then I am going to affix the fan to the Light fixture with a coat hanger. It sounds redneck I know but it will look clean. This way I wont be able to knock the fan down anymore. I am also going to add a couple bends to the hanger to allow for a shield to rest directly in front of the light for when I'm working in there.
After all the new construction I will obviously have to paint again. No big deal really. I am planning to knock all this out Saturday morning. I'm gong to take the family fishing and make sure we stay out late so the kids sleep late. During construction I will allow the girls get some actual sunlight in a box on my back porch. Not direct light of course but a bit filtered through the trees will be good for them I think. Ill be sure to get some detailed pictures of the process. Good luck with your gardens everyone!!

Update...

Update...

So. I still haven't got around to making my scheduled upgrades to the cab. It has been very busy around my house this time of year. I do a lot of backpacking. I have 4 kids and once a year I take each one for a backpacking trip by themselves. Its hard to get that one on one time when there are 4 of them. lol... This weekend I am bringing my 8 yr old son. We will do about 7 miles all together, however only 2 of them will be on the trail, the rest is straight back country. Its actually a pretty tough hike, but the spot where we camp tomorrow night is just amazing. Hitting the trail every weekend is cutting into my growing time, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Anyways... Last sunday I went out to the GG to plant the last 3 moose hair ladies. The one I put out in May flowered early so im very happy that I decided to hold the rest back. I had another clone order to fill, 50 at least. So I took all the lower branches for clones. I ended up with about 67. Now I don't have room in the 920 to fit 67 cups. So I just put them in cups of water. About 15 or 20 per cup. I have never cloned this way before, but when I checked last night, I saw tiny roots coming from the worst looking one. So I know I will be close to my mark.(50)

Also... Remember me telling yall about the Girl Scout Cookies bag seed? I thought it had died but when I went out in May I noticed that It was alive. When planted it was probably 3-4" tall. After 4 weeks of natural sunlight it was about 2 feet. Now because this is the most important clone I took I used my normal method. Slice, rooting gel, straight in the soil and watered good. I put a glass jar over the cutting to hold in the humidity. It appears to be healthy and will absolutely survive. Ill try to get some pics of my new method and all the other clones and mothers.

Wishing everyone beautiful weather and healthy ladies!!!

Been a while...

Been a while...

It has been a while since I posted. I know... Sorry.. I moved to a new house and have just been very busy taking care of that. Im telling ya guys moving a family of 6 is quite a task. We are getting settled in and things are slowly getting back to normal. Kids are starting school and we have a good routine going. The new house has a small basement and the 920 has been down there. I still have 2 mothers holding on down there. The Moose Hair (OG kush) and the Pot of Gold. My GSC clone didn't make it. I found a seed in some Grapefruit Kush the other day so I will be starting it soon and I have placed an order for some seeds. Green House Seeds Great White Shark, Arjans Haze #1, The Church, Cheese, and Hawaiian Snow. Its only a 10 pack with 2 of each, but I feel confident that I will get a female out of each. If not I will grow the male out and harvest the pollen.
Since I have a basement now I plan to put it to use. Im currently in the initial planning stages. I plan on having a large veg room so I can produce many clones for the outdoor season next year. It will be 12 ft. long 4 ft. wide and 5 ft. high. With 2 400w MH in the first 5 ft. then t5's for the next 4 ft. then t8's for the last 3 ft. The basic plan is to have the 400's vertical with moms in circles around them. Then a 18" bench under the t5's and a 30" bench under the t8's. I have begun collecting supplies but haven't started any construction yet. For flowering I will have 2 rooms 4ft. long 4ft. wide and 5ft. tall. Its really going to be one box divided into 2 rooms. I will be putting a vertical 600w HPS in each room. I guess once I get it up and running I wont be posting it in the micro forum. However I don't see myself turning the 920 off anytime soon.
I will get some new pics up asap. The new location in the basement keeps the ambient temps low ,71-72 give or take, so I didn't make any of the changes I was planning on making. My Moose Hair mom is getting pretty big. Im gonna take a round of cuttings the flower it. Should be interesting. This variety really needs a good veg period. There isn't much stretch at all. I hope everyone is having good luck with all their endeavors. I will have a proper update with pics in a couple days.