What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla at the lake

Good Morning Everyone...

My name is Mentefresh. I just recently began posting on ICmag, but I have been learning from all of you for some time now. I have a few successful grows under my belt and I thought it would be a good time to share what Ive learned so far. I have a thread in the micro section called "The 920" where I started all these plants. I didn't get very much feedback over there and im hoping this will do better.

I have a couple different strains. Most of the bud is called Pot of Gold. This is from seeds of plants that were literally touched by a rainbow. Moose Hair is from some OG kush bagseed. I also have some mids seed going and a seed from a bag of girl scout cookies.

Early in the morning fog my lovely wife and I paddled out to the spot. I planted all the POG and all the seed started 17 in all.
I had previously came out here and added all my new amendments and put the fence up so when we arrived yesterday all I had to do was plant. Everything went very well and I think all the ladies will be just fine. Questions/Comments are apprectiated.

-Mentefresh

HunterJ

More hard data might help to stimulate interest.

Wondering about the POG, sounds nice, also sounds like a yarn the 'little people' would spin you to get your gold. Hmm ...

I assume it's illegal where you are or you wouldn't be guerilla growing so I was surprised to read your wife is along at the grow site - that way if something goes wrong you both get hit, instead of just one.

All the best with the grow. Will look in to see if you post any interesting info and see how it goes.

hunter has a good point.Unless your wife is super insistent leave the women out.She can bond you out find a lawyer etc.If you have kids she will be there.The less she knows the better for the both of you.I have had a similar situation and had to leave her out of things just for this reason.

thanks for the responses!!

Yeah... I am also worried about the spacing that I have available. However I will generally lose a couple here and there so I always plant more than can actually fit.

I can see how the story seems fantastical and you can believe it or not, but it is actually a great story. I was married on July 13th 2012. We had a nice ceremony in the mountains then made our way down to the lake for the reception. It was raining off and on all day and about the time we sat down to eat dinner a beautiful full rainbow appeared over the lake. Everyone took pictures and laughed about how unique it was to see a rainbow on your wedding day. It was clearly visible for about ten minutes then you could see another forming right above the first. As we watched the spectacle we noticed it was moving and then all the sudden you could see the end come out onto the lake. Directly in front of where my spot is. So... I had made a few seeds from those plants and that is what I'm growing now and calling POG. Ill throw up some pics of the rainbow.

You are very correct to have concerns about that type of situation. She doesn't come every time I go. She just wanted to be there to see them go into the ground. A couple of them are "hers". Actually just her favorites. Anyways we also spent a good 3 hours just bass fishing. There is lots of great spots that only a canoe can access, and that is actually where we spent most of the morning. We crossed the lake under a dense curtain of fog. It is always like this first thing in the morning at this spot. All in all it is a very secure location and we make a great team. I wish I could bring her all the time, but she has to have a really good reason to get up before the sun.

Thanks toker... It should be a good year... I will have more time to devote to the grow. Last year was full of wedding plans and such. I basically just started a few seeds in my veggie garden and then took them out in may. Then came back in august and killed the males, a little too late, and harvested in Oct. There was only one female and we didn't get much from her. Except 33 seeds with a cool story behind their creation...

Manstien

Nice man....the only ladies i have around in the forest are the ones in the ground ;(

Good story, hope it goes well. both the crop and the wife! no offense haha. congratz:tiphat:

GSC?

GSC?

Thanks Manstien... Yeah she is very cool. She didn't know anything about growing when we met. Now she can take a seed to harvest or keep it a mother and take clones. She has learned sooo much.

The weather isn't being very cooperative today. We are going to get 2-4 inches with high winds and t-storms. Im worried about the small seed starts. One of them is from a bag of Girl Scout Cookies. I thought it had died and got it mixed up with the rest. I mean with just the very first true leaves just barely out it fell over on the soil. I thought it was gone. Even when I saw the label on the cup I thought I had mixed it up somehow or transplanted something else into it. I have been thinking on it since sunday and the more I think about it the more confident I am that the plant had to revive, because I know for a fact that I didn't put another plant in that cup without marking out the label and making a new one. So lets cross our fingers that she survives the storm.

Update...

Update...

Well guys,

I finally made it out to the spot over the weekend. I had 3 more OG kush ladies that had to go in the ground. I sure am glad I held them back. When I went out in May I threw one of them out there just to see how it did. Just as I predicted it went full flower on me. Hopefully its sisters wont do the same because I held them inside for an extra month.

All the other ladies are looking awesome!! Some are over 3 feet tall already. In fact out of the 17 I put out there in May every single one survived. Even my tiny seed starts all survived, and I know they held their own during several bad storms.

I needed to fill another clone order so while I was out there I took like 67 cuttings. I am trying a new method with them this time since I have limited space. I sliced them up and added rooting gel then stuck them in several cups of water about 15-20 per cup. Now I have seen others here on ICmag cloning with just water so I hope it works out well for me.

As long as the weather is nice, we have rain every couple days, the next trip out there will be on the 29th. I will be adding the last round of veg nutes, taking more clones and also adding natural mulch from leaves and other detritus onsite.

The hardest part (IMO) is over. they all have great root systems. It has been my experience that once they have a strong foot hold on their environment they can survive pretty much anything. Im feeling really good about this season. I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful/productive season!!

numbers...

numbers...

There are 20 in that area. However 7 of them are unsexed. so that will give some extra room. Its hard to tell from the pics but its about a 12 ft. diameter circle that they are in. I definitely see it getting pretty crowded in there in the next couple months. I have used this spot for several years now. Every year I make the spot a little bigger. I feel like its about as big as the location will allow at this point. I have been scouting new spots for next season. Hopefully I will be able to do 2 more like this one in the same general area.