What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 920...

Good Morning ICmag...

I am Mentefresh. I have been lurking on this site for a few years. Learning all I can. I finally feel comfortable to post my grow up here for all the critiques and advice that this wonderful community offers.

First a little history... I started like most of us with a couple OD crops, a couple indoor micro cab crops. My very first harvest was in 2010. I chopped on the 19th of Sep. So my first indoor cab I named the 919. First I will show a couple pics of my first harvest and my first micro cab, the 919...

Moving on...

Moving on...

So since then I have learned a lot. From building and operating the 919 I discovered some things that I would have like to do differently. First I had the flower box on top of the veg. I didn't have very good clone survival rates that way and I figured it was because it was a little cooler in the bottom. So on the 920 I switched them. The veg room is on top of the flower room. Also I didn't like how I have my controller bolted to the top of the cabinet. I had run my exhaust through my electrical box to help cool the components. So on the 920 I made a new controller that was not connected to the box at all. Since it actually controls 4 zones I simply mounted receptacles on the outside of my new controller. In the 919 I had 2 70W HPS lamps mounted at the top behind some plexi. I ran the exhaust through that section also to help cool the lights. In the 920 I decided to scrap the plexi and basically that whole lighting design. I mounted one vertical 70W in the 920 with simply a tiny fan pointed straight up at it. However even with all those changes I am already looking on to the next one I want to build with even more improvements. Let me show some pics of the 920 then I will go into my plans for the summer. I have to remember to upload pics to my album before I start my post so I don't have to make another post with just pics.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice cab. How many plants did you flower at a time in the 919 cab?
How many are you going to flower in the 920 cab?
Looking forward to seeing pics of the new cab.

In the 919 I was going for a perpetual harvest. Using a method similar to the DR.budgreengenes method. I think that was his name. Im pretty sure I fit 30 something in the top and 4 mini moms and about 15 clones at a time in the bottom. I used the inside of 10 guage wire spools cut to 7 inches for my pots. and would get between a 8th and a quarter from every one. I never had it completely dialed in though and due to some personal problems (divorce) I had to sell it anyways. With the 920 I am using different techniques. I will only flower 4 at a time and use bigger pots. I am not really going to be flowering plants in the 920 in the wintertime. Its main function is to allow me to prepare plants for the outdoor season. However I have flowered a couple in I throw up some pics of that in my next post.

Summer...

Summer...

I just had a wonderful post all typed up and lost it trying to get the damn pics in there. So I guess I will be sticking with the method of posting my pics on a separate post because that sucked.

The main goal of the 920 is to prepare plants for the OD season. Up until this point I have only started from seed outside. However I decided this year that I will be much better off using clones that I know are female for most of the OD crop. So I began reading ICmag and learning about putting clones out. I the realized I had several things to do to get the ladies ready for the transplant. First I had my lighting schedule (18/6) set up to run opposite of the actual day. So starting April 1st I began to shift the schedule 1 hour and shorten the daylight period by 15 mins every 4 days. So that by the time I am ready to plant they will be on 16/8 on at 5 and off at 9. I have 2 different strains. I noticed when I began adjusting the lights that one of them is very sensitive to the changes I was making. Every time she would throw out lots of pistils. So I will be taking the not so sensitive bunch out on the 11th with the waxing moon and the more sensitive ones out on the next waxing moon in June. The next post will have a pic of the spot and the ladies that will be going out there. I went out at the beginning of March and put my fence up and added all my amendments so the soil could cook for a while before the transplant.

Strains...

Strains...

As I said I am working with 2 different strains. One I call Pot Of Gold. I do believe there is already a strain with that name, but I don't care. There is a very good reason I call it that. I was married for the second time on 13JULY2013. We had an awesome reception at our friends house on the lake. Live band... Great BBQ... It had been raining a lil on and off all day, but at that moment the skies lit up with sunshine and across the lake was the most perfect rainbow I have ever seen. Conditions must have been perfect because we watched it for about half an hour. It even developed a second rainbow on top, a double rainbow. As we were watching this rainbow across the lake we noticed that after a while you could see the end of the rainbow com out on to the lake. So we knew that the end had came over the forest directly behind it. Which is exactly where my spot is. So I know without a shadow of a doubt that my plants were literally touched by the end of the rainbow. Well as you can deduce it was a crazy year and I didn't put very much effort into the grop that year. I had taken 3 plants out there in May and hadn't been to check on them at all. I actually didn't get out there until sometime in august. Out of the 3 plants 2 were male and had dropped their pollen on the one tiny female. The seeds from that lady are what I refer to as Pot of Gold. Now like I said I know there is already a strain called that but do you think they really have that cool of a story to go with it?

The other strain came from a bag that was supposed to be OG kush. However on the east coast you really cant believe any name that the dealer man gives you. People here don't know any better so every dealer calls his shit something even if they have no idea what it actually is. So I call it Moose Hair. This is the one that is very sensitive to the lighting changes.

Now before anyone tells me that I cant just make up names for strains as I go. Let me say that I will not be selling this to anyone or making seeds to sell or trying for the cannabis cup or something. The names are more for me to have a way of telling them apart than anything else.

Going forward...

Going forward...

So... I believe I have brought everyone up to speed on my situation. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer. Also any advice will be greatly appreciated. I still consider myself a newb with lots to learn.

Blynx-Thanks for the reply... I hope I answered all of your questions...

5th

Veteran
The only picture that works is the first one. The rest are linked to the ICM home page.

xil

try to upload them to icmag or maybe use

Pics...

Pics...

I uploaded them to my album on ICmag... Then I dragged them into the post... Is this the correct method? How do I go back and edit a post? Should I just post them all again?

Update...

Update...

I got a few things done over the weekend. I made the last step in adjusting my photoperiod... Now its lights on at 5am and off at 930. Hopefully this will be close enough that they don't have any problems. I have decided that I wont put them all out at once. I don't want any of them to begin to flower and have to reveg. The POG will go out first on May the 11th. I will put the Moose Hair out on June the 8th. That strain is more sensitive to the lighting changes that I have been making so I want to keep them longer. Saturday I woke up early and snagged some clones before the kids got up. I got 4 from the Moose Hair and 2 from each of my POG moms. I have a pretty simple cloning method. I just use some starter soil with no amendments in a small Styrofoam cup with a clear plastic cup on top. I have been very successful with this method. 10-12 days i s all it takes.

Ok... Im gonna try and put some pics in this post... 2 shots of the moms with their clones/babies. Then an individual pic of the moms I used. 2 POG and 1 Moose Hair...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53353&pictureid=1246674

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53353&pictureid=1246672