What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I had to publicly shame my sister to get her to stop posting obviously fake and inflammatory bullshit. "If you're too dumb to know what's fake and not, check with your morals. Unless you really are a bigot. In that case unfriend me because I'll keep pointing shit out to you."

She probably will never talk to me again, but too fucking bad.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The right uses altered media to influence weak minded people. There are millions of them it seems. GOP group shares meme calling Dem group jihad squad. More people believe this kind of BS then you think. Mark Rubio posted a altered video of Ilhan Omar trying to paint her as a white man hater. .

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Facebook has databases on peoples opinions and decisions. It's all recorded and sold without scruples. With this detailed information it is very easy for them or others to categorize people. From this point it would be easy enough to filter with test questions and find out how much they can manipulate each person. Extremists can also be easily identified.

Of course, if you're a denier all of this is like Puff The Magic Dragon.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said cattle,I'm not bringing anyone from another country in the booth with me,and nobody from fox or CNN
for that matter.The mentally challenged dont typically drive or operate heavy machinery,maybe they shouldn't decide the path of the country.
But that's just my opinion.
I forget who in here suggested IQ tests for whatever,I'm not opposed to that in matters that effect millions.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not everyone is easily manipulated. Unfortunately there are millions that can be. Thast enough to impact an election.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah but it does. It's worth 2 votes. Yours and the bad one you negate.

So the backwoods two tooth redneck from the hills with no schooling should decide some of the most serious issues that will decide the path of a nation.
There enough polls out there already,maybe we shouldn't count boogers fishing pole.

RB56

Veteran
So the backwoods two tooth redneck from the hills with no schooling should decide some of the most serious issues that will decide the path of a nation.
There enough polls out there already,maybe we shouldn't count boogers fishing pole.
Solution isn't to restrict voting - it's to improve the quality of the voters. Start by educating the backwoods two tooth redneck's kids. There is literally no downside to stuffing as much knowledge into everybody as possible. It will take time, but investments in our citizen's futures used to be considered intrinsically useful and valuable. Just like building roads and bridges.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really dont care who votes,and who doesnt, alot of people dont follow politics but they will show up and cast their uninformed vote.
If Trump gets voted in again it will be blamed on whatever country,it wont be blamed on the morons that pulled the lever.
hahaha if my transmission goes on my car I'm not bringing it to someone that knows nothing about transmissions,but owns tools.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Solution isn't to restrict voting - it's to improve the quality of the voters. Start by educating the backwoods two tooth redneck's kids. There is literally no downside to stuffing as much knowledge into everybody as possible. It will take time, but investments in our citizen's futures used to be considered intrinsically useful and valuable. Just like building roads and bridges.

Unfortunately they call that Fake News.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds great let's educate everyone so nobody can blame another country for our votes.
This is my point,adults shouldn't blame their actions on others,period

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You might find this strange, but there are countries where it is considered unethical to intentionally tell lies on tv news. It's just not done. Stations could have their license pulled for for such behavior. They also don't allow politicians to say negative things about each other either in competitive campaigning. Here these things are a national sport and look where it got us.

Coincidentally these are also places where free college and national health care are the norm. I guess you just need a sense of humor when you see people banging their fists on the table saying I want to be kept stupid and fed bullshit.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont want to get into a sparring match over any of this.
Zeez I would love to see our country follow that lead but freedom of speech and all allows just about anything,similar to our voting rights.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment,if I sneak into that country they'll give me free college and free healthcare.
I know theres alot of fake news out there so maybe someone hacked Omar's Twitter account a couple of days ago.
American taxpayers will pay for illeagal immigrants abortions......
Let me ask what red blooded American taxpayer would take issue with that?And if you do you must be a racist right......it just gets worse everyday.You know a hospital doesnt turn away anyone for any reason,these soundbites of people not having access is complete BS

DJXX

Veteran
Start by educating the backwoods two tooth redneck's kids.
Bout spit my drink everywhere...that's hilarious....LMFAO.....
What do you call 3 Trump supporters posing for a picture.......
A FULL SET OF TEETH......DJXX

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for my stance on free healthcare but my best friend is a nurse who is dying with ALS and we cant get a visiting nurse for her.She cant move,she cant speak she relies on our nurse friends and her family to care for her.
She cant be left alone ever due to no gag relex,she chokes on her own saliva and requires suctioning.
I have taken a leave of absence from my hospital now to care for her so she doesn't have to be placed in a nursing home.My employer cant guarantee my job because shes not my wife or child.
No shes my best friend,and I'm not going to go take care of strangers in place of her.Mind you shes a nurse who has taken care of others for the last 20 years.
So when I see this bullshit of jumping a fence and take care of me,I take it personal.Free abortions for everyone,fucking pitiful

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah,,, It's really not about freedom of speech. It's about intentional deception and maintaining a standard. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite behaving like some of these clowns? You think he needed to know about freedom of speech?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No absolutely not,Walter Cronkite and people like him had integrity,he probably would have never said anything derogatory towards a sitting president,and kept his opinions out of discussion even though his right to freedom of speech would have allowed it.I dont remember him trying to ram the magic bullet theory down America's throat to uphold the Warren commission's bullshit findings.Unfortunatly those days are gone forever I regret to say.

M

Mr D

Plenty of free education is already available. Citizens have to invest in their own future.

https://oedb.org/

https://academicearth.org/

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts