What's new

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders joins 'insulin caravan' to Windsor, Ont.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/bernie-sanders-insulin-caravan-windsor-1.5228228

EAkfhMWXoAAVjId.jpg

In the U.S. the cost of a vial of insulin is about $340 ($450 Cdn). In Canada, the same vial will average about $30. On Sunday, an "insulin caravan" rolled through the border city of Windsor, carrying about 15 people with Type 1 diabetes.

According to Sanders, the massive price difference is a result of "pharma's greed."

"Over the last 20 years, the pharmaceutical industry has spent hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign contributions. They buy and sell politicians — Republicans and Democrats," Sanders told a crowd of supporters outside the pharmacy.

"They continue to charge the American people any price they want."

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Trumpland anyways...DJXX

Hahaha guess who my lawyer was when I was young and not such a nice person.BTW he knew I was guilty,I was honest with him.

None other than the prestigious David Cicilline.
Look up him and has father Jack,personal council for the Mafia in New England for decades.
Read about the Patriarca Crime family,if they didnt dig the hole,they helped throw the dirt back in.
Now I see David on TV acting holier than thou.
Smoke and mirrors guys,Smoke and mirrors

M

Mr D

U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders joins 'insulin caravan' to Windsor, Ont.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/bernie-sanders-insulin-caravan-windsor-1.5228228

View Image
In the U.S. the cost of a vial of insulin is about $340 ($450 Cdn). In Canada, the same vial will average about $30. On Sunday, an "insulin caravan" rolled through the border city of Windsor, carrying about 15 people with Type 1 diabetes.

According to Sanders, the massive price difference is a result of "pharma's greed."

"Over the last 20 years, the pharmaceutical industry has spent hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign contributions. They buy and sell politicians — Republicans and Democrats," Sanders told a crowd of supporters outside the pharmacy.

"They continue to charge the American people any price they want."

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie stop telling stories....

Insurers and the pharmacy benefit managers determine drug prices and which drugs a plan will cover.

If Sanders were truly concerned about making drugs more affordable, he'd support reforms that put cash from pharmacy benefit managers and insurers in consumers' pockets. Of course, a Canadian caravan is a much better photo op.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Bernie, Bernie, Bernie stop telling stories....

Insurers and the pharmacy benefit managers determine drug prices and which drugs a plan will cover.

If Sanders were truly concerned about making drugs more affordable, he'd support reforms that put cash from pharmacy benefit managers and insurers in consumers' pockets. Of course, a Canadian caravan is a much better photo op.

Then keep paying $500, and ration it. Like take it every second day or something.

Lrus007

Veteran
i have a life story on this kind of.
a med i take years ago was $1200 a month.
i could not afford them after 6 months.
so i looked over seas for it.
i could get a years worth for $400. so i did for years.
just 4 years ago they made a generic one in the US.
now i get it here and is $40 for 90 days worth.
so yes we need to bring drug prices down.

M

Mr D

Then keep paying $500, and ration it. Like take it every second day or something.

Is the cost really the biggest problem? Being the biggest consumer of prescription drugs has not increased life expectancy. Why do upwards of 50% of Americans need to be on a prescription drug?

Americans take more pills today than at any other time in recent history and far more than people in any other country.

Approximately 80 percent of the global opioid supply is consumed in the United States.

White Beard

The problem is that “healthcare” is now a business: we don’t maintain health, we manage disease, with maximum extraction for every bit, every drop, every move. End of story. Insurance is one of the most massive money-sucks in existence, providing minimum service for maximum extraction to the ones doing “the bulk of the living, working and dying”, while wealth receives maximum service...all while driving costs through the roof, and keeping as much for themselves as possible

So many are on pharmaceuticals because they can’t afford to take care of themselves: cant afford to take time off, get rest, fit in the things the docs say you should be doing. They need to stay at work so they can keep the lights on and the roof up. Pills aren’t the answer, but they ARE the response.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No worries man I knew the deal,I just wanted to state why I brought that guy up.
The worst part is I think there's ALOT more just like him out there.And 5he way things are going...especially if and when Trump is out of office.
He has really emboldened the Timothy McVeigh's out there.That should scare all of us.

when the bomb went off in OK city, i was surprised. surprised because it took so long. there are THOUSANDS(maybe more, a LOT more) of people that detest our govt (NOT the country) for their roles at Ruby Ridge & Waco. FBI sniper (Lon Horiuchi) kills an unarmed woman holding a baby, & gets an award from the agency for his heroism. WTF??? our country has long derided Islamist terrorists for "hiding among civilians, & not coming out in the open to fight." but our govt put a huge FBI office in a bldg holding hundreds of civilians. it is cold to think of women & children as "collateral damage", but those are the terms our military & politicians use RE those killed overseas in drone strikes. "most regrettable" they say "we try hard to hold civilian casualties to a minimum" they say. the villainous amongst us hide just as the "wretched Islamic terrorists" do in their own countries. am i a fan of domestic terror? fuck, no. but i can damn sure understand their motivation...we will hear more from the McVeighs in our country. you can count on it...

White Beard

The kids I know coming out of college are very sharp, highly motivated, good company, very few illusions about the US of A. The millennials will bring the fire, ARE bringing it, but it’s going to be the fight of our lives.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Is the cost really the biggest problem? Being the biggest consumer of prescription drugs has not increased life expectancy. Why do upwards of 50% of Americans need to be on a prescription drug?

Americans take more pills today than at any other time in recent history and far more than people in any other country.

Approximately 80 percent of the global opioid supply is consumed in the United States.

Fuck no. It should be illegal for a pharmaceutical to pay incentives to a doctor for prescribing their drugs. That's problem #1, and there are many problems. They're paying off candidates. Pure unadulterated corruption just like you'd find in a 3rd world country.

Status
Not open for further replies.