What's new

The 1000 Watt Saturday Morning Picture Show

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Ok, a little back round. CA medical patient growing for personal use. This is not my first time growing, not by a long shot. I grow for myself now and have downsized a lot. I just use my own soil mix and although I am concerned with yield it’s not that big of a deal anymore. (Of course I would like the most return for my time and money, but I find this hobby both exciting and relaxing so I’m in it no matter what I harvest.) I have run E&F tables in the past and Waterfarm buckets but I am back to the tried and true Soil/Soiless mix that I am currently running. I like a variety of bud to choose from come harvest time so no more monocropping. If you have any tips on increasing yield feel free to shout them out but the answer might be that I don’t find it worth the extra money or time, but we’ll see. Thanks for checking me out. I’ll blast through the veg as i find more excitement in buds… yeah.

Here’s the strain list. I hope all are authentic but only time will tell.

2 C99( Pineapple Pheno)
2 OG Kush (sfv cut)
1 Purple OG
2 Grape Ice
1 Pre 98 Bubba
1 BullRider
1 Purple Urkle
1 Burkle
1 Shiskaberry

Okay, let’s start off where it gets interesting. Here is a quick run through of what was a quick veg cycle due to time constraints. I always end up vegging my plants too long anyway so maybe I’m on the right track flipping them sooner.

Right now they are under a 400 watt CMH which I am loving. <-- First time.

Here’s my cuts on 9.5 in my pre-veg CFL cab.

picture.php
picture.php

After they go into beer cups with FFOF.

picture.php

Then onto the final receptacle 3 gal pots/bags. These ones I cut shorter because I am going to flower them when they are small. Due to time constraints I need to flip on Oct 1st so that the latest finishing babies are done by Dec 15th. Oct 1st, so I’m flipping in 2 days. Here they are today.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Flowering will be under the 400 CMH for the first week or two to keep the nodes short, then it will be upgraded to 600 w HPS, then during the last 4 weeks it will be the 600 HPS and the 400 CMH or I might just throw in a 1000w HPS. Wish me luck all.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that if I can get my hands on some good pollen then I will be pollinating some lower branches to have some beans for the future. I really love some of these varieties (esp the C-99 and OG) and would love to play strain hunter with some crosses if possible. I actually would consider pollinating the whole crop if I could. For now the plan is for buds and a few beans.

Just for S&Gs, here are a few pics of some recent crops.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Feel free to ask any questions. Most everything I do is for a reason and I’m happy to share.

Peace IC.

*NGW*

Last edited by a moderator:

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
a few more pics to pass the time... i cant wait until this bunch ends up like these... hoping for some nice colors.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ok, time for the waiting game. :joint:

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Thanks Stevius. Thats just a collection of random pics from the most recent runs. Some have been better then others but i have learned from every one. And tasted some fine herb while i'm at it. I have high hopes for this round because there are some flavors that i have wanted to try and some genetics in here that should throw some awesome colors.

I am thinking of moving the flowering date back 5 days. I was going to flip them tomorrow but i want them to get a little bigger first. Some are ready but others might need the extra time. Like the OG and Urkle... damn slow veggers :moon:. The C-99s are looking bomb. Bushy and Branchy. I really want to try these girls. I have never smoked it yet and i feel left out..

Anyway, 5 days out puts me at October 5th and i should be able to finish everything that takes under 10 weeks by December 12th. So thats the plan.

No pics today but they are bigger than yesterday and about to blow up. Today was the first watering since the transplant and i let them get quite dry to stretch out those roots. Also dropped the light down a few inches.

Watered with Lucas.

GH 8ml Micro / 16ml Bloom (per gallon)
final PH 6.5
TDS 1355

Still under the 400watt CMH, no glass on the hood for now.

Temps: Max 81.2 / Min 73.5

Oh, I decided to invest in CO2. Picked up a 20# tank today. just need to get a digital timer and regulator. Next round i will get a controller. Not sure which one yet.. :chin:

Right around flowering time i will add a trellis net for support too.

Peace all. Thanks for checking in!

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
just a short update today. not much time atm.

changed the light over to a Sun System 1000w HPS for flowering with EYE Horitilux Enhanced super bulb. Set the timers to 12 / 12 and we're off. Day 1 of flowering will be tomorrow.

temps come up since adding the extra wattage. even hit 91 degrees in there today. my next purchase will be a 6" vortex and insulated ducting. right now i'm using 6"-4" reducers on my 6" AC hood because i wanted to keep using the 4" fanline.

here's some pics... pretty good for 11 days V

put the water out today... will need to water tues / wednes

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

If anyone has a good suggestions for a conroller / monior i would love to hear it.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Rotated the girls 180 degrees. Watered with plain water, did not check PH.

they are definitly growing fast under the 1000w. Day 2 of flowering. Nothing much going one but i will keep you updated as things progress.

:joint::joint::joint:

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Day 6 of Flowering. Watered them all yesterday using water from my new RO machine. My tap was about 600 PPM of crap and now after running through this its 10 :woohoo: I think this will solve a ton of problems that i have had in the past esp since i am running lucas.
picture.php

here is a group shot of the ladies (minus the C-99 I took out for a special shot). they are R O C K I N G ! :jump: Starting to see little bud formations everywhere. I have yet to hook up CO2 because i dont want to half fast it and i want to wait until i can afford a good controller. Other than that i need to get my temps in line first too. when the tent is shut all day it get up to 93 degrees in there :noway: :1help: so i have to leave it open a lot (and remember to shut it at night which is a PITA) I am using a 4" vortex to cool my 6" hood right now so... yeah.. i need to get the 6" version of my fan STAT. they are around $175 tho. expensive. i also need a few other things.. but i love this hobby :joint::joint:
picture.php

and finally. my 2 favorite plants in here so far are the C-99's. just look at the structure :yummy::smoker:
picture.php

Peace All

Greenlife1

Nice set-up. Amazing at how much more heat comes off that 1000 huh. Can't wait see what it looks like in there in a couple weeks.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Hey Cool I have some visitors :wave:

What up GrowMeds?

What up Greenlife?

Welcome to the :party:

(everyone isnt here yet so just be a little patient)

No real updates for today but I must say i am enjoying my 'relaxation' time right now doing my favorite thing, smoking and surfing IC. Its sort of my meditation. I look forward to it then afterwards I feel centered. (For some reason i dont think its just me either ;) )

Today my max temps were 85 degrees. When i was rocking the 600w it was about 80 or so and that was summer. Luckily the average temps are expecting to drop a little so it wont be hermi city in here. I am still looking into the 6" fan. I find with the 1000w the temps are somewhere around 15 degrees more than the ambient temp. I know... :noway:

It funny to see how the different varieties handle the heat. The Bullrider clearly hates it the most :mad:

ok, back to my :joint:

Have a great day all.

H

h^2 O

holy crap man way to grow! give me a call if u need help smokin that fuckin doobie

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
What up H20?

(yeah, i'm still here. ...just checking out GrowMeds journi finishing of my :joint: i swear growing weed can be so boring some times... its like watching the grass grow :) )

you like that cross joint?? that is the joint of the future. :YaRight:

greents

Looking great! What type of co2 regulator do you have/will use? If money is no object I would go for the Fuzzy Logic controller

The babies look like they came from pnc, good times

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Greents..

So far no regulator, just the tank. Thanks to IC i didnt pick up the hydrofarm unit that my local grow store carries. Supposedly that one freezes up when hooked to a Monitor/Conroller. R u serious?? :wallbash:
:fsu:
Such BS, i used to be into all hydrofarm gear but for i few years now i have been all about Sun Systems and loving it.
When i do get the Controller i am strogly leaning towards the Fuzzy Logic. If i'm gonna do it i'm gonna do it right. I mean, its already a sloid investment the extra $150 or so to have it perfect will be worth it. For now i am thinking about grabbing the CAP regulator.. unless i hear soon that there is a better one. I dont need it now anyway since i dont have controller.

Anyway, thanks for stopping in. Thursday AM will be the next watering / feeding (with RO :jump:) so i'll snap some pictures then. Thursday will be Day 11 of flowering. Nothing to drewl over but i like having a record of the progress.

Cheers,

NGW

Very nice grow, your previous grows look beautiful, I really see the CMH in them, just look at the colors and the trichs they speak for themselves.

Maybe next time you might want to run 800 or 1200W of CMH through the whole grow, might be worth the investment.

Congrats on your continued success sir.

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
UPDATE DAY 11 FLOWERING :yes:

UPDATE DAY 11 FLOWERING :yes:

Watered w/ RO and Lucas at 6.2 PH (only the ones that were dry)
Max temps 86.4 degrees - still need to grab the 6" vortex

I took some time this morning to get some good pics of all the ladies individually (and out of the HPS). Definitly looking on track for Day 11 of flowering. Learned some things getting up close and personal with them today. One is that i might have overwatered a few of them. I did a watering/feeding today but only used half my mix since not everyone needed it. I'm curious, can i let the lucas sit already mixed for a few days right? I mean, that what happens in a rezi for hydro...

here they come.. i'll keep them small this time so my update doesnt take a whole page (and take forever to load)

C-99

Purple Urkle

Bubba Kush

OG Kush

BullRider (by far the tallest)

Grape Ice (least developed of all)

OG Kush 2

Purple OG

Grape Ice

C-99 2

somewhere in here is my shiskaberry but maybe i forgot to get a picture of it. Here it is. Do you think this is overwatering. Her pot was still wet so i left it alone.

and a group shot to end it.

Thanks! any insight is appreciated. I'll be back when i have a little more time :wave:

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
My Little garden 400 CMH / 600 HPS Top Strains ( 1 2)
Natagonnaworrie Today 08:27 AM
by Natagonnaworrie 15 posts 420 views

ha ha.. got to blaze. my first thread has 420 views :kos:

keep checking in guys, i promise this one is about to get exciting...

:smoke:

Greenlife1

Things are looking real nice in there. Yeah the one looks a little over watered. Give her some time, it takes a little while to recover. When you get the 6" vortex your ladies will be happier. Although My temps stayed around 85-87 through the summer, and didn't have any problems, except they seemed to use more nutes, and water.
I don't think leaving your mixed nutes sit out will be a problem. I use PBP and sometimes my leftover sits for 3-4 days, and is just fine. The ph will go up a little so I would check that.

G

guest5703

Did ya get your C99 from PNC??? If so I bet it's the cut I gave them....Looks like it could be so far. Man growing with a 1000 watt has gotta be easy, super fast and thick growth, keeping them at good heights....I usually veg with T-5 fluorescents and then move them into my 400/800 watt cab. Right now I am only using 400 out of the 800 watts....

Anyways man its looking great! Your doing everything really well, are you taking your own cuts though?? This could minimize the amount of outside pests you could potentially receive through purchasing clones from vendors.

Non the less though, looking awesome! PEACE

OH and to me, yes it does look like overwatering on that shiskaberry....Her leaves are droopy and the pot isnt dry.....Plus it looks like she needs more nutrients but shes probably just blocking them out from being a lazy grower becuase of overwatering....

Natagonnaworrie

Veteran
Hey GreenLife.

What up Cali?

Ahhh Sat morning :cool:

So Green, ya the new fan will be an improvement although I am seeing lower temps as the ambient slowly lowers.. I think it will be fine once Novembers rolls around. I still have this annoying need to be constantly upgrading my grow. I wrote out a list of what my ideal grow room would be like the other day and I am almost there. The 6" inline and the Fuzzy Logic CO2 will be the last things i need. I still have a ton of equiptment in storage in case i want to go back to hydro and set up some more lights but right now i will be happy with my 1000 and automated CO2, RO water and proper ventilation. I do love soil. I am looking forward to doing a few all organic runs in 5 or 7 gal pots and vegging a little longer. Maybe i can go from 12 ladies to 10 ha ha.

It's weird about the Shiskaberry getting over watered. I have never had that happen before, especially to only one plant of 12. I think she is mad at me beasue i wasnt paying much attention to her to begin with. Maybe she was mad about getting a bad spot in the room. Originally she was in the corner getting less ventilation and light then the rest and the same water sched.. o well. I know how to handle it. She will just be on the sideline for a little while and i have some Cal Mag handy if needed later.

Cali, My newest friend. Hey Man. I hope your having a good weekend. It seems we are already connected in a way.. I am in fact growing out you're C-99 cut from PNC. And i must say, kudos! She is looking great. Thanks for giving back to the Prop 215ers. I like the 1000w too. I had been indecisive for a while but then i got the CO2 enhancement thing in my head and i realized if i was going to do that i wanted to be pushing at least 55 w/sq. with the 1000w i'm at 62.5. The 600 (which i ran in the summer) was 37.5. Right now i am just dialing it in for the Jan 2010 grow which i expect to have CO2 pinned at 1500ppm from beginning to end. So that is my main goal. Also, i will probably reveg the Cindy and some others if they come out really nice because i want to pollenate some select branches to have some back up seed stock but the male Chronic plant that i grew out this summer didnt impress me at all. I have a contact for some Pineapple Cindy pollen but i am waiting to see if that materializes. If nothing happens soon on that i will just reveg the nice plants and sub in some clones for whatever i didnt like. Revegging will be a new experience so i am excitely apprehensive about that. Worst case I pop some beans and find a suitable male during the reveg. I almost would like to do that because i have so many seeds i would love to see get taken advantage of. Definitly some interesting crosses.. my mind is churning already.

As far as pests go i dont have much to worry about there. I have found excellent product to prevent and stop anything from mites to PM. I always take proper precautions before bringing in clones which includes a dunk in a mitacide/fungacide. The they go into my 125 watt cloning chamber (i can take clones if i wanted but i have been loving the local variety ;) and i like to stay under 12) And then to a 400w CMH room for veg. If there was going to be any issue i would hopefully catch it in veg and usually it would be gone after that. My flowering room is alway bleached / washed during clean up. I did experience PM one time on some GDP. After i bought the sulfer burner i havent seen a hint of it again. If i did, a few runs of that thing at night seems to clear it right up.

Hey TheFallenLion, i think i missed you earlier. Right before my update.. Whats up? I like the CMH in veg and as supplemental lighting to HPS. I used to have a dual bulb hood so i had the 400 CMH and the 600 HPS in there. I liked that but i thought that the hood was ineffiecient. I sold that and changed to the 1000. Now i wish i could change the name of my thread ha ha.

Anyway, time to start my day. I think this is one of the longest replies i have ever typed. I am excited about my new friends and interest in my grow. Time to get up and running though. Did i mention that i love Saturdays? Peace All!

Latest posts

Latest posts