What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 100 Push-ups A day Challenge

usda101

Are you man enough...man? Can you handle taking maybe 5 minutes out of your day to 100 simple pushups? If you can, you will see some awesome results...guaranteed.

I started doing this a week ago. I started at 50 a day and when I got to 100, I thought I would see if any other stoners out there would like to participate.

It seems like a lot of pushups, but it's really not.

You can Do it![URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40823&pictureid=1375384&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
First much respect to Hops5k for starting this thread . I was a couple weeks into my original workout and plan to stay away from any Junk food for 60 days when i joined the challenge . Guys being a few days away from my Birthday i have never been in a better place in life . I actually beat and addiction guys , I was easily at 3500 calories per day which now has reduced to 1000-1500 max . It wasn't easy and was on the verge of Cheating but this thread inspired me . My shits coming full circle right now and u guys with with your Witty , Gut busting humor , constructive critiques and support have empowered me immensely .

St. Phatty

I have just finished an 80 day stretch when I cleared brush on a 10+ acre property I own in Oregon.

Without actually using a scale, I kept tabs on the weights of fuel that I removed. Started out about 100 pounds.

Best day, yesterday, was 1000 pounds removed and carried to the burn pile, and burned. And about 500 square feet of hillside burned, to go with the other patches of hillside I already burned.

The hill is about 10 degree incline, so working on it is exercise. A combination of resting and breathing (standing, relaxing, and breathing), and then carrying loads while holding my breath. As much as possible while I am in the smoke-stream.

I like to save my lungs for the good stuff :woohoo:

Anyway, I highly suggest buying some highly overgrown rural land and then realizing that your life and your family's life depends on clearing it. That is good for motivation.

You get even more exercise if it happens to be on an incline.

Personally, the fire in Canada also provided motivation. I watched it burn from 500,000+ acres to 1,250,000+ acres, over about a week.

My goal was to ember-proof my property, so that if we get into a wildfire situation where it is raining embers, I am ready to deal with that. I was just looking at gas powered pumps. I was going to use the water from the swimming pool to help defend the upper part of the property.

The final stage of a wildfire, when the fire moves to living green trees - well, I'm not ready to deal with that from standing next to burn piles for 80 days, I have pretty good idea of what it feels like.

The bottom line is, I am really scared about this year's fire season.

And just happened to get a boat-load of exercise starting to deal with the situation.

Now I can relax a bit and focus on my compost piles. I went a little over-board my first year, and assembled a few dozen compost piles from available materials. That left me with piles of highly flammable material dotting the hillside. So now I get to move the partially composted dry material down the hill so that it's within range of the hose.

The super-flammable sticks in the pile, get bundled and buried.
Which all means - More exercise !

All I can say is, fighting wildfires before they happen can sort of evolve into a diabolically intense form of exercise, especially if you do it without much in the way of power tools.

BudToaster

Veteran
still going strong at the 3 week point ... i seem to have crossed a threshold ... doing 5 sets of 20 pushups through the day is not a big problem anymore. Before, it used to be a real effort to even do 20 pushups any time.

i seem to be a compulsive ... which works just fine for a fitness routine.

shithawk420

Veteran
Who the hell here can do 100 in one set no problem? If you can do 100 straight you need to be a personal trainer.not even in my best days could I do that.I think my record is 500 in an hour and that was fucking tough.anyway congrats to all the guys in here and especially hops.get on those burpees

BudToaster

Veteran
two months into this ... working up to 200 per day ... can only do 3 days of fitness and strength training in a row, then i have to take a day off for recovery (probably due to my advanced age (68)), but the 2nd day in, i get a testosterone surge ... or at least some hormone or another is surging ... and now i'm really interested to see how this can play out.

thanks for the thread.

Cmobile9

Can I get in? I gotta push myself more I'm not gonna get younger. I stay fit to slap some of these younger cats that get out of line.
When I was younger that was a highlight to clown the older crowd.hehe your bigger older yeah take this, probably not the smartest way to spend some time but fi.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Still doing my pushups, but my weight is what I'm working on now. Weighed myself and didn't like it at all, not where I need to be in terms of lbs...pretty overweight guys, I've got a lot of work to do. It must have been that damn med i was taking, I knew I didn't need it anyways, but took it like a good boy..fuck, now I'm like 250 lbs. thanks to that shit. I also ate a lot of fast food from Jan.-July. I totally destroyed my temple of a body in under a year...holy shit.

I've actually been going to the gym every day for like 3 weeks now...lost a grand total of 0.20 pounds..wtf? I've been doing eliptical, treadmill walking and weights thrown in 2 times a week...still working up to an hour workout and I'm at 30 to 35 min. right now.

At least I can bang out the pushups, rrrright guys?

usda101

I held my own against two guys the other night , slightly intoxicated (shit i was drunk) lol . cough cough .. ouch wheres my ice pack lol .

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
So, last time I posted, I weighed like 250ish or so. Since then, I've been hiking a lot, focusing on eating more protein, but smaller portions and drinking tons of water every day. I've actually lost 20 pounds or more since then and am still doing pushups.

I tried several so called diets these past months. One of them was just high protein, high fat and low carbs and was kinda hard to limit the carbs, but it worked. The military diet actually worked the two times I did it...I followed it strictly and dropped down to the low 240s. Got into the 230's by following what is referred to as a 'cut'..it was just tons of water for 2 or 3 days, then cutting it back a lot for another 2 or 3 plus high protein.

Damn, this is hard. It's getting easier though.

paper thorn

Veteran
way to go HOPS5K
I had gone up to 280 a few years back. Got it back down to 220, where I had been for many years.
Inched it down to 200-210 for a few years, then got more serious and am now at 180
that's low enough, almost my high school weight.

now Push Ups? I think I need to do 10 or so a day lol.

My Grandpa was a push up monster and did hundreds.

He did 500 push ups on his 80th birthday. He was something. He would stop for rest, took him half an hour to do 500.

BudToaster

Veteran
just had to bump this thread - and say a big thank-you to HOPS5K - this thread has changed my life.

push-ups are addictive ... now doing 5 sets of 30 pushups during my typical two hour morning routine, although today i did six sets.

at a hundred per day (after maybe doing 20 every third day) i was having hormonal surges after three days of workout, then that subsided after four months.

now, at 150 per day, the surges are back. (gf doesn't mind, too much).

i'm almost 69 (6 more weeks) and i've been blessed with good enough genes that i am basically healthy ... but this push-up challenge has kicked me into a higher level of fitness.

highly recommended.

shithawk420

Veteran
Congratulations guys.I really need to get off my lazy ass and start doing something.you guys are twice my age and doing twice the pushups.Im ashamed of myself.lol

Brother Nature

Awesome to see so many people are doing this. I had a bad motorcycle accident a little over a year ago and up until a couple months ago I had completely fallen off working out, given the long recovery and depression that followed (couldn't ride for soooo long :comfort:). However, my step father recently spent a good 53 days in the hospital due to throat cancer (had to get a full tracheotomy and 3 more surgeries after to stop the internal bleeding) and they said he would have not survived if he wasn't such a fit man. That shit really kicked me in the ass. So have been getting back on the workout wagon by starting at 25 pushups a day minimum. Most days Ido at least 50, but if I'm not feeling it I still make myself do the 25. Only been two months and aside from physically feeling a whole lot better it's done a serious 180 on my mental health too. Wish I would have seen this thread a while ago may have helped get my lazy stoner ass of the couch earlier lol. Anyways, keep it up guys and gals.:dance:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I lost all kinds of weight eating PB&J's the two meals a day I eat, and Ramen noodles for a night snack. That coupled with working a physically demanding job and doing 200 push-up's a day, arm curl's, bench presses and power lifts, had me in the best shape of my life.

I was like a walking chick magnet for real. Dudes I worked with used to get so jealous, cause my lunch table at work was me and 5 chicks, lol. Now I'm married and it looks like I have a baby in my belly, ha!