What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 100 Push-ups A day Challenge

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Are you man enough...man? Can you handle taking maybe 5 minutes out of your day to 100 simple pushups? If you can, you will see some awesome results...guaranteed.

I started doing this a week ago. I started at 50 a day and when I got to 100, I thought I would see if any other stoners out there would like to participate.

It seems like a lot of pushups, but it's really not.

You can Do it!

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I could - if I started at 1 the first day then added 1 every day until I hit 100.

Not a hope in hell of getting anywhere near 100 otherwise.

When I first started 10 seemed like a lot.

Now I do at least 100 6 days a week. Sometimes in a row or I'll stop at 75 and stretch. Sometimes 200 / day if I'm feeling it. Combine with dips too! Then dont stop there. Get a routine going for your full body. Im kinda a n00b still but it feels fucking good!

Hellz yeah HOPS5K

Been doing it for 25+ yrs, but not too big size. Just fit as I can be. Do 75-100 pushups a day and do 15-20 lb arm weights. Do reps of 20 with pushups and reps of 15 with arm weights. I also walk two miles a day. Unable to run, though. I'm in my late 50s and feel like I'm in good shape with one little exception, I have severe arthritis of the spine. I learned that doing the exercise keeps me out of a wheelchair.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Damm canna. You're doing your thing at that age. Hope I get the same spirit to do the same when I get your age.

Hey Hop, I'm down with the challenge man...

OP

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4994b2b0c29093ce8600eb3607741820.jpg

From the funny Picture tread but applicable

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd rather lift heavy weights at the gym. I do upper body workouts 3 days a week, lower body 2 days. I'd lose a lot of size and strength switching to a light weight / high rep daily routine.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
I really need to get my semi fat ass into shape shit the only excercise I get is fucking, carrying water jugs and walking the dogs. But hey I'm honest sooo I got that going for me, wich is sweet!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Sweet...thanks for checking it out guys/gals.

I just finished my 100..did it over the course of the day..every hour do 20..still feels freaking awesome...it gets easier every day, too..I have a feeling I'm going to have to add another 20 very soon.

I was going to the gym, but then I got to my weight I'm happy with and just started doing pushups and crunches..I'm really seeing more definition in my chest and arms, upper back.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I do several hundred curls..i keep a bench mid level near the stairs out back ..waist level ..15 lb bar and weights up to a couple hundred..i just do curls with like 35 lbs every time I go by 20 times...yeehaw..aint shit compared to ocean kayaking for 8 or more hours..endurance is key for me not peak performance ....I need all day go

Dirt Life

Veteran
Incline pushups & weighted crunches ftw! I'm at 15lbs for the crunches, and a door gym for inclines. Regular pushups are cake, now... On a busy day I do 100 inclines/50 weighted crunches, double if I have time & energy (I also have physically demanding job). I also love HIIT running, my own way, which is anywhere between an hour or two; breaking down to 10 minute segments, 7 minute brisk jog/run and 3 minute "as fast and hard as I can" running. Indoors, I also use 2.5lbs weights in each hand on the 7 minute brisk jog. I hit freeweights occasionally, but I prefer Bruce Lee cut over Lou Ferigno big.

Minus the little things like the weights and door gym, most of that can be accomplished with only a few minutes @ a time throughout the day. The running is done when I can, but that can really take a lot out of me, so I do that mainly on my days off. A couple members here are marthon runners and bike riders, and have some inspirational threads full of dank and their health conscience passions. Now this thread.. I'm in! Been in, and love it! True wealth is good health and wise ways.

:)

B

Baron Greenback

Moving up in increments of 5 at a time. I can now do 30 without feeling like death, I do that 5 times per day. Next week I'll be trying to get up to 35 a time, I want to be able to do 50 at a time by the end of May.
Good luck to everyone with this, it seems a really worthwhile thing to do; the spare tyre(s) is starting to go a bit and am toning up a bit too.
I think once you get beyond 1000 per week, the benefits will really start to show themselves.
Anyone do them after a doobie? That gets the blood pumping and gets me sooooo lean :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol at doing 100 pushups in five minutes.unless your a pro athlete its not gonna happen.here's the deal.the easiest and best thing you can do is wake an hour earlier than normal iand do as many pushups as you can then walk around the block then come back and do as many sit ups as you can then repeat in that order.and as you get better THEN you can start lifting free weights and go from there.figure it out and find a lifting style that works for you.oh by the way start cutting and doing high reps and then bulk and doing heavy weight.this is very good advice.if anybody knows a better way please let me know

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Lol at doing 100 pushups in five minutes.unless your a pro athlete its not gonna happen.here's the deal.the easiest and best thing you can do is wake an hour earlier than normal iand do as many pushups as you can then walk around the block then come back and do as many sit ups as you can then repeat in that order.and as you get better THEN you can start lifting free weights and go from there.figure it out and find a lifting style that works for you.oh by the way start cutting and doing high reps and then bulk and doing heavy weight.this is very good advice.if anybody knows a better way please let me know

Anyone looking into strength training should check these out.
Wendler 531

Rippetoe Starting Strength

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I used to do 500 push-ups a day while I was in jail for a stretch. No bullshit, no made up number. I stopped when my belly started hitting the ground before I was all the way down. From eating 3-4 packs of Ramen, besides the kick-ass food the jail had(seriously though, best friggin' jail food I have ever seen, reminded me of school lunches I loved so much in high school.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks Fire.will do.I'd also like to add my dad was in prison and would trade his meat for fruits and vegges and could bench 350lbs.now this might not sound a lot in power lifting circles but they are usually idiots and take cheating juice so I wouldn't listen to their advice.YES! You CAN BE VEGAN and still be strong! You just have to know your fruits and vegges and all the other edibles.kale has more protein than meat by the way

St. Phatty

Heck there should be a 100 push-up section at all Cannabis conferences. :woohoo:

On the other hand, out in Nevada, the Mustang Ranch has their own version of a 100 push-up challenge. :thank you: