What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 100 Push-ups A day Challenge

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today for me was overhead press, upright rows, dips, and pullups. :) Plus 20 minutes of light cardio, walking uphill on a treadmill.

Fitness becomes kind of an addiction at some point. Pushups aren't enough when you're used to spending over hour a day at the gym five days a week.

I am working up to 200 situps, 200 pushups, 200 squats, and 20 pullups.

That and getting my clean and press up to 200 lbs.

My cardio turned to crap so I am hitting the jump rope a lot more nowdays too.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
You still hanging in there? Still getting those reps done? Me, yeah, I'm still doing them...up to 125 a day now...not really seeing much more in the way of results..it just got way easier, but now it seems like maintenance.

Now that the weather is good, I actually started hiking, too. Been a couple times this week..one 30 min. hike and then another 1hr hike on Friday. Lots of hills, some flat, some downhill. The first hike, my legs felt like lead going uphill..it was hard as hell to get momentum.

Anyways, keep toking and doing them pushups..get that v shape and those lat wings homie, lol :)

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You'll have to do some kind of rows or pullups if you want that v shape with lats. Deadlifts help too. Pushups mostly work the pecs, triceps, and front delts.

corky1968

Veteran
If you lay on your back and push your arms up.

I bet you can do a 1000 push ups like me.

Make sure you wear sunglasses of the sun may blind you. :tiphat:

N

noyd666

splitting fire wood and stacking and carting it inside and running around all day is enough fuk'n exercise for this old chap lol, gotta keep something in reserve ya know.

BudToaster

Veteran
Are you man enough...man? Can you handle taking maybe 5 minutes out of your day to 100 simple pushups? If you can, you will see some awesome results...guaranteed.

I started doing this a week ago. I started at 50 a day and when I got to 100, I thought I would see if any other stoners out there would like to participate.

It seems like a lot of pushups, but it's really not.

Thanks for your thread ... it has motivated me to seriously add pushups to my daily strength routine, which i added to my daily fitness routine after i turned 65.

old fucks loose muscle mass as they age, so i decided to start using my Bowflex Xtreme2 every day, starting exactly three years ago. it's been good ... side benefit is more testosterone pumping through the body.

pushups is a good addition.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I'm still doing the pushups every day...I even added some yoga at night time before bed which really stretches me out and relaxes me. Weed goes good with yoga for some reason :)

BudToaster

Veteran
@HOPS5K

don't know if you knew this but Herschel Walker (Heisman Trophy winner) has a unique fitness routine: 750 to 1500 push-ups and 2000 sit-ups per day ... i've always thought that was a little weird, now i'm not so sure.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I have heard of that Herschel Walker routine actually, it's intense. I would imagine you'd see some great results though...but holy hell, 750 pushups...I guess it would get easier as time went on, but man, that's impressive.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
If it's all the same to you, I'll just skip the pushups and go straight to the cool down . . .

picture.php

B

Baron Greenback

Managed to get it to 40 per session now, this old fat arse now does 240 per day :) Need to dig over the veg patch, that must help too, surely.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Axe wood chopping is best exercise by far. Will build your core. If possible strengthen your core before you start the push ups. You will progress much better!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
100 push-ups in a day? i couldn't eat that much ice cream in a dang week! well, maybe if they were different flavors. lime, orange, etc...:)