What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 100 Push-ups A day Challenge

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
This is so awesome!! I'm so glad to hear all of these stories :) You guys ever try to take a big hit, hold it in and try to do 3 or 4 pushups, then blow it out...kinda makes me light headed, but it's a cool trick.

I am still going, too. I usually hop on and browse Toker's Den after I do my first set...I did move up to sets of 25 recently..still do a minimum of 100, sometimes 200 if I'm really feeling it .maybe it's the gains from lifting at the gym. Weight is slowly going down every week or two..not much, but I'm closer to my goal of 200 lbs.

It's amazing what a stoner can do given the time and motivation...after you see the positive results, you just want to keep going, no matter how much weed you smoke. Being able to feel muscle on your chest, arms and back instead of flab feels pretty good :)

Keep it going everyone!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Make sure to work the back too, guys. Lots of pull-ups. It's not good when the chest is way more developed than the back and the shoulders start to pull forward.

BudToaster

Veteran
yeah, i'm trying ... can't do a complete pull-up (palms down) yet, can do one chin-up (palms up) ... so i do leg lifts while i'm hanging on the bar - feels like it is working the core.

mexicani-ar

I'm definitely down for this challenge, I been working out for a while, I went from weighing 220 Ibs to 183 Ibs, the 28th of this month will mark 2 years and 8 months that I have been sober, and I intend to keep my self sober, saludos Mexicani-ar

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
yeah, i'm trying ... can't do a complete pull-up (palms down) yet, can do one chin-up (palms up) ... so i do leg lifts while i'm hanging on the bar - feels like it is working the core.

Fuck yeah, leg lifts while hanging are great for the core.

Do a little googling about the benefits of just straight hanging (palms down) without pulling yourself up. It's really good for people with shoulder problems, but it will also help build your grip strength and traps which will help when you get into pull-ups.

Keep up the good work!

B

bionicchronic

when i was locked up i did 1001 push ups a day followed by 500 pullups the next day then legs (the worst) then a day of rest. i went in 6'2 145 came out 190 but now im 145 again cause all i do is smoke pot and play battlefeild and fuck. lol but yeah 100 a day is a good place to start i might jump in. i need to get back in shape at least some what