What's new

THC's 2009 outdoor grow

THC123

Veteran
Thx Paddi

On a side note , i am gonna try to cure the manitoba medicine the way franco from Gh does it.

I myself have had succes this way in the past. So i always fuck my weed up in glass jars , that's why i am gonna try to let them cure in cardboard boxes for 2 weeks-a month.

I chose the manitoba medicine cuz she has been drying for a month is still a bit moist , but she was beginning to lose taste , i think i shouldn't have exceeded 2 weeks drying , so for the other strains i will dry 10 14 days cuz at that point smell is best.

Curing is the only thing i find so difficult , i just want to keep my herb tasting and with same potency as when they are just dry

THC123

Veteran
Almost.......done.....cutting.....argh .....fingers........cramping......up

just.....one.....more.....week:laughing:

:abduct:

Sorry that i haven't checked any other topic guys , i just m so busy ,

In a week i will update and look into icmag properly again

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
sorry bout all the mold my friend, happy it looks like you are pulling a great harvest anyway!

THC123

Veteran
Thx E
The mold is ok actually only one guerillia frisian and then the big frisian at my home have lots of mold , the rest was really ok mold wise , i think she will yield me 300-400 grams instead of a kilo :( :(

I am now harvesting the second part of my canadian girl in the greenhouse , she is very sticky , i never had so much schaartjeshash come off of a plant.

After almost every branch i have to clean the scissors i love it. She has strange buds that seem to be made up of empty seedpods , i know all bud is just that , but this one really looks like one seedpod stacked onto the other.

It smells fruity but in a sour kind of way , it's not very sweet. But she smells delicious. I think it is a guerillia gold because the smell from this one resembles one guerillia gold i grew , the manitoba medicina smells sweeter.

Pics will follow i'm just gonna continue cutting. On my greenhouse lady i don't have much mold which also is exceptional.

Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
here a few pics
img29681517188.jpg

img29671458772.jpg

img29641357169.jpg

img29891886236.jpg

member dubite came by , apparently he lives very close to me , what a coincidence

He made ice hash from frisian dew buds that had little mold on them and i continued cutting.

I wasn't too happy with the result at first , but i cured them a few days like dubite said and now the hash smells good and is soft to smoke with my pipe.

He showed me a way so i can still get something of the rotting frisian in my garden of doom

Needless to say i am gonna buy me some ico o lator bags

img29901898913.jpg

i also returned to my guerillia and harvesdted the second half of a frisian that turned from greenish to purple in one frosty week and 2 other small green frisians.

i was impressed with the yield. Also they where very ripe and almost no mold , what a difference with my garden.

So this year i have had 2 frisian plants with lots of mold but all the other frisians performed VERY well , beautiful weed , one frisian at my buddies yielded 1700 grams(3+ pounds)

My friends who also helped me harvested my guerillia nlx cali orange and frisian.

I have seen the yield of the cali o and will take pics , she only had 5 liters of good soil the rest native soil but she yielde very well!!

img29921925355.jpg

img29941971487.jpg

img29931952856.jpg

img29962020979.jpg

img29972045293.jpg

img29982059589.jpg

img29992100407.jpg

And here the guerillia gold from my greenhouse i totally neglected her and only wtared her a few times in her entire life , but she did well

img30332996386.jpg

img30322919091.jpg

img30322919091.jpg

the buds are all stacked seedpods
img30282865016.jpg

img30272852742.jpg

img30252826611.jpg

img30212747449.jpg
img30242814442.jpg

img30172564110.jpg

she is very sticky and is sooo beautiful , the contrast of the yellow buds with the orange hairs, almost all her trichs are milky

i was afraid she would get mould cuz of the big indica nugs , but she did very very well , so i would say that the greens gear , for me up to know are the best outdoor genetics and then the frisian. i like the greens gear cuz it is all indica and has a smell and taste i really like and also a good effect. I loved both the manitoba med and the guerillia gold that i harvested oon guerillia. plus normally they are very early

dread

Veteran
Thx E
The mold is ok actually only one guerillia frisian and then the big frisian at my home have lots of mold , the rest was really ok mold wise , i think she will yield me 300-400 grams instead of a kilo :( :(

I am now harvesting the second part of my canadian girl in the greenhouse , she is very sticky , i never had so much schaartjeshash come off of a plant.

After almost every branch i have to clean the scissors i love it. She has strange buds that seem to be made up of empty seedpods , i know all bud is just that , but this one really looks like one seedpod stacked onto the other.

It smells fruity but in a sour kind of way , it's not very sweet. But she smells delicious. I think it is a guerillia gold because the smell from this one resembles one guerillia gold i grew , the manitoba medicina smells sweeter.

Pics will follow i'm just gonna continue cutting. On my greenhouse lady i don't have much mold which also is exceptional.

hey T.,that sounds like a GG to me too,all the descriptions fit with mine
grtz
D.

Greens

Beautiful looking GG nugs, THC! Yes, I'm quite sure those are GG buds and not Manitoba Medicine. They just look like pure GG buds. That frisian dew looks quite nice as well. I'm glad you got the Guerilla Gold finished even though there was light pollution. Yeah, those buds look ripe enough now. I was hoping to see a whole plant picture when finished because I think you grew the largest GG plant ever. The latest, yes, but also the largest! Do you think you can let us know the total yield from that plant after it's dry? I'm very curious.

I'm glad you enjoyed my strains so much this year. I'm jealous that I couldn't grow any this year. lol. Well, I still have lots from last year staying fresh in the freezer, so I'm OK. Anyway, good job with your grow this year. You did very well!

Greens

THC123

Veteran
High greens

yeah good job you did on those , will the manitoba still be available next year? or only the gg5?

Here are pics from 10 days ago

img29478803002.jpg

img29488820911.jpg

img29428840010.jpg

img29468858227.jpg

Here is the neglected gg , she almost never got water i always forgot , and it was difficult to try to enter the greenhouse cause of the frisian
too bad that cuz of the leaves you can't see the buds properly , but she had really big buds , short but big nugs. I topped her once and then pulled her horizontally and then 3.5 months ago i pulled her open with ropes

This plant doesn't smell a lot when flowering so that is a good thing , it smells if you go close but it doesn't reel up the neighbourhood , the frisian does smell a lot more.

I think this will yield me more than the big frisian in my garden simply cuz i don't have much mold on the GG. My bet now is she coudl yield approx 300 grams , she is 3/4 times as bg as a regular gg or mm

Hey greens i read in your reply that you are also a weed freezer:D

I could use advice on this. Let's just say curin g and glass jars aren't for me.

In 2007 i froze my harvest and it went well , in 2008 it was too dry.

But my question to you is , when can you freeze your buds? i read they have to be extra dry for it or the cells will burst. But when it is too dry i don't like it.

I like weed when the stem just snaps and the weed crumbles but still is sticky , can weed be frozen at this point?(after 10-14 days drying?)

Another thing i have noticed and just tested with frisian dew buds is the following :

When i freeze them and take the buds out the next day , the smell to a lesser degree but especially the taste is a bit bland , it looses the sugary aftertaste.

you also should have noticed this, so what can i do about this? i freeze the weed in ironing bags that i cut to manageable sizes , i make bags of about 4-5 grams(i dont weigh).

Should i take it out leave the package clsed and let it come to temperature , or should i open it and leave the weed in the air for a few hours??? how can i make sure the weed is exactly the same as when i froze it?

Thx verdant green paddi and cheesebuds , now comes the for me hateful , most difficult , confusing part of growing , storing the weed and making sure the qualtiy stays the same got so many different phenos all at different points , it's maddening , one frisian already is too dry:wallbash:

I have been having troubles with this sincei began and still haven't mastered it properly

THC123

Veteran
still cutting the gg , what a lovely plant , she is gonna give a good yield i am now harvesting the smaller buds

img30379780699.jpg

img30389794977.jpg

img30409820916.jpg

img30419831666.jpg

img30429844678.jpg

img30449873346.jpg

img30459884767.jpg

img30479908351.jpg

she gives lots and lots of scissor hash this is from cutting 4 hours with 3 people
i think tomorrow she will be totally harvested and i will have cut 3 days on my own and 1 day with 3 people only on this plant:yeahthats:yeahthats that's a good sign

Greens

Beautiful plant, THC. Yeah, she's quite the monster. My guess is she will yield way more than 300 grams because 300 grams is not a record for GG and yours looks bigger than any I've seen. My guess is she is over a pound, which would be a record for GG.

About freezing herb, yes, you can freeze it at about 14 days when it's still quite sticky. I find it preserves the smell and taste better that way. I hung up all my herb to dry for about 12 days. Then, I put them in ziploc bags for a day or two to even out the moisture before freezing. If anything felt too wet after being in the bag for a day, I would leave the bag open to dry for one more day before freezing. The stems would snap, but the buds were still very sticky. I would freeze it by packaging them in single ounce ziplock bags, then I would put a bunch of those in a large freezer bag. Then I put the large freezerbags inside large tupperware containers (hard plastic containers that seal). So, the buds are protected by three layers. It seems to work out very well. Every time I take a bag out of the freezer, it seems so fresh and tasty. I left some stuff out in jars the whole time (over a year now) and that stuff is tasting pretty stale in comparison to the frozen herb.

OK, I'm looking forward to hearing how much you got for a final yield.

Greens

THC123

Veteran
thx that is exactly the kind of explanation i wanted. Too bad i missed the boat on the manitoba med. She is still tasty but not so fresh anymore.

I will let you know the final yield i borrowed a libra. In 14 days you will know.

A pound could be possible as i have already 3 layers of my drying tent full of them buds and still got lots of plant standing , still 1 or 2 days cutting

grtz:abduct:

THC123

Veteran
Thx mate

img30592988088.jpg

img30602999761.jpg

still cutting the gg:yoinks::yoinks: i hope to finish her tomorrow , she looks sexier every day now and she is beginning to get amber trichs

I am sooo glad when cutting is over oh sooo glad:1help:

keke.nz

^ Good call Barefoot..

Hey THC, hope the trimming is over soon for your fingers haha. Everything looks amazing you did a good job. That GG should definitely give a nice yield.

Well done and grats on a good season.

Peace keke :joint:

THC123

Veteran
Thx guys

me 5 more days of cutting tilll i am done:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Still haven't finished the GG:yoinks::wallbash::yoinks::yoinks:
I still have about one day cutting left on her. But since the amount of mold is neglectable i will do this after tomorrow

But tomorrow i am gonna cut the popcorn buds at my buddies place andthen try to save some buds on the frisian plant at my place.

I have about half a pound worth opf buds left on her but it's a real pain in the ass to search for buds that aren't rotten. Never seen such a moldy plant and never lost so much.

I think cuz she became sick just for flowering. She had leaf tips that had become brittle and started to rot and once a plant is sick disease spreads faster.

Pffff now a nice pipe of scissor hash:yeahthats
:abduct::yoinks::abduct:

Latest posts

Latest posts