What's new

THC's 2009 outdoor grow

THC123

Veteran
Hello,

I am happy to announce that i started my 2009 outdoor grow.

Weather is still gay here and there is not enough hours of sunlight.

So i am pregrowing them in my homebox now under duo fluor 2*55w and one 40 W TL color 33 tube.

My homebox is located in my cellar so it's pretty cold there.

I have 2 heating mats running now but one of them , the bigger one, doesnt work properly anymore, only goes to 16 degrees celsuis.

So i am gonna buy me a new one. or maybe 2 cuz i will surely need them in winter.

Atm temperature is only 17 degrees at the bottom and 21-22 degrees at the tips of the plants(nlx cuttings)

My new seedlings have 27-28 bottom temperature and 24 in the propagator

They are on the mat that is still working. I give the new seedling priority over the nlx cutting that are already rooted.

In time i am gonna move my homebox inside my house cuz of the cold temps.

Anywho i am sure they will grow just fine once i get a new heating mat so i will be albe to place all plants on the heating mats.

Anywho enough rambling here are my plans:

one big ass frisian dew in a big ass hole i am digging now , it will be 300-400 liters:D

One guerilla gold nr 2

One manitoba medicine

One of these 2 will go in the greenhouse

Lr2 seedgrow in the greenhouse , ak47 automatic seedgrow(f3 i got f2's from someone)

I have started germing the frisian dews yesterday and i am waiting for my GG and MM seeds but there is no rush there.

I am VERY happy with the frisian dew seeds , they set a new record for me , so i started germing them at 23 o clock yesterday and around 11.30 o clock the next morning they where all cracked open showing their white tails.

I hope i will do in time to take a cutting of each plant and finish them indoors so i known which pheno what plant is.

I certainly DONT want the dark purple frisian cuz i don't like it.

I want the green one or the skunky one with purple /blue/pinks color , or maybe a new undiscovered pheno(i mean undiscovered for me lol).

img13343734552.jpg

img13363727547.jpg

Here are a few crappy pics.

I expect the FD to show their heads tomorrow or after tomorrow.

I will put them in my GH around the 20th of april to pregrow in pots untill i have my desired pheno and then i will put one of them in the big ass hole and the rest i will give away or finish indoors

Foto-IRSF7CPB.jpg

This is the pheno i want

:abduct:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking forward to this
great that you do both outdoor and greenhouse now

im also going to get a greenhouse soon and prolong the season as well as starting it earlier

THC123

Veteran
Yeah but the greenhouse will be limited to one plant and LR2 and auto ak47

FOr the rest tomatoes , peppers , paprika , cherry tomatoes ,eggplants and lots of other eatable stuff

I have a few thousand liters of canna soil mixtures that i collected over the years , it is perfect to use for veggies:D

THC123

Veteran
Have been busy in my garden today
img13574698632.jpg

This is the hole for the frisian dew.

I think i might have overdone it a little :D

I already put in 250 liters of soil but it is only half full.

Anywho i have started it nowso i gotta finish it.

Spent all day making soil mixtures for the frisian , i hope to be albe to finish tomorrow

img13584726371.jpg

This is the soil i will be using for the outdoor plants , it is all the soil i collected over the years. Normally i mix half new soil with half old soil , but this year i am gonna reuse all of it.

This because all plants where in pots last year so there was no contamination with our sandy soil.

I don't dare to use this soil indoors cuz i know there are spider mites in it.

Outdoors spider mites arent a real problem here cuz of the rain and low temp + high humidity , in the greenhouse they are also easy to combat , but indoors they are a disaster.

img13604780097.jpg

The new darlings , 5 times frisian dew and in the pot that seems empty in the back there is a newborn Nederzaad 2006. I am gonna put the Nederzaad indoors to flower.

img13634832597.jpg

3 NLX cutting , the left one is in bad shape cuz the bag of soil in which i transplanted them was outdoors , so the soil was wet , i won't giove her water for a week or so.

They all have spider mites even thoug i cleaned my homebox with bleach and i sprayed all my plants.

But yesterday i bough BAC plant vitality which kills eggs and mites and is non toxic and you can also treat the soil with it.

All of my fellow grower buddies say this thing works very well , so i hope this will help me get rid of those pesky bastards.

One other mistake i made was to transplant them to plagron royalty mix , it is too strong for young plants , but i didnt have time to make my own soil.

img13624815562.jpg

As you can see the cuttings have also had cold stress. In my homebox which is in a cellar , it is pretty cold.

They where under the duo fluor for a few days without heating pads.

I boght myself a 250 watt hps now.

But NOTHING beats the sun , so during the day i put them in my greenhouse , outside it is cold but in the GH it is 25 degrees when the sun shines:woohoo:

So i also have been making soil mixtures today.

Cuz i was reusing the soil i only added half the dose of npk pellets , that should be more than enough , if not i can always throw pellets n the soil later.

So i dug a big hole , the bottom 100 liters or so are flowering mix , the middle will be veging mix and the top part will be veging mix for young plants , I work with different layers cuz i won't be able to transplant them when they are in full soil.

Here are a few recipes

!!So when i germ seedling i wait for their first set of leaves to develop and when they begin their second pair i put one npk pellet in every corner of the pot.

Then i put them in vegging mix for young plants :

6 liters of universal potting soil
2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
4 spoons of lime
2 spoons of npk pellets
6 spoons of worm castings

Then after this they are transplanted in the vegging mix for more developed plants

2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
2 spoons of lime
4-6 spoons of npk pellets
600 ml of worm casting or actisol

Then for flowering

2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
1 spoon of lime
8-10 spoons of npk pellets
900ml of worm casting or actisol
1.5 spoon of bone meal
0.75 spoon of blood meal
0.5 spoon of Kal(but i change my npk pellets in flowering from 7-3-5 to 6-4-11 so i don't add kalium when using these pellets)

This is assuming u make the soil for the first time , when reusing i half the dose and i just add 10 liters of old soil and no extra cocos or perlite although you always could add a little.

img13654862341.jpg

these are the organic npk pellets 7-3-5 from ecostyle that i use for vegging

img13684914428.jpg

These are the 6-4-11 pellets i usefor flowering they also contain bacteria

img13694925589.jpg

I use this ecostyle lime with bacteria

img13724963011.jpg

blood meal

img13714950454.jpg

bone meal

img13704937475.jpg

Kali

img13734975377.jpg

worm castings

img13744991866.jpg

cocopeat

img13755014237.jpg

actisol soil enhancer/compost/stimulates microlife

img13765039684.jpg

perlite

img13785087984.jpg

universal potting soil

img13835174286.jpg

vegging soil mix

img13825157109.jpg

flowering mix with actisol instead of worm casting(expensive and hard to find here)

After making the soil mixtures i cover the soil and make it moist , this wy it will fermentate and the soil will become softer for the plants(for the roots i mean)

Always let it fermentate 2 weeks minimal before putting plants into this.

If u want to add liquid ntues u should make the soil mixtures less strong , of feed them liquid at 1/4 -1/* 1/2 the dose

Now lets hope those guerilla gold get here soon.

THC123

Veteran
Thx huys , just finished mixing the soil and filling the hole for the frisian dew.

Tomorrow i will make smaller holes for the guerilla gold, manitoba medicine and i will prepare the patch for the coming LR2 seedrun.

I also have lots of lowryder one seeds that i want to get rid of , LR 1 is nice , but the buds are too small , so i am gonna put ne here and there.

But i will have to wait untill april 20th to put them outside , it's freezing again at night -5 degrees :(

THC123

Veteran
Small update

img14366078895.jpg

img14386097464.jpg

The nlx cuttings have finally recovered from the spider mite attack , the new shoots are looking fine.

I have nute burn issues now with them cuz i transplanted them to plagron royalty mix. But i had no choice , they will survive, the new shoots don't show sign of burn. I filled the top 5 cm of the pot with unfertilized soil , but still the royalty mix was too much.

img14426058263.jpg

My homebox with the duo fluor. I put aliminium foil on the sides and on top to reflect as much light. It's a cheap solution but it works.

Under the duo fluor i have the 3 nlx cuttings in 1.5 liter pots and a propagator with seedlings and 2 glas cups with water and seeds.

img14396117252.jpg

The 5 frisian dews are doing quite well , the small plant is nederzaad 2006 , it just germed.

The seedlings are in unfertilized soil. But at this stage , when they begin to develop the second set of leaves , i put 4 npk pellets in their pots , one pellet in each corner. This way they will eat slowly , bit by bit., "eat well my darlings, eat the shit i gave you:D"

img14406139502.jpg

In the 2 glas cups i have nederzaad 2005 and nederzaad 2006 , the seeds are 5 -6 years old and very tough to germ. Since i moved them from my bedroom into the propagator they ware beginning to crack. ONly 2 of the 20 up to now. Lets wait and see

img14416162104.jpg

On the new heating mat i bought(bio green) it is a constant 18-21 degrees.

So that was it for now , i got 18 old seeds in water now , hope they germ.

THC123

Veteran
Thx, well I was told by our deceased member Asanoha , that this soil mix minus the cocos and a few other things i tweaked , was used in the good old positronics.

Asanoha used to work there. So where doing this old style 80's:D

Thank you asanoha for teaching me lots of stuff , RIP:mad:

THC123

Veteran
Yay my guerilla gold 2 , 3 and 5 and my manitoba meds have arrived:dueling:

Does anyone know if it makes sense to pregrow them under 24 hrs for 2 months??

I heard that they could begin autoflowering

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
Yay my guerilla gold 2 , 3 and 5 and my manitoba meds have arrived:dueling:

Does anyone know if it makes sense to pregrow them under 24 hrs for 2 months??

I heard that they could begin autoflowering

i don't will veg them under 24h, then the possibility of autflowering is a lot higher than veg under 18/6 or 17/7

THC123

Veteran
Hey buddah yeah before putting them outside i swtich back to 18/6 in the course of a week(everyday one hour less)

I HAVE to keep them on 24h now cuz my homebox is in a cellar and without the lights on it is just tooo cold(5-8 degrees celsuis) ,,with lights on it is 23-25.

But in this case , i will just germ those guerilla golds later , around 10 th of april and then as soon as possible in their big ass hole(seems the best option for that strain)

Hey cheesebuds , i will take some pics this weekend , nothing special going on , they are growing fine but they are still young.

Those nlx cutting , even though they are still small , already smell like sweet bud:D

Later guys

THC123

Veteran
thank you beaucoup

Here a few fresh pics

The 20 Nederzaad 2005 and nederzaad 2006 seeds are stilll the same , only 2 n2006 have germed.

I am just gonna plant them in soil out of frustration to see if they will pop.

It's strange cuz the seeds are not that old , let's say 5-6 years old.

And the n2005*2006 that has same age pops like a charm.

Too bad. Shit happens

scaled.php

The nlx cuttings are beginning to recover really well from the spider mites adn the nute burn combined with soil that was too wet.(soil had been outside for a year)

They have started to grow and the new shoots dont show anymore signs of burn

scaled.php

scaled.php

The frisian dews are growing really well nice strong plants and 100% germ rate within 13 hours , let's hope for a good pheno

img14539196777.jpg

The last nederzaad 2006 that popped is beginning to surface

Will begin to germ the guerilla gold 2 , 3 and manitoba medicine in 10 days.

:abduct:

oh yeah a question about duo fluors : does anyone know close they are allowed to get to the plants without causing burns?, They are now at approx 10 centimeters from the lamps

THC123

Veteran
Hello , ,

I have a question :

I transplanted my frisian dew todday to 1.5 liter pots , just like the ones my nlx cuttings are in.

So in total i have 8 plants now that are growing under the duo fluor.

But because i transplanted the FD i just have enough space now for 8 plants under the duo fluor.

But I also bought myself a 250 watt HPS with a sylvana bulb in the veg spectrum . But it is still orange(the light it emits)

So i have the following "dilemma" -->

I have to wait untill the 20th of april to put my plants outside cuz of the light cycle and cuz of the temperatures.

But because the weather is so good now during the day i also wanted to begin germing Lowryder 2 and guerilla gold 2 , 3 and manitoba medicine.
This way i can put them outside around the 20th of april and they will be strong enough and they will be able to profit from the extra sunrays.

But i just don't have enough space cuz the duo fluor isn't capable of lighting a bigger surface unless i hang it higher , but that would cause stretch.
Now i just wanted to replace the duo fluor with the hps 250 Watt.

it's just that i know plants prefer light in the blue spectrum when they are young. This to promote more females(also high humidity and lower temps more N)

I also wanted to make cuttings.

So would this be a bad idea?? I will have enough light but it won't be blue
Or should i just buy a second duo fluor(and spend money)

I am new to indoor growing(in this case pregrowing) and i don't have so much knowledge about lamps etc.

Can someone help me out?

THC123

Veteran
I just saw that the new bulb i bought is a metal halide bulb. So i guess it would be ok for vegging and making clones?