What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
you’ve got a lot going on!

looks like a productive springtime at your place. i like the idea of hiding small plants in the landscape for seed production. it’s so hard to wait until august to put them out tho! you could do little trash can deps or something?

thailer

i could do trash can dep possibly. i was talking to a friend who used to work for a breeder and he said i should flower out the females first and pick the keepers so that would eliminate quite a bit of plants to take care of. then he said to cull males that don't meet the requirements of structure because i will still have very little space. the whole reason i even wanted to buy seeds in the first place was to find a super resinous male. structure isn't really a top priority because if the male isn't compact, i can use it for alot of these mothers that have close internodes that could use some extra stretch and if it's compact like i'm expecting, then it will be used on the GMO. basically i want to just get some beans in my fridge because i am not sure what's gonna happen to the seed business with the phylos drama or even legalization has increased prices for genetics. i don't make a lot of money so i try to make due with what i can get for free or make myself. so far all i've had to pay for is gas to drive all over washington to get these mothers and some other mothers were traded for a loaf of banana bread and fudge candies. once i traded pumpkin pie cheesecake for some plants. lol Anyways, The room is getting pretty full and i am not sure exactly what is gonna happen. the veggie garden i've been digging has an aisle to walk in the middle that i can put plants in that should be well hidden. scheduling ahead of time is kinda tricky for me but i am thinking i will be able to keep plants outdoors in veg easier with extra lights on them than forcing bloom. i'm just gonna play it by ear because thinking about how its gonna work out proves stressful. hahah

thailer

Took some pics today of the SIP progress of Master Hemp that was transplanted on 4/22 under a 600w DE light off to the side not getting the best light. i'm going to increase the wattage soon. She was in a half full, 1/2 gallon pot? i was waiting forever for test results on several pheno's so she had a thick rootball at TP time. she went into a 27 gallon tote that has about 20 gallons of soil. the soil is 2 parts peat to 1 part each of castings and perlite.

the extra heavy peat moss base soil is to help wicking for the SIP to work and perlite was using because of it's superior wicking action compared to other aeration amendments. Eathbox planter boxes suggest using no compost and just a light perlite portion for wicking to work but i chose to use castings and use an older base formula mix with higher peat content. so far i've only added a couple gallons of compost tea to the top and its been very low maintenance compared to other plants in the room. i'm loving everything except how heavy all the soil and water rez is.

Here she is when i transplanted her on 4/22

picture.php

Here she is today. it took her a week to get her roots established and form new growth but she also is under a low wattage.

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

a week ago i went to visit an uncle i've barely known and during the visit he tells me him and his wife are dealing with neck and back surgeries. he lives on a farm and took me out behind his barn to show me some plants he is trying to grow because he heard CBD helps pain. i asked what kind are they because the plants had no tags and he didn't know.

So a week goes by and he wants to come up to my house to see my garden. my other uncle came up too and he wanted to see it. mind you, my uncles are in their 80's and before this month, cannabis was an evil word in my family. So it's been a really weird past couple weeks but they want salves for their arthritis and surgery pains.

i went and bought emu oil, menthol crystals, wintergreen essential oil, cassia eo, and kunzea eo which is an essential oil from Australia sold by Liberty Naturals that is supposed to be good for arthritis pain and inflammation. i hope so because it was more expensive than the emu oil. So far i've spent about $170 but bought in larger quantities. like the kunzea oil was $65 for a half cup and i found emu oil that looked like a good brand from australia 16 oz for $34 even though i had found emu oil from Louisianna. i guess it has to do with the species of emu and ones from australia are not allowed out of australia?

I found a couple recipes for pain oils i want to try out. i normally just make a basic beeswax salve using comfrey infused olive oil and peppermint eo. i want to make a roll on topical that is liquid oil and one that is a roll on like deodorant but its a hard salve. i just have one question and i figured i would try on this thread first before making a thread for a simple question.

Can i take hash or bho and mix it with the essential oils at room temp to liquify it? like if i took some dry ice hash and mixed it up in the wintergreen essential oil, wouldn't the EO super dissolve it?

thailer

wow. so i found out that wintergreen oil should not be used by people taking blood thinners like warfarin which is what a lot of my uncles are on. so i was kinda freaking out about spending a bunch on it and i found out cassia oil is basically cinnamon bark oil. really teach a person to google a bit further. so i called Liberty Natural Products this morning and they were awesome and fixed my order!! So now i spent a little bit more money but i am getting kunzea, basil linalool, 10 fold orange sweet, marjoram, ginger and rosemary camphor. i took the rest of the weekend to look more into essential oils and how they work for joint and nerve pain.

so all of the oils work to reduce pain but some are better at certain types of pain. basil linalool and marjoram are great for nerve pain while kunzea and camphor rosemary are better for muscle pain soreness. then it gets even more indepth! the different oils have different chemical makeup so theres monoterpenes and sesquisteterpenes etc and they all work together to erased and destroy bad cells and replace and reprogram healthy cells to generate. i lost the link to the info but i will dig it up later if anyone wants to read it. so i tried to pick oils that were a full spectrum of the plant instead of some like Camphor White which is processed so it is just camphor while rosemary camphor will have lots of different types of terpenes so i think it will work better than a single terpene oil. heres an example lab report: https://www.libertynatural.com/coa/48.htm

i'm pretty excited to try the new pain lotions! i don't really use them ever but loved ones around me are in pain so i'm hoping they all feel better and have a positive experience with cannabis.

ORange Cream at 7 weeks
picture.php

thailer

So Master Hemp is growing great in the SIP i made so i planted two more plants in the two sips that have been sitting there waiting. I have the other SIPs made up and I am waiting for soil from harvested plants to fill them up. i took clones of everyone, including the tranquil elephantizer. I'm just gonna toss the moms because the room is pretty filled up right now. i need to sit down tonight and schedule out when stuff will be ready to harvest so i can have the room empty for the cheese dog females. I think i am going to bloom just the girls out first and select the keeper i want. i'm expecting 8-10 females and that is more than enough for the room. they have five or more nodes right now and are a month old so should b soon to tell sex.

picture.php

mac1 buds smell kinda like baby poop? its a real unique smell. after harvest, i opened the door to the room with the hanging plants and i thought the cat got locked in there and shat but that wasn't quite the smell. realized it is the buds hanging to dry. the guy i got it from's buds smell similar but its not as intense and reminds me more of sage or herbs. the plant didn't do very well and was a blooper. the second round i want to say is doing better but she isn't. she is yellowing out and getting purple leaves early with eight more weeks left. she is a slow grower and i am thinking that maybe she is getting over watered. her pot is always wet even when i don't water for four days. She is one of the plants i put in the SIP in hopes that the amazing self watering will be what she likes and not my heavy hand...

picture.php

The One at 8 weeks. She is doing excellent and not giving me any fuss.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Master Hemp is growing great in the SIP i made so i planted two more plants in the two sips that have been sitting there waiting. I have the other SIPs made up and I am waiting for soil from harvested plants to fill them up. i took clones of everyone, including the tranquil elephantizer. I'm just gonna toss the moms because the room is pretty filled up right now. i need to sit down tonight and schedule out when stuff will be ready to harvest so i can have the room empty for the cheese dog females. I think i am going to bloom just the girls out first and select the keeper i want. i'm expecting 8-10 females and that is more than enough for the room. they have five or more nodes right now and are a month old so should b soon to tell sex.

View Image

mac1 buds smell kinda like baby poop? its a real unique smell. after harvest, i opened the door to the room with the hanging plants and i thought the cat got locked in there and shat but that wasn't quite the smell. realized it is the buds hanging to dry. the guy i got it from's buds smell similar but its not as intense and reminds me more of sage or herbs. the plant didn't do very well and was a blooper. the second round i want to say is doing better but she isn't. she is yellowing out and getting purple leaves early with eight more weeks left. she is a slow grower and i am thinking that maybe she is getting over watered. her pot is always wet even when i don't water for four days. She is one of the plants i put in the SIP in hopes that the amazing self watering will be what she likes and not my heavy hand...

View Image

The One at 8 weeks. She is doing excellent and not giving me any fuss.

Nice :tiphat:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have 3 SIPs. I added the EM1 to the reservoirs for the probiotic effect. I set them up exactly like you, because I didn’t want to drill the containers. Unfortunately one has gone completely anaerobic, the dipstick comes out with a foul smelling clear jelly sticking to it. The other 2 had good growth but one of them also has a funny smell. I don’t know if earthworms drowned themselves in the res as I did see some when I transplanted. The one that turned foul was not getting enough light for the plant to grow properly, which I guess could have contributed to anaerobic conditions.

thailer

i know a lot of people are into the em1 and probiotics but i don't see the point of adding it to the water. it should go in the soil and i don't know if by adding it to the water, would it be as effective as a soil application. mine have been sitting for multiple months before using them and the water is clear on two and yellow on one but thats it. i am using RO water.

i don't think they would drown because they can move through the perlite and there isn't a gap so i think they would be able to move up and down to regulate heat, water or air. i bet they're in there or they left the sip.

i don't think that getting slow growth and low light would contribute to that. what color is your tote? is it black? i would think that something like light would be causing it or possibly just maybe too much em1? sometimes i wonder if it is too acidic. my plants were hating it when i gave it to them but they were having some problems at the time. i've shy'd away since then.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Mmm yeah adding it to the water may not be a good idea then, they say it thrives in anaerobic conditions but that is not what I have found. Yes black tote, I’m going to try again with RO water. Thanks for the feedback :tiphat:

thailer

is it sitting on warm cement or something? hydro growers and cloning machines have similar issues with slime and weird growth due to light and heat. so those are my guesses. i'm really sorry.

thailer

i suppose it's worth mentioning that my well water when it sits out over a few days, gets a film on top and if i am soaking seeds, the film will start to rot the seeds if it sits for days. i have to change the water daily.

if i use RO water tho, i can let the water sit with seeds in it for days and i see zero film or weirdness. i think it is due to the bacteria in the ground water and mineral content of the water containing low levels of nitrates which are common to find in tap water. the RO just behaves differently in that regard to my tap water source.

thailer

so i took some pics of the girls in bloom. this round of orange cream is growing just amazing! the first time i grew her i didn't really do much to her and just let her grow how she wanted. she grew decent sized buds and they looked great. next round i tried to do LST and i took lots of cuts off of her to increase her yield but she didn't increase at all and buds were much smaller. i tried another round and got the same result. tried again and became frustrated. so this last round i just let her grow how she wanted and didn't take barely any cuts off of her and she is having her best round yet!! the nugs are fairly large and super dense with juicy fat calyxs. i am just pumped.

picture.php

picture.php

Then i got the mac1 that is not doing the best. her green has faded and she is getting some purple weirdness on the leaves. i know she goes purple but she just doesn't look like she is doing it due to genetics like the other plants do. so i don't know. she isn't as frosty as she was under the old single bulb HIDs. she stinks to high heaven though and really unique scent. sorry about the lights.

picture.php

then theres the north cascade cut of jelly breath. she really doesn't have much smell but my nose is always stuffed up. i can smell orange cream and mac but not her. her buds look great in a sack but i'm really not impressed whatsoever with her. she has nice potency. maybe i'll toss some tranquil elephantizer pollen on her and toss her. i'm told that her and mac 1 don't breed well. mac is supposed to be sterile and the jb produces mutants. i did see mac can herm and found a fair amount of male nanners but so far no seeds but who know. GMO nannered and i found a couple seeds on orange cream soooo. sounds like something to just stick in the vault.

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

read this study the other night https://www.researchgate.net/public...nalysis_of_Factors_Determining_Cannabis_Yield

thought it was pretty interesting. it compares canada's commercial grows and see who is producing the best yield. it talks some about lights and then at the end, it talks about genomic data, CRISPR and other phylos related stuff as it pertains to the future of cannabis breeding. some of the info was confusing but it's due to comparing so many different grow ops.

thailer

picture.php

picture.php

So i planted these clones in the SIP ten days ago and filled up the reservoir. the top soil is still moist and the plants are growing great. even mac1 which has been tempermental and never praying for me is actually raising her leaves up. the reservoir is about 3.5" deep and so its only used half the water in ten days. I am so happy and the plants are too.

When i up potted the cheese dog beans, the entire floor space was covered in the veg room. i also have a bunch of clones i need to take out of the cloner that will need floor space and then two weeks after that, i'll have clones of the cheese dog and the moms of those will start going into bloom. i was sweating bullets trying to figure out what i could do.

i considered taking out the bloom plants into the outdoors and then using both rooms to veg and eventually flip one room but i still think i will need more space. so i took out the veg plants into the outdoors and put them in the chicken house that's empty with a LED light above them and also in front of a window. i went out at dusk to see how bright the light was and it was really apparent so i shut it off. i am gonna see about getting a timer set today so the light turns on at 3:30 am because there's less traffic in the early morning and it's bright out when i woke at 5 am today. i just want to get this project finished so i can get my routine back. i just want some beans for my fridge as back up.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
As I said I have one SIP that turned totally anaerobic which I had to abort.

The other 2 are growing so well it is unbelievable. The water didn’t smell great after the EM was added but one has since run dry and I topped it up with pure RO water like you said, will do the same with the second one once it runs dry.

I’m going to top dress my dry amendments like I usually do but I also want to experiment with removing the soil and mixing the amendments into the soil evenly. I’m thinking in the case of top dressing the fungal hyphae will deliver the nutrients to the roots idk?

thailer

i've added malted barley tea, about a gallons worth to the sips top soil with the master hemp in it and it seemed to be fine. the plant didn't act overwatered and anything runoff went down into the sip.

i'm glad the other two are growing great!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Yes in my opinion SIPs are well worth investigating. So far it seems like the civilized way to grow. If I can eliminate hand watering, carry heavy buckets only to leach out all the nutrients, water all over their the floor, and the fucking container still stays dry. A no brainer!!