What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai

Keif Cake

Veteran
My 4x8 tent is a Vivosun.

So is my 4x4.

I'm not sure they're perfectly light-leak-proof, but my opinion of light leak issues is that it's bullshit, and a cop out for unstable genetics.
I haven't had my flower tents fully zipped for months, and regularly unzip a door to either help with heat in summer, or to finish a plant outside the tent while making room inside and wake up an hour or more after lights off to finally mostly zip it back closed.

RobFromTX

My 4x8 tent is a Vivosun.

So is my 4x4.

I'm not sure they're perfectly light-leak-proof, but my opinion of light leak issues is that it's bullshit, and a cop out for unstable genetics.
I haven't had my flower tents fully zipped for months, and regularly unzip a door to either help with heat in summer, or to finish a plant outside the tent while making room inside and wake up an hour or more after lights off to finally mostly zip it back closed.

I used to unzip mine during the day. Now i just leave it closed and run an intake fan all day to reduce the chances of lightleak in the bedroom. Ive had my vivosun 5x5 for 3 years now and its held together quite well with very minor wear and tear

Keif Cake

Veteran
I used to unzip mine during the day. Now i just leave it closed and run an intake fan all day to reduce the chances of lightleak in the bedroom. Ive had my vivosun 5x5 for 3 years now and its held together quite well with very minor wear and tear
My fan runs all day, id imagine the Humidity isnt all that different for you and me, unless you're further West than i imagine.

I used to somehat worry about light leaks before i started doing this 7 or 8 months ago. I think the 4x8 is gong on 3 years, could be 4, i may have gotten it in 2020 and other than the mylar on the liner pan separating looks and zips as good as new, think i spent Stimulus check on it, AC infinity fan, and Spider Farmer light.

Cactus Squatter

Bummer of an evening, I was just in with the Thai grow and found white fly and their larva all over the place. I’ve been away from them for a bit and didn’t catch it in time to effectively remove them so I’m going to have to cull this grow and bomb my tent.

I’m going to take cuttings of all of them tomorrow and put them in quarantine for another Thai grow later on.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Bummer of an evening, I was just in with the Thai grow and found white fly and their larva all over the place. I’ve been away from them for a bit and didn’t catch it in time to effectively remove them so I’m going to have to cull this grow and bomb my tent.

I’m going to take cuttings of all of them tomorrow and put them in quarantine for another Thai grow later on.

Bummer for sure.. How do you think they got in there?

HarleyJammer

Veteran
It’s hard to keep them and aphids out this time of year, all it takes is one flying into the tent when I work on things and boom.
Pretty sure these ones got into the house on a plant I was drying in early December.

I never had to deal with white flies.. went to war with spider mites.. I'm thinking about trying out SNS209 on this batch of Thai A5 Haze and Mountain Gold.

Cactus Squatter

I never had to deal with white flies.. went to war with spider mites.. I'm thinking about trying out SNS209 on this batch of Thai A5 Haze and Mountain Gold.
It sucks if they take off breeding. It’s just like having aphids, they get sticky crap and dead bodies on everything, plus little white wings everywhere. They also apparently don’t require a mate to reproduce so just 1 getting in can explode if not caught and treated.
I don’t spray anything in flower due to my wife’s sensitivities so all I can do is cull 😞
Oh well, it’ll give me a better chance of some control with these next time, they got a little big. 😂

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I got some beans for these beauties. Has anyone tried to grow them 12/12 from seed yet? I'll need to find some way to keep them in check in my 5x5 growtent. SCROG maybe?

Any of those strawberry or lemony scents coming through yet? It appears bud production will be pretty good on that lady

Hi @RobFromTX like other friends commented here, to avoid tropical plants overgrowing indoor space from seed:
IIRC, Senor Dubi recommends starting in 1-3L containers then upsizing right before the end of the stretch. In my upcoming Thai/A5 and Mountain Gold grows I'm going to give it a try.
yeah, i had to relisten to the interview because i'm kinda ocd and hes talking about 3 liters. 😅
and also starting from sexually mature clones will shorten the flowering time.
its in the beginning of the second part of the interview with heavy daze on the potcast.
episodes 56 and 56.5
a good listen.

You can start them at 12/12 although for a stronger transition you can grow them at 14/10 then switch to 11/13 to start flowering. The strawberry terpene profiles are not so frequent in the line like others, but can be found.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Really sorry to hear it @Cactus Squatter but it's a wise move. Better make sure everything is clean before continue with the grow ... it can be a pain in the *** to go through the whole flowering battling with plagues to finish with a mediocre finished product. Hope you can sterilize the clones and re start the grow.

RobFromTX

Hi @RobFromTX like other friends commented here, to avoid tropical plants overgrowing indoor space from seed:

You can start them at 12/12 although for a stronger transition you can grow them at 14/10 then switch to 11/13 to start flowering. The strawberry terpene profiles are not so frequent in the line like others, but can be found.

Thanks for the info guys. I was under the impression that you should only start with small pots if they're clones and not seeds? This is very helpful though as i dont have a big grow tent to begin with. Im going to run some new caledonias first, my wifes request, but i'll get to this gem later in the year