What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai

Keif Cake

Veteran
I had them in less than half gallons for sure before going into these pots at flower. They probably all stayed in something like 3 inch pots i start them in, and maybe one slight uppotting at several weeks old

RobFromTX

3 gallon will produce a nice sized plant for sure.

These Thai x DCT certainly didn't start in 3 gallon pots, and arent now. Maybe 2 gallons of soil each, with room to uppot in same pot other than the orange pot and it has a 4 foot plant
View attachment 18941796 View attachment 18941797 View attachment 18941798

Now thats a beast :love:

How are yours smelling? Any of those strawberry or lemony scents coming through yet? It appears bud production will be pretty good on that lady

Keif Cake

Veteran
Now thats a beast :love:

How are yours smelling? Any of those strawberry or lemony scents coming through yet? It appears bud production will be pretty good on that lady
I wish a Strawberry Thai would emerge.
Lemony is what i described one of the Thai mothers as in flower.

The one of these i previously finished was incensey, and the smoke of it is far from motivating, i had trouble staying up the other morning on it.

The tallest one here isnt far enough along for any terps. The better developed one has a gunpowder smell to it.

RobFromTX

@RobFromTX i think ive heard @dubi say in the interview on the potcast that you should start sativas in small pots, maybe 3 or 5 liter (1gallon is a little under 4 liters) if i remember correctly, and only transplant after the stretch is over.
hope i dont remember it wrong.
good luck! :)

Thanks buddy. I'll look online for some disposable 1 gallons. Im sure that stretch on this strain lasts 2 months haha

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@RobFromTX i think ive heard @dubi say in the interview on the potcast that you should start sativas in small pots, maybe 3 or 5 liter (1gallon is a little under 4 liters) if i remember correctly, and only transplant after the stretch is over.
hope i dont remember it wrong.
good luck! :)
IIRC, Senor Dubi recommends starting in 1-3L containers then upsizing right before the end of the stretch. In my upcoming Thai/A5 and Mountain Gold grows I'm going to give it a try.

RobFromTX

IIRC, Senor Dubi recommends starting in 1-3L containers then upsizing right before the end of the stretch. In my upcoming Thai/A5 and Mountain Gold grows I'm going to give it a try.

May i ask how you go about determining end of stretch? Do you just take down growth details? Im not new with sativas but ive always let them take over the place. I still have much to learn though

zaprjaques

yeah, i had to relisten to the interview because i'm kinda ocd and hes talking about 3 liters. 😅
and also starting from sexually mature clones will shorten the flowering time.
its in the beginning of the second part of the interview with heavy daze on the potcast.
episodes 56 and 56.5
a good listen.

Cactus Squatter

I can’t wait for the smells to really start so I can figure out what I’ve got in here. This is definitely going to be one of my more “uncontrolled” grows.

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
May i ask how you go about determining end of stretch? Do you just take down growth details? Im not new with sativas but ive always let them take over the place. I still have much to learn though
Good question! Run it, take notes, run it again, fine tune. I have mostly learned by doing and making mistakes along the way hahaha.. Some folks that have run the strain could share experience which might be helpful. Ask the breeder questions.. look for similar grows here on IC.. It all helps.

On my upcoming Thai/A5 I will follow Dubi's advice -- start 1-3L containers.. flip to 11/13 after 1 week for clones 2 weeks for seed.. upsize before the end of stretch. This of course for limited space indoors where height is at a premium. The time I spent in this hobby I learned how to grow the biggest baddest mommas I could. Now, I am entering into restricted size indoor . Learning how to grow them smaller will be a new thing for me.. I expect to not reach anything close to perfection for at least 3 successive runs with these new (to me) strains.

RobFromTX

Good question! Run it, take notes, run it again, fine tune. I have mostly learned by doing and making mistakes along the way hahaha.. Some folks that have run the strain could share experience which might be helpful. Ask the breeder questions.. look for similar grows here on IC.. It all helps.

On my upcoming Thai/A5 I will follow Dubi's advice -- start 1-3L containers.. flip to 11/13 after 1 week for clones 2 weeks for seed.. upsize before the end of stretch. This of course for limited space indoors where height is at a premium. The time I spent in this hobby I learned how to grow the biggest baddest mommas I could. Now, I am entering into restricted size indoor . Learning how to grow them smaller will be a new thing for me.. I expect to not reach anything close to perfection for at least 3 successive runs with these new (to me) strains.

Thanks for the advice friend. That thai/A5 sounds like a stellar smoke for sure. Hopefully texas will legalize soon so i can start growing these beasts outside. Its where i really think they prefer to be, you know under the sun