What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai from Chiang Mai

Rory Borealis

Veteran
A small test of a new Thai from Chiang Mai area, in north Thailand.

It was grown almost without attentions, trying to tame her like a bonsai or a small clone.
Thai Chiang Mai grew and flowered like a classic pure thai, without any sign of indica influence or presence of modern/western genetics. Aromas are classic thai, lemony, spicy, woody. The resin production is quite good and not a single hermie sign despite the restrictions in the growing conditions and bad weather.

I really like the leaf curl and powdered sugar look these Chiang Mia. Lovely. Well done, Dubi.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi, you amaze me. You grow that plant in a 3 L pot. I worry about being root bound in a 10 gallon grow bag. Humbled again! Thanks Peace

S

scai

I like reading Dubi's stories of different plants.He knows so much and gives good descrptions.
These are always exciting, please keep on writing

Tynehead Tom

I've never grown a real sativa and the more I read these threads , the more I am convincing myself I need to add some to my plans. Also planning a trip to Thailand in 2016 as a good friend of mine moved there a couple years ago from Canada.

Is it just that easy to go for a hike in the mountains at the right time of year and 'collect seeds' ? I certainly don't wanna get in trouble while on vacation LOL

S

scai

Heh, you make it easier if you befriend with someone in a bar or some other place, if they want to sell you smoke.
And when you are friend you can ask if they grow and is it possible to see grows.Ot are you planning to go Nothern Thailand and trek the mountains?

Tynehead Tom

not sure, my friend moved to piket (? spelling) 3 years ago. He's a martial arts nut and opened a training center. BUT he medicates when he meditates LOL I'm sure he'll be my guide. It's a vacation , not a seed expedition , but that said, gonna keep my eyes and ears peeled for seed sources, even if it's just bag seed LOL

Dubi do you know the true lineage of the mama thai of seedsman? coz anyone cant answer about this strain, i want knowing in what area in thailand precisely this strain came from please answer me....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Completely agree Limeygreen,

I'm enjoying lately more with the more subtle, but gentle and well focused effects of pure landrace sativas with 6-12 THC %.

A 9-10 % THC content is consider quite good for a pure thai P1 landrace grown far from the tropics. If grown bigger and in a tropical climate then the THC content would be around 20-30 % higher.

Anyway, if my memory serves me right, the good exported thais from the 70-80s had around 7-8 % THC and the best thai sticks around 12 %.

Soon we will receive the terpene profile of the sample too. I'm very intrigued to learn which are the terpenes associated with these classic thai aromas (lemony, green tea, floral, woody).

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
9-10 percent thc and it has a strong effect, confirming 20-25 percent thc is not all it's cracked up to be, complex is the key word, not a 2d dumbing high like so many commercial hybrids that lack any character.

agree... u will never... of course never say never... but I just did... see any sativa being sold... growers want the 60day hybrids for 5-6 harvests per year... make no $$$ with 2 sativa harvests per...

gotta grow em yourself...

S

scai

not sure, my friend moved to piket (? spelling) 3 years ago. He's a martial arts nut and opened a training center. BUT he medicates when he meditates LOL I'm sure he'll be my guide. It's a vacation , not a seed expedition , but that said, gonna keep my eyes and ears peeled for seed sources, even if it's just bag seed LOL

Phuket.Just came from there two weeks ago and as I said, there is weed around.Some good weed too ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thai Chiang Mai terpene analysis

Thai Chiang Mai terpene analysis

Terpenes found in the Thai Chiang Mai sample: alpha pinene, beta pineno, beta myrcene, limonene, trans ocimene, terpinolene and beta cariofileno.

Attachments

• Thai Chiang Mai análisis terpenos.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai análisis terpenos.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 107
B

Baron Greenback

It might be more ladylike than "Felch", "Shitlingthorpe" or indeed any of the 3 places on Earth called "****" :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm still sitting on several (Hoa bac silver flower, Reeferman and Old Timer Haze, Ace) I have not refined my sativa skills enough or grow room environment to tackle such long flowering tropical sativa's. 2017 looks booked with Purple Mexican and Kali China. I may run some Guatemala I have to see where I'm at with 100% sativa plants. 2018 I hope to feel confident and equipped for tropical ladies. I do have some other Thai's. I could run one of them next year for shits and giggles. Peace

Gelado`

Veteran
Smoking outdoor-grown Cambodian :) Heading to Chiang Mai later this month. Hope to get some seeds so I can grow some good indoor smoke. I like pure Asian sativas for day smoking. Well, aside from the sativa I got in Phuket, which absolutely blew my head off!

Gelado`

Veteran
The paranoia level in CM was high regarding cannabis...I got some, but paid too much and wasn't impressed. Seedless, but not fresh and low potency. Better than nothing, but I should've taken my own! Wasn't looking to get busted in Thailand, where it would be a real pain in the ass...safety first! ;)

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Hey Dubi. Could you tell us how the smoke is? I'm curious how you think it compares with the koh chang and Meao Thai.