What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai from Chiang Mai

sativaman514

Thanks dubi for these advices=)
Incredible how nutrient company are trying to push overfeeding and useless applications. I've been re-using and re-amending the same soil. Only N source applied came from Gaia Green Power Bloom dry emendment mix (2-8-4) and Kelp meal (1-0-3). Still, I am consistantly seeing N toxicity and K def. I am also using K sulfate, and other minerals like gypsum, basalt, granite, epsom salts....

I am in the process of converting to worm casting based gardening, feeding my worms with high P and K food, avoiding green vegetables. Hope it will be easier to grow these tropical Sativa....

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@sativaman514 N excess happens very frequently with highly inbred, extreme tropical sativas such as Oldtimer's Haze and pure Thai, the modern fertilizers and soil mixes designed for modern sativa/indica hybrids are usually too hot in N for them.

RobFromTX thanks for your interest friend. Chiang Mai pure Thai has just been released this year as permanent catalog strain and fortunately there's abundant stock from many different females, line has been preserved with great genetic diversity.

RobFromTX

@sativaman514 N excess happens very frequently with highly inbred, extreme tropical sativas such as Oldtimer's Haze and pure Thai, the modern fertilizers and soil mixes designed for modern sativa/indica hybrids are usually too hot in N for them.

RobFromTX thanks for your interest friend. Chiang Mai pure Thai has just been released this year as permanent catalog strain and fortunately there's abundant stock from many different females, line has been preserved with great genetic diversity.
Thats great Dubi. I cant wait to try them myself. I have some thai x panama seeds in the fridge but im going to hold out until i can try this beauty. I'll keep an eye out for them :smoke:

Legalcdn

I moved the 2 thai into flower today on a 10/14 schedule. I will keep them in smaller containers until the gender reveal party. I have not really spent too much time taking care of them due a week of travel and Covid. They will start to be fed 100-50-160 with calcium/mag at 100-60.

1st pic is 2 Thai and 2nd is group shot with 2 destroyers from older CBG seeds.

Peace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-205838_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-205838_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20221005-210620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-210620_Gallery.jpg
    641.2 KB · Views: 66

sativaman514

This week, plants look like they are entering in generative mode, finishing to stretch slowly. Yes, both Thai ended up supercroped. They took only a few hours to bounce back. I feel it will help overall structure and distribution of growth hormone in the colas.

It is very hard to capture the beauty and regal of these tropical plants. Thai from Chiang Mai is so far sexually stable. I would Love to take them out of the tent for a pageant style photo shoot but leaving them alone doing their things is what I need to do...

Pheno 1, lemon Thai smell
IMG_3020.JPG IMG_3021.JPG IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3023.JPG

Pheno 2, does not seems to fit any description so far, smell is hearty, incense, lemon, floral
IMG_3019.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3017.JPG IMG_3014.JPG

supercrop
IMG_3011.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125

Nannymouse

Has anyone done a cross of this thai and the KA5H? Was gifted some seed that i am rather sure was not ever grown out by the gifter. Dunno if it was an Ace R+D. Anyway, it probably would have many different phenos, with different effects and feeding requirements. Maybe there is a thread on this cross that i have not found, yet. Would like to hear some experience with it, if these is someone out there who has grown it. Else, any educated guess and advise would be appreciated. Not growing, but trying to stay active with catching up on notes, so to speak.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Nannymouse

We have a Golden Tiger x A5 Haze hybrid listed on the R+D section of our website:

It's genotype contains Malawi, A5 Haze like Killer A5 Haze + Double Thai (Koh Chang and Meao Thai).
It does not include this latest Thai from Chiang Mai, but guess it's pretty close to what you comment.

Latest posts

Latest posts