What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi I have been waiting since the first year these were offered to run them. A friend has been growing out and taking clones of the Thai Chi. Some are being crossed to a SpaceQueen x Blueberry IBL. Also some Destroyer clones are being crossed to the same IBL.

I'm not exactly sure which ones I'm going to select. I get a close up look at the upcoming 420 party. I am trying to get the greenhouse ready for a longer flowering cycle of mid October . I added two 600watt HPS lights for more horsepower during the declining fall sun intensity. 🌞

I will have twelve 45 gallon grow bags double planted this season. I will post a few pictures here. If you want to follow the grow it will be in the new VIP SECTION ✨️ Growing Victory, Microbial Repositories.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18987842 View attachment 18987843 View attachment 18987845 View attachment 18987844 View attachment 18987846

Dear uncle @farmerlion hope the family is doing well! ☀️It's great to see you busy preparing for the outdoor season! Thanks for including Thai Chi in the limited greenhouse space. If you're considering taking clones and spreading them out, my suggestion would be to germinate the entire pack and clone them all. You never know which one will turn out to be the best until after curing and months of testing. Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So is Thai chi over ? Was it a limited edition only ? Not coming back ?

Thai Chi is without any doubt one of our best strains, but its seed production is difficult and limited, and quickly solds out.

If you're looking for an alternative to Thai Chi that's currently available and offers a very similar concept, I highly recommend Haze x Kali China. It's an extreme tropical sativa crossed with Kali China, with the same KC parent plant used over Purple Haze #23 in this case.:

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread :ying:

Tranquilidade

Hey Dubi
Both have been cut down and dried and currently curing. I was wrong on the timing from my last post. The Thai Chi went 8.5 weeks 11/13 day/night and the OB haze x kc went for 10 weeks.
Outback left Thai Chi right
View attachment 18893365

The outback Kc has some faint Kalichina scents to it along with something that reminds me of the nevils haze Panama I grew. And in my vaporizer I noticed a very familiar taste like I got from the first C5xkalichina I grew that reminds me of marshmallows.
I’ll let you know how I like the effects after I get to know them a little better but both are great so far. Very focused and positive with no anxiety.
I think it's cured already :D you can share Outback x KC report with us :D

Xr5K

Lovely @Xr5K :D Such colorful incensey specimens of Thai Chi are among my favorite expressions, glad you also like her so much. What crosses did you produce with her ?

Thai Chi x Sativa from southafrican Highlands -----> (Bushmans)
Thai Chi x Ouzbekistan USC
Thai Chi x Nepali BlueHemp

I think they're all going to be good--with a mum like that!:sneaky:
:)

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi I have most of the pack available for my next phase. I am working with my 3 foundational lineages that work best for early onset and finish times. Your Lebanese, Blue Hemps Baglung Nepalese and Black Lebanon from Super Sativa Seed Club.

I'm making the cross with the Black Lebanon this season. And the cross of Thai Chi has been made over the winter with the long held IBL of SpaceQueen x Blueberry, waiting for seed to mature. They're going straight into the greenhouse.

I expect nothing less than a homerun with your lines.

The wife is good and both my boy's wives are expecting in July!

God bless you my friend 🙏
Peace farmerlion

tjmccoy

Veteran
Thai Chi Harvest pics… 🤠

I especially love these pics in the direct sunlight, really shows her true blue color even with not so cool night temps ☀️ Smells are devine like Oriental Spice Perfume!

9409A4F6-7776-4E38-A783-9BFA731E0483.jpeg

9430139A-C080-4AD6-AC4C-8773C304F46E.png

B016C8E7-653D-40EF-B34C-C8E53B049891.jpeg

Here’s the Mom I saved, I think I’m going to take a cut for inside and put this mother outdoors this season!
E38556F1-8002-48BC-B143-9E2B17125D35.jpeg

@dubi do you think this pheno would have bigger flowers if it wasn’t over fertilized, I know she wanted much lighter nutrients than I could provide in the bed.

Last edited:

Lebanizer

Thai Chi is without any doubt one of our best strains, but its seed production is difficult and limited, and quickly solds out.

If you're looking for an alternative to Thai Chi that's currently available and offers a very similar concept, I highly recommend Haze x Kali China. It's an extreme tropical sativa crossed with Kali China, with the same KC parent plant used over Purple Haze #23 in this case.:

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread :ying:
Bummer :( ! I had this one on my radar for its managable Thai genetic, because I'm totally into SEA weed (not algae) at the mo'. Geddem when you can folks don't just wait around. But the wallet doesn't always allow you to do what you want in time. Life sucks.

Last edited:

tjmccoy

Veteran
Bummer :( ! I had this one on my radar for its managable Thai genetic, because I'm totally into SEA weed (not algae) at the mo'. Geddem when you can folks don't just wait around. But the wallet doesn't allow you to do what you want in time. Life sucks.

If you google search it there seems to be some stock around at some of the more obscure seed banks

tjmccoy

Veteran
I would love to get a TC clone of a really nice red Thai pheno or any really good one if anyone would like to share or trade pm me 😀

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
this one sounds delicious(y)
:p
Brother, you have no idea. Seeing her in natural sunlight will present some environmental triggers/issues.

It's possible as with other strains that never see natural light for them to be sluggish into mid/late July. Then they will come on like gangbusters, exploding with life!

It's entirely possible that they show off from day one. This is elite stash smoke I'm blessed to receive from a friend.

I have access to (Q= SpaceQueen x Blueberry IBL pollen). I will dust individual branches of various genetics. (Durban, Nepalese, Oaxacan, Thai Chi, Destroyer and Blueberry Thai). The balance will be getting open pollination with 1 of 3 potential pollen donors. (Q x Destroyer aka Qtopia, Black Lebanon and or a Baglung Nepalese).
Depending upon how each male looks, smells and other notable expressions will be discerned and progressed.
Have a great day.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

With so many beautiful pics of Thai Chi (most of the pics seem to show lots of color, i don't know what the percentage of Thai Chi are reddish?) i would like to see how any of those would work with her! Sometimes i wish that Thai Chi would be available in regular, but it would be very difficult to do, i suppose. People seem to love her as she is. It's just too bad for those who can't keep a mother plant, and that her seed is often tough to get a hold of, sometimes.

In any case, @dubi found a gem, it seems!

Xr5K

I have access to (Q= SpaceQueen x Blueberry IBL pollen). I will dust individual branches of various genetics. (Durban, Nepalese, Oaxacan, Thai Chi, Destroyer and Blueberry Thai).
Your plan sounds very exciting. (y)

I have already made Thai Chi x Ouzbekistan--it is beautiful--but I would like to try again with this one
---->
(Aztec Rain x Ouzbekistan) x Thai Chi
The smell/flavour is heavenly - pure blackberry

1.jpg

:)

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thai Chi Harvest pics… 🤠

I especially love these pics in the direct sunlight, really shows her true blue color even with not so cool night temps ☀️ Smells are devine like Oriental Spice Perfume!

View attachment 18992910

View attachment 18992911

View attachment 18992913

Here’s the Mom I saved, I think I’m going to take a cut for inside and put this mother outdoors this season!
View attachment 18992912

@dubi do you think this pheno would have bigger flowers if it wasn’t over fertilized, I know she wanted much lighter nutrients than I could provide in the bed.

Congrats also on your harvest @tjmccoy ;) Glad you are keeping the mother and considering placing a copy outside for the outdoor season.

Thai Chi is known to be a moderate yielding strain. Its breeding was always focused on the quality of effects and terpenes rather than maximizing yields.