What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

StrongTree

@StrongTree friend how would you compare your new Thai Chi compared with your first one ?
so this thai chi fem seed was from a more recent pack(2023) than my previous(2019?)...this plant had larger flower cluster and perhaps more the classic kali china smells...at one month the cure is starting to mellow the volatile aspect into a smooth oily quality still with a bit of peppery spice.... the greenness and cellulose are transforming and digesting so that the the flower will crumble evenly but is still moist enough for a slow burn ...when burned in paper the resins are copious...causing oily streaks along the paper...at this point the effect is potent,clear, and energetic..
it leaves the space with the lovely incense hanging in the air.
another month or so and i reckon flavors will be quite smooth

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello Ace family,
I have been sitting on a pack of Thai Chi since they first came out. Since my location is just a little bit to far north for pure long flowering sativas, we came up with a work around that buys us a few weeks of flowering time due to the age of the plant.
A friend starts them inside under a long vegetative cycle. Then they get the entire month of June in my greenhouse, by mid July the females are ready to flower. I/we have done this with Blue Thai in the past and it worked very well.

This season we are including the last of my Destroyer, 80's Durban Poison, Blue Thai and the Thai Chi that I've been waiting patiently for years now. Also included are Charlie's Peyote Purple, Purple Mexican, Mr.Greenjeans CherryBomb Hawaiian, a special purple phenotype of a Skunk from Hazeman seeds and a special selection through ten generations of RKS from Cryptic Labs and Mystic Funk the #8 & #25 P1 donors I'm testing in the greenhouse for additional expressions, onset and finish times.

This season like every season has me very excited to see these beautiful genetics prove/move conventional assumptions and expectations. So far the Thai Chi are looking exceptional in their winter tents. In the great care of a dear friend of mine.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
This is my proposed schedule for 2024 greenhouse season.
Peace farmerlion
20240211_115120.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm looking forward to seeing her do her thing.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

early_hominid

Nice looking plants as usual @Hasch

Some people with great taste for weed in this thread... I am also growing Thai Chi and Superlicious this year. I have one Thai Chi on the tail end of flower that is pollinated with a Bubba Kush x PCK male, and another I'm vegging for outdoors that I just rooted a couple clones of.

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Uludag

Since you have tried both Zenith and Thai Chi, and although they are quite different strains: what did you like the most ?

Oh I missed that buddy, hmm i try'd a lot more ACE strains! :biggrin: @orangina is just the biggest ACE influencer and my best grow buddy haha. A new ACE R+D Strain? You can bet orangina allready has done a order or allready got them home! :rasta:

To answer your question i liked Zenith more. Thats not because of Thai chi is bad weed but i like to have more active weed. Thai chi for me is just your lovely little helper and gives you a good feeling if you need it. But that isnt a daily driver for me.

If you ask me in general which strain i liked most from ACE gear , for now it was Purple Zamal X Panama, this stuff had this racy feeling for me give me an actual kick in the ass and much fun every time i vaped it. It is social (atleast for me because i like racy) and i couldnt stop talking, it was like...one hit from the vape, waiting 5min and blablblabla :ROFLMAO: very nice option for partys, hanging out with friends and having a good time. Very good strong long lasting high.

I think the Zamal ones are the good ones. Zamal Bliss was crazy low in terms of high but if you vape enough like 1 gramm or something the high was really nice and interesting. Very social felt a bit like if you would have take a little bit of coke or something in that direction. Very clear and interesting.

But also Golden Tiger x Panama was really decent, 4 hours of straight psychedelic experience for me! Not like modern hybrids you want to smoke more after 1 hour. This stuff was like a good hit and lasting for atleast 4 hours, user with less experience even longer I would say.

Killer A5 Haze also was nice and quite strong, i tryd a a5 haze type pheno and it really got that strong potent kick i expected, but the come down always was a very hard touchdown and landing. I assume its the NL in there or could it be in part of the Killer Malawi?

Last edited:

albertgriffiths

Here is my Thai Chi bonsai, getting close to harvest.
I lost the count of days, must be somewhere between F+65 and F+75.
She's in about 2L of soil.
thaichi.JPG

thaichi2.JPG

This one seems more KaliChina dominant than the previous one I grew.
Which is fine in a way, as she smells much louder (earthy/melon/leather), and remained sexually stable despite the cold temps, the small pot, and a few tough dryouts.

I hope to find the same uplifting, smiley effect as the one I grew last year and loved so much.

Pollinated a small branch with some Jamaican Lambsbread pollen, as I had a male dropping.

Tranquilidade

Here is my Thai Chi bonsai, getting close to harvest.
I lost the count of days, must be somewhere between F+65 and F+75.
She's in about 2L of soil.
View attachment 18975572
View attachment 18975573
This one seems more KaliChina dominant than the previous one I grew.
Which is fine in a way, as she smells much louder (earthy/melon/leather), and remained sexually stable despite the cold temps, the small pot, and a few tough dryouts.

I hope to find the same uplifting, smiley effect as the one I grew last year and loved so much.

Pollinated a small branch with some Jamaican Lambsbread pollen, as I had a male dropping.
Smiley effects are Kali China's trait. Love the micro grow setups, I do 3.5L pots all the time :) How do you feed her at this point?

albertgriffiths

Smiley effects are Kali China's trait. Love the micro grow setups, I do 3.5L pots all the time :) How do you feed her at this point?
I must confess I'm really not optimizing her feeding in any way: she's getting the same biobizz nutrients as the main crop of shorter flowering indicas, and pure water when she's thirsty and the others are not. Last watering it was 2ml/L BioBloom + 2ml/L TopMax + 0,5ml/L Cal Mag and 1ml/L Bio Heaven.

The previous one I grew, which was much more thai-looking, was quite sensitive to nute burn, so I started really light with this one, until I realized she actually had quite a good appetite and could take some laziness.

The small pot is because I knew I didn't have room for her, but still wanted to pop it...
It's actually a bit more than 2Liters, because at some point, seeing how chronically thirsty she was after the stretch, I stacked the pot on a same size pot, half full of soil. And to my surprise, it worked!

I'm a big fan of small pots as well, for pheno hunting/stress testing, seeded plants, or just testing out crosses I made and freebies without hesitating to cull them if they herm. A good way to try out pure sativas without getting overgrown, too.

3L is much easier than 1 or 2, that's for sure. Less watering, more resillience.
I usually do 3,5L as well, I feel that's generally a good compromise.