What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

The Zientist

Veteran
Thai Chi (keeper from a 2019 pack).

D60 of 12/12, under Mars Hydro TS1000.
C1.23_coco__athena_16.jpg

Athena Blended nutrients (adapted chart @ around 2-2.5mS/cm).
11L smartpots + Coco, vermiculite and rice hulls soilless blend.

LHC

She is now 12 weeks in flower. Only water and 11/13 for one week. Still many white pistils, and trichomes are 50/50 clear/white. Smell is less strong than 3-4 days ago. Nanners appearing. Do you think it should be cut?

Last edited:

StrongTree

Thai Chi getting some fresh air on a bright and warm December day...harvested at 9 weeks.... a quick dry uncured sample of the lowest smallest flowers is volatile grassy oily herbal.... with a classic stoned sativa relaxation effect...not sedative...neither racy nor spacey, Thai Chi always seems to generate clear, cheerful thought
after some cool curing i suspect this one will become mellow incense :canabis:
as always @dubi ... my compliments to chef !
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG

LHC

Took a small branch at day 80 and speed dried it for 3 days just for a little test. I love the high of this strain, even if the first try is suboptimal without a cure. Kind, meditative and stil filled with inner energy, sensuous, introspective, feel good with dimensions and nuances. Thank you so much for creating such a beauty @dubi
This is my second Ace strain. Panama x Bangi Haze was the first. Very different, but quality is of the same level I think. What they share, is a kindness and no paranoia or nervousness.
How long would would you say Thai Chi should cure to reach top quality?

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Took a small branch at day 80 and speed dried it for 3 days just for a little test. I love the high of this strain, even if the first try is suboptimal without a cure. Kind, meditative and stil filled with inner energy, sensuous, introspective, feel good, filled with dimensions and nuances. Thank you so much for creating such a beauty @dubi
This is my second Ace strain. Panama x Bangi Haze was the first. Very different, but quality is of the same level I think. What they share, is a kindness and no paranoia or nervousness.

From everything I’ve experienced first hand as well as read… Minimum three months and often improvements can be seen out to 6 months or more even. Although with the Kali China and Indica influence that may be a little longer than necessary.

@dubi and others can chime in more appropriately

albertgriffiths

I'd say 1 month is OK, 2 months is fine, 3 months is good, 4 months is great. The longer the better, it does get tastier with time.

But to me it's not so much about the cure than about cold temps at harvest.
My outdoor, late fall-harvested bud is waaay tastier than the indoor, early summer-harvested one (same cut). Even after only 1 month of cure. Way more purple too.

OZZ_

Veteran
I'd say 1 month is OK, 2 months is fine, 3 months is good, 4 months is great. The longer the better, it does get tastier with time.

But to me it's not so much about the cure than about cold temps at harvest.
My outdoor, late fall-harvested bud is waaay tastier than the indoor, early summer-harvested one (same cut). Even after only 1 month of cure. Way more purple too.
From my experience, it also depends on the strain.... some after 1-2 months they start to lose strength even though they may improve in taste.
Killer5H was at its best, 2 months after harvest for example, while Pan X Mal was at 1 month.

All good info… I recently tossed a keeper i shouldn’t have, only to sample some of its buds later at 6 months cure and find it had changed and improved dramatically.

nick11

Veteran
It's very very strain dependent imo. Some stuff is good to smoke after a couple weeks, these ones usually lose alot of smell after 2 months. I smoke most things after a month cure, but sativa types just get better after 2 months especially haze hybrids. Blueberry has amazing shelf life, and doesn't lose any smell. Great to smoke even after a year ir more. Wonder what makes some varieties shelf longer?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Took a small branch at day 80 and speed dried it for 3 days just for a little test. I love the high of this strain, even if the first try is suboptimal without a cure. Kind, meditative and stil filled with inner energy, sensuous, introspective, feel good with dimensions and nuances. Thank you so much for creating such a beauty @dubi

Hi @LHC Glad to know you have been enjoying with your Thai Chi harvest since first tokes and that you found Thai CHi qualities close to the strain description, guess it's getting much better by now! For my taste, Thai Chi benefits a lot from at least 3 (up to 6) months of curing.

Latest posts

Latest posts