What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Madre mia repuk :D What a beast! You are becoming a master gardener, they are obviously root bound with such big size in those pots, but your plants this year look greener and healthier than ever! ;)

Thanks master!!! :huggg:

Coco rootballs OD become a solid block, of super white and healthy roots... having to fertigate minimum two, sometimes three times per day.

Cannot round her trunk with a single hand, is simply impressive:

picture.php

Found out that iron (the dumbell weights) promotes root growth, either that or having a "cover" for the pot.

Thinking on shaping styrofoam as "covers" for the pot surfaces...

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks master!!! :huggg:

Coco rootballs OD become a solid block, of super white and healthy roots... having to fertigate minimum two, sometimes three times per day.

Cannot round her trunk with a single hand, is simply impressive:

View Image

Found out that iron (the dumbell weights) promotes root growth, either that or having a "cover" for the pot.

Thinking on shaping styrofoam as "covers" for the pot surfaces...

Damn impressive Repuk. Your going to get a nice haul off of her, hopefully no more storms!

:woohoo::dance013:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Whoa... lovely buds!!! watch out for the cat? dog? hair... smoked some unadvertedly once and puked my lungs out!

Big M

Harvested my first Thai Chi last night, along with a Bangi Haze and a bean from and Ace mix pack. Probably could have let it go a couple more weeks, but didn't want to chance freezing temps or mold. The other two were coming down, so she did too. I couldn't find any clear or amber trichomes, all cloudy.

The buds could have benefited from a couple weeks to bulk up, but they look decent and mature despite their size. According to Ace, Thai Chi finishes around the end of October, and that seems spot on. Will have to try again next year and hope for a little nicer October. Probably would have been more mature at this point if they could have lived in a sunnier spot. Light was filtered a good part of the day from trees, but still pretty strong.

There is not a single spot of mold or caterpillar damage on the plant. Very little damage by insects at all, and it was only sprayed one time in August with Monterey Garden Spray as a preventative.

The plant was put out at about a foot and a half tall at the end of June, and made it to a two-stalked five footer with lots of branching. Looks like it loved the native soil it was in, nice and healthy.

Will update with a smoke report in a month or so.

Red October

All 5 of my Thai chi plants are starting to show pre flowers and I'm just wondering if they are known to do this during veg, apparently plants can do this once they reach a certain maturity but they aren't actually flowering? Had one night about three weeks back where the timer didn't click on but I noticed it within an hour, so they had one night of slightly longer than 12 hours. Now with the better weather they have been outside during the day and inside the tent at night with the lights on, this has been for the last three weeks so they have definitely not had any other dark periods longer than 12 hours.

The roots aren't root bound yet as they're only about 25cm tall in a 2 litre pot for vegging, I just removed the tops a few days ago. A bit perplexed and hoping it is just preflowers maybe? Wouldn't think the one evening would have been enough to trigger flowering. I can post a pic but they aren't all that exciting

Edit: I just noticed my slightly more sativa looking Maui X mango haze also has a singular pre flower on it already the more indica one does not and neither do the purple Thai plants. I must have messed up somewhere.....

Last edited:

Red October

Not root bound enough to trigger flowering, I must have made a mistake with the lights from the earlier weeks while they where on the timer, since then I've been taking them out during the day I've been managing the lights manually in the tent.

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_151305.jpg
    IMG_20201022_151305.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20201022_151346.jpg
    IMG_20201022_151346.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 40

Big M

Nothing to worry about Red October. Showing pre flowers is normal when plants reach that level of maturity. Just nature's way of telling you she's ready to go if you are.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely chunky flowers dear ULMW ;) There's strong Kali China influence in your Thai Chi flowers.
Curious to know your opinion of Thai Chi vs GT3 Thai since you have both to compare, guess GT3 is much more aggressive and Thai Chi kinder. Enjoy!

Congrats on your outdoor harvest Big M!, Yes Thai Chi usually finishes late October o even early November depending on latitude. Glad she was mold and pest resistant, looking forward for your smoke report after curing.

Very beautiful and healthy Fronk :) Perfect feeding on her, sounds like she is very Thai regarding terpenes, hope the scents get more complex during her ripeness.

Correct Red October, cannabis plants show preflowers once they have reach their sexual maturity, but this doesn't necessarily mean they have started real flowering. They should start to flower soon once they catch up the outdoor photoperiod now in fall.

repuk, how is doing your monster outdoor Thai Chi ? :D Hope the rains didn't spoil her much.