What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

herbgreen

Veteran
I grew two from seed last spring. Lovely plants with identical structure. Buds are very colorful and purple, so impressive looking...but, sadly the flavor of both were terrible and didn't improve with aging. Not sure if it was me or what. One of the only Ace plants that I just didn't care for. Maybe I should try again next year though.

Thanks for the review

Also, I believe there is a green and purple phenos ...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
That's odd TexasTea, how was the taste?

On the indoors one I grew taste while not the typical in ganja was superb, specially if you're into hazes... pate with a perfumey/soapy/gingery with loads of incense.

herbgreen there are two phenos for sure, previous one I grew was leaning more to Kalichina, also darker. While this outdoors one is a green, thai-leaning pheno.

Red October

That's odd TexasTea, how was the taste?

On the indoors one I grew taste while not the typical in ganja was superb, specially if you're into hazes... pate with a perfumey/soapy/gingery with loads of incense.

herbgreen there are two phenos for sure, previous one I grew was leaning more to Kalichina, also darker. While this outdoors one is a green, thai-leaning pheno.
hey Repuk, did you find any difference to the effect between the more Thai and more Kali leaning phenos?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Haven't sampled it yet, I will report back once I sample the Thai pheno, right now is approaching mid flower.

Red October

Haven't sampled it yet, I will report back once I sample the Thai pheno, right now is approaching mid flower.
ah gotcha, just planted 6 and I'm already dreaming of the outcome. Having another cold front coming through so things have been slow, already lost 4 of 5 Hawaiian snow before setting up a heating chamber for the seedlings.

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_122937.jpg
    IMG_20200916_122937.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

teide

Veteran
That's the pheno I want to discover in my pack of Thai Chi.
How prevalent is it? Hoping for the slimmest leaves and thai flavor and effect, with earliness and indoor stability from KC.
How can I tell early on if the pheno will be narrow leaf or broad?
Seems many hybrids and even some pure sativas start off broadleaved and then they develop into a narrow leaf-type.
I still wonder about that process. I asked in another thread and still don't have an answer, so maybe Dubi can explain how it works in this particular cross?
This thai pheno looks very SEA in flowering, but in veg it looked more indica.

What actually happens when sativas start out with broad leaves as young plants and end up with narrow? Do the initial broad leaves stay broad, while the later leaves grow narrow, leaving the plant with different looking leaves at top and bottom, or do the broad leaves keep their width while growing longer, thus getting a narrow appearance with age and increased size?

I am really fascinated by the process and would like to be enlightened.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow ULMW! :tiphat: Amazing bro, she is really enjoying with your good cares! :yes:

That's my favorite Thai Chi kind of pheno, later it becomes almost black at the end of flowering.
The first Thai Chi you grew was the more Thaish green pheno, so im glad you will have the chance to experience the black pheno with this second female.
Guess she will be ready in 2 approx 2 weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi teide,

The 2 main Thai Chi phenos: the green and colorful one are usually equally frequent, if you grow a pack of 5 fem seeds (+1 extra seed) then you will easily find good representations of each pheno.

Regarding your other question, all cannabis strains narrow the leaves as flowering advances, although this is more evident in sativa/indica hybrids.

That's the pheno I want to discover in my pack of Thai Chi.
How prevalent is it? Hoping for the slimmest leaves and thai flavor and effect, with earliness and indoor stability from KC.
How can I tell early on if the pheno will be narrow leaf or broad?
Seems many hybrids and even some pure sativas start off broadleaved and then they develop into a narrow leaf-type.
I still wonder about that process. I asked in another thread and still don't have an answer, so maybe Dubi can explain how it works in this particular cross?
This thai pheno looks very SEA in flowering, but in veg it looked more indica.

I am really fascinated by the process and would like to be enlightened.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend :) Sorry to hear you didn't like the terpenes of your Thai Chis. I don't take it in a bad way because i know you like a lot most of our other strains.

As repuk correctly said, Thai Chi has a very incensey dark exotic terpene profile, if you like dark spicy Hazes and incensey sativas then you will love Thai Chi terpenes (it's one of my all time favorites), but some people more used to sweet, fruity or skunky terpenes sometimes don't like these type of plants, it's just a matter of personal preference. Other factor could be overfeeding so the harvest has excessive nutrients stored.

I grew two from seed last spring. Lovely plants with identical structure. Buds are very colorful and purple, so impressive looking...but, sadly the flavor of both were terrible and didn't improve with aging. Not sure if it was me or what. One of the only Ace plants that I just didn't care for. Maybe I should try again next year though.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Madre mia repuk :D What a beast! You are becoming a master gardener, they are obviously root bound with such big size in those pots, but your plants this year look greener and healthier than ever! ;)

Teide, until she develops well in veg/starts first flowering is impossible to say, you'll have to do some pheno hunt... as you point hybrids usually start broad leaved then evolve into thin fingered leaves.

View Image

StrongTree, Red October and Fronk, good luck with your young Thai Chis! :yes:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I know it's one of your favorites Dubi and they had such promise while growing. For some reason they didn't cure well and I don't know if it was my fault or what. It really is beautiful though with multi colored purple buds flecked with gold and red. I gave it away to friends and heard no complaints. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts