IMG_20230616_205524.jpg
IMG_20230616_210940.jpg
IMG_20230616_210918.jpg
IMG_20230616_205746.jpg

IMG_20230616_211504.jpg

IMG_20230616_210611.jpg

All the best

SolarLogos

Update on the Thai x A5. This girl was transplanted last night into her final home, a 20 gallon smart pot. I've not had to feed her yet, but I can tell the soil in her old pot was getting fairly depleted. I think she is quite happy in her new soil. I started spraying once a week with Epsom salt as well as spraying insecticidal soap for white flies.

The smells are a little hard to pin down at the moment, but she does have a pleasant fruity smell. So far, Ive not noticed any of the meaty smells associated with A5. That may change later on.

She has several leaves that have 10 fingers. She wants to express 11 fingers but she is missing one of the small fingers next to the petiole.

6-16a.jpg
6-16.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace
SL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for updates guys! Both look with well established root system and upper part stretching vigorously under sun ☀️

@SolarLogos yours has very dominant Thai look with the light green color, thins stems and leaf traits.

Yours @Eltitoguay also has strong sativa dominance but with more NL influence that can be appreciated in the darker color, robust bearing and wider leaflets.

SolarLogos

The Thai x A5 is happy in her 20 gallon pot. I've only fed her with compost tea and foliar spraying with same. No yellow leaves and still has all her original leaves. She is looking a little more hungry than usual, but she is going to have to go into the ground today. After having assurances from the wife that we wouldn't be going out of town, that plan is shot and so all potted plants will have to go into the ground. The bed has been ready for them so they'll all get tucked in nicely, including the C5xA5. I'll mulch them and I'm putting in a drip irrigation system so they'll be taken care of while I'm gone. I don't like transplanting this late from such big pots, but I'll be careful and I'm confident they'll all do fine.
Pic from 2 days ago.
7-9.jpg
7-9a.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That is friend, you know sativa beasts like this one prefer unlimited root space and be planted directly in the ground to perform best. On the opposite, a grower must be very careful and attentive when flowering long flowering, rootbounded sativas in small pots.

SolarLogos

That is friend, you know sativa beasts like this one prefer unlimited root space and be planted directly in the ground to perform best. On the opposite, a grower must be very careful and attentive when flowering long flowering, rootbounded sativas in small pots.
Thank you Brother Dubi. Yes, I'm going to be very happy seeing her in the new bed I've prepared for her, rather than trying to flower her in a 20 gallon pot. Her roots will be able to grow free and so will she.

We have 109F/43c temperatures forecast for the weekend, so I'm building a 10 foot/3 meter wooden frame around all the plants to support a shade cloth, which I can easily replace with plastic for a temporary greenhouse if the weather turns wet before they finish.

The drip irrigation system will go in tomorrow, along with a nice layer of mulch to cover the ground around the plants to further protect them from the heat.

I doubt that 3 meters will be tall enough for the Thaidelica, but the tops can get bent down if necessary when the time comes.

I'll try to keep these updated more often, especially once the stretch and flowering start.

Thank you again, I'm going to love watching these plants turn into trees!
Peace

Eltitoguay

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

I have been smoking my Thai A5 for a few days now and I am loving the high.
Flowing, slightly trippy, music enhancing, clear, but deep and powerful, each joint seems to take you a bit higher, at least the one plant that finished smokeable :laughing:
Smells floral/metallic mainly and a little bit spicy

The other two had lots of fresh growth till the end due to very high temps (up to 35-36 C indoors....)
Will make some nice extract though, either tincture or hash as the resin on the matured parts is looking and smelling good

So, no pics of them at harvest but here's a little bud of the nice one I'm smoking on right now.

thai a5 bud.jpg

Last edited:

goingrey

Flowing, slightly trippy, music enhancing, clear, but deep and powerful, each joint seems to take you a bit higher, at least the one plant that finished smokeable :laughing:

The other two had lots of fresh growth till the end due to very high temps (up to 35-36 C indoors....)
Will make some nice extract though, either tincture or hash as the resin on the matured parts is looking and smelling good

So, no pics of them at harvest but here's a little bud of the nice one I'm smoking on right now.

View attachment 18870261
My man, this has to be some of the finest herb ever grown.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thai A5 haze at just over thirteen weeks of light dep. She’s hanging in the drying room now and she smells beautiful. The aromas have become very rich and refined and i can see how good this one will be after a long cure. Kudos to @dubi and all at ace seeds for bringing another excellent sativa hybrid to the market.

View attachment 18866601 View attachment 18866604 View attachment 18866605 View attachment 18866606 View attachment 18866608 View attachment 18866609 View attachment 18866610 View attachment 18866611 View attachment 18866612 View attachment 18866620

Que maravilla @island_organics :love: Kudos to you friend for your interest on growing different ACE genetics and for getting back to us with your inspiring gardening work and beautiful flowers! How would you describe her terpenes ? Fruity, or woody, citric, metalic ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

View attachment 18870261

So glad to hear that @JustGrowing420 :D I love such non ceiling, trippy, uplifting and clean qualities on my sativas, but at the same time some of them need to hit hard to brake my mind limits hehehehe

As i have commented a few times here on the forums, it's almost impossible to properly finish indoors tropical sativa genetics like this one under temps around 35ºC and without air con ... one would think that tropical sativas would handle well such high temps, outdoors yes, but indoors they continue stretching and reflowering and never ending. Glad 1 earlier finisher managed to finish well, so you can get a taste of this strain after all the long flowering and hard work. Hope you saved clones of them for another run this autumn, which is usually the best time of the year to grow indoors without air con in a hot location.

Thanks a lot for your interest and courage on growing indoors some of our most challenging sativa strains, you really deserve the best and i'm sure you will get it in the next cycle ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Que le ha pasado a la nena @Eltitoguay que se ha quedado en la playa sin sombrilla, sin agua, ni cerveza ni na :LOL: She is going to love you for the drip irrigation while you are doing your thing far from her.
No worries, she still has plenty of time to recover during August before flowering starts.

Eltitoguay

Que le ha pasado a la nena @Eltitoguay que se ha quedado en la playa sin sombrilla, sin agua, ni cerveza ni na :LOL: She is going to love you for the drip irrigation while you are doing your thing far from her.
No worries, she still has plenty of time to recover during August before flowering starts.

...And almost 400 kilometers of beach that I have to cross if I run out of water, beer or sangria, even the stalls and street vendors that run along the beachfront, cousin...

July 22
Thai A5 Haze, after watering, with 1'5 metres high.
IMG_20230721_113953.jpg

The Zientist

Veteran
Thai A5 haze at just over thirteen weeks of light dep. She’s hanging in the drying room now and she smells beautiful. The aromas have become very rich and refined and i can see how good this one will be after a long cure. Kudos to @dubi and all at ace seeds for bringing another excellent sativa hybrid to the market.

View attachment 18866601 View attachment 18866604 View attachment 18866605 View attachment 18866606 View attachment 18866608 View attachment 18866609 View attachment 18866610 View attachment 18866611 View attachment 18866612 View attachment 18866620
Beautiful structure. Can't wait to grow mine!

Well done 👍

island_organics

Que maravilla @island_organics :love: Kudos to you friend for your interest on growing different ACE genetics and for getting back to us with your inspiring gardening work and beautiful flowers! How would you describe her terpenes ? Fruity, or woody, citric, metalic ?
I really enjoyed growing this one dubi. Such a beautiful looking plant with awesome terps. Still very early into the cure but the aromas are developing nicely. The meaty smell that was dominant during flowering has now become very savory like bovril or beef stock, along with a deep floral smell that balances it all out. I’m liking it a lot. Can’t wait to try it but need to be patient.

Eltitoguay

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts