What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai A5 Haze limited edition

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My first planted Thai A5 is about 8 weeks into flower and I smell lemon! I think this is likely a good thing. Sorry no pics, my camera isn't recognised by my computer anymore.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Maybe too early to tell .. fat leaves . .maybe NL5 Dom?

Attachments

• 2563.jpeg
    2563.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 79

Chi13

ICMag Donor
This Thai A5 was grown under about 370W LEDs, so not really intense enough but it's performing ok. At 12 weeks. Pic of side branch.

I let it get too big and will handle it differently now. I have a clone starting to flower and another clone outdoors in the sub tropical sun at 27S so will be interesting to compare.
Clones very readily. I'm already growing a clone of a clone of a clone, and I still haven't harvested the original. Thanks Dubi.
TA51.jpg

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
What a beaty @Chi13 :love: thanks for sharing a picture of her ? What do her terpenes evoke for you?
Thanks Dubi, I'm sure I can grow her much better. I am adding more watts and flowering her smaller now. This plant was flowered at about 25cm or so, and did brutal supercropping, and she still went to 135cm (4.5ft) with many branches, which bend under weight late flower. As I said needs more watts but entirely possible for hobby grower to do indoors with a little planning.

I'm not good with terpenes but definitely lemon/citrus and maybe woody? Others too but I can't identify.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@dubi

Perhaps you can help me understand: I have 2 TA5H fem both similar is structure and stem rub scent. One stem rub is sticky the other greasy. Am I correct to assume the greasy stem is exhibiting more of a NL trichome structure .. therefore more of an A5 influence over the Thai?

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I took mine down yesterday at just under 14 weeks. It developed quite rapidly from the pic above. I will likely return in a few months with a review of the high.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I won't assume so so fast @HarleyJammer this hybrid produces almost straight Thai Chiang Mai/ Haze A traits for finished product. Although some plants may show wider leaves in early stages from seed, NL #5 traits are totally recessive for finished product (as this thread has shown), so unless i can evaluate in person, i would like to prefer to wait until she shows flowering traits before drawing clonclusions.

Please keep us updated, and hugs for a complete recovery 💚

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I took mine down yesterday at just under 14 weeks. It developed quite rapidly from the pic above. I will likely return in a few months with a review of the high.

Congrats on your harvest @Chi13 ;) Please keep us updated on how it feels to be with this elegant lady.

Piff_cat

I won't assume so so fast @HarleyJammer this hybrid produces almost straight Thai Chiang Mai/ Haze A traits for finished product. Although some plants may show wider leaves in early stages from seed, NL #5 traits are totally recessive for finished product (as this thread has shown), so unless i can evaluate in person, i would like to prefer to wait until she shows flowering traits before drawing clonclusions.

Please keep us updated, and hugs for a complete recovery 💚
Imo this is very common especially in Thai/laos have huge leaves in beginning but as matures internodes get longer and leaf skinnier. Possibly the plant trying to catch much light as possible grow fast . Once change to flower skinny leaves let more light thru and reduce fungi exposure .

Example from snow high growing Ozark chocolate Thai
Screenshot_20240323-221919.png
Screenshot_20240323-221926.png