What's new

Texas is ending the special "last meal" before executions. How do you feel?

Texas is ending the special "last meal" before executions. How do you feel?

• No, they should eat what all the other inmates eat

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Yes they should

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Yes, but there should be some kind of limit

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm live in Texas. Father is from here. Land of the Death Machine.

I don't agree with the death penalty so I certainly don't like the last meal. It's not the states business to decide who lives and dies. It costs more than life in prison too.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

most of them don't deserve the compassion but I'd like to figure out a way to deliver them some edibles, maybe it's an attempt at me thumbing my nose at the authorities.

BakedGoods.jpg

one more good buzz before they throw the switch.......

bentom187

Veteran
if prisons wernt so crowded the price of 1 meal wouldnt make a difference to anyone.
I am definatley against the death penalty.
it dosnt make us a civil society,it makes us murderers by proxy,we arnt better than them.
plus the fact that innocent men get killed like that guy in georgia recently.
life in prison i think is fine,they still meet their maker behind bars.
i think mostly the death penalty is to satisfy peoples thirst for revenge not justice.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
What's yours?

Even you can figure that out.

This thread isn't about whether or not you're pro/con death penalty or the cost of it versus life imprisonment.
Sounds like you're copping a plea.

It's about the last meal/lack thereof.

Yep, your initial idea fell apart so now you're the thread police. Go call out the other members.

Anybody else need it spelled out? It's crazy to spend 10m to kill somebody if you're gonna cry about a $40 meal.

I'm a Texan, and I am ashamed of the death penalty. I moved as soon as I could get out of that draconian hell hole. Texas is the most full of shit state in the Union.

they claim to be a state of freedom, but they interject religion into there laws all the time. try buying liquor on a Sunday. Trying to teach your kids science, to bad, they have to learn creationism along side evolution, as if Christianity is fucking valid in science.

They claim that they can secede from the union. they can't. they gave that right up when they signed on to the federal cooperation act.

They act like the state is pretty. It isn't. travel west to rockies or the ocean and you will see texas is butt fucking ugly, hot and miserable.

they are completely intolerant of weed, Muslims, and gays.

George Bush Jr. and Rick Perry have put men to death that have been proven innocent by DNA tests after there deaths.

FUCK TEXAS. My current state has lower taxes, better gun, laws, and medical weed laws.

There court system is racist and they have the most intrusive laws ever. Not to mention el paso fbi is bought out by drug cartels as proven by a wistle blower recently.

BTW "Don't Mess with Texas" is just an anti littering add campaign that jackasses miss quote.
exactly! I wish the South was not part of this country as they mess it up for the rest of us, W for instance. Anyone who supports the death penalty needs their heads examined. They may have just put to death an innocent man in GA, and if this is found to be the case, everyone involved and everyone that pushed for it should also be put to death for taking someone's life from them. Slightly more realistically, the death penalty has no place in a so-called civilized society and should be abolished. Jail is barbaric too, there has to be a better way to deal with things and we need to find it. Plus I have a hard time accepting state authority over the individual in a so-called free country.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
So they didn't receive their 'due process' the first time?

Therein-lies the issue.

I can't wait until Texas puts in the first drive-thru execution window....next

Ask the prosecutor. I don't determine their protocols, dumb ass.

Here's a tip. Rebuke opinions, not fact. Facts are the same on either side of the issue. Unless of course you have no facts and just want to type like Bionic.

I

In~Plain~Site

lol...but you'll hold up them as true values I'll bet.

The fucked appeals process of guilty parties is what costs money.

That is a fact.

Ask the prosecutor. I don't determine their protocols, dumb ass.

Here's a tip. Rebuke opinions, not fact. Facts are the same on either side of the issue. Unless of course you have no facts and just want to type like Bionic.

You were using dollar costs to show what exactly again?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
lol...but you'll hold up them as true values I'll bet.

Ah, a new style of debate. Somebody give laughing boy the Nobel prize for speculation.

The fucked appeals process of guilty parties is what costs money.
Then take it up with the courts, Tex.

That is a fact.
The mole on yer nose is a fact. Considering that some folks are exonerated through appeal, you don't even rate an opinion. You just like to type.

You were using dollar costs to show what exactly again?
The square peg goes in the square hole. Go back and read the posts. I already edited the exchange for Bionic so it should be real easy for you to grasp.

I

In~Plain~Site

And I see you're still the same ol' same.

When making an omelet.They neither deserve a final meal or 10 year appeal process

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
As soon as somebody you care about receives a wrongful conviction, you might rethink that one. Do the wrongfully convicted (the ones we know of and released) still deserve prison and or execution because appeal determined their innocence?

We can always release wrongfully convicted citizens. We can't bring wrongfully executed citizens back to life. Here's an opinion, shred it if you wish. In these cases, we are making mistakes.

You may know more about our founding principles than I. But wasn't it attributed to the founding fathers... rather a thousand men go free as to convict one innocent man? (I guess women didn't cause trouble back then. :chin:)

Here's more opinion...

I was a supporter of the death penalty because the deterrent aspect is logical. Since, I have recanted my feelings on capital punishment because of statistics and economics. The symbolic death penalty doesn't reduce murder rates, it's just us thumping our proverbial chests at great expense.

My opinion alone doesn't give me the right to say you or states are wrong for capitol punishment. I've never had a loved one murdered and I don't know what victims' families go through. However, the former warden of the Georgia prison that executed a man Wednesday night said that many who seek closure through witnessing an execution don't get it.

We're not perfect and neither is our judicial system. IMO, there's nothing that we could do more wrong than execute those who are innocent.

H

h^2 O

I think I would order a bunch of stuff that would give me the shits...like have my crap factory ready to pump out 20 pounds of shit all over the place as I was executed. But I would eat half - the other half I would throw at the guards. Maybe something really spicey to get in their eyes or something hard like that crappy weird long italian cookies they sell at starbucks.
That's when to get it out - throw shit, piss, whatever. And then yeah, when they go to execute you, you have an explosive bowel movement that covers the entire room and possibly audience

PS some of you need to look up the word EMPATHY. Seriously

Last edited:
C

COOKIE MONSTER

I think I would order a bunch of stuff that would give me the shits...like have my crap factory ready to pump out 20 pounds of shit all over the place as I was executed. But I would eat half - the other half I would throw at the guards. Maybe something really spicey to get in their eyes or something hard like that crappy weird long italian cookies they sell at starbucks.
That's when to get it out - throw shit, piss, whatever. And then yeah, when they go to execute you, you have an explosive bowel movement that covers the entire room and possibly audience.

Bloody hell man, die with some dignity!!
Fight the system and dont poop your pants :)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I was a supporter of the death penalty because the deterrent aspect is logical. Since, I have recanted my feelings on capital punishment because of statistics and economics. The symbolic death penalty doesn't reduce murder rates, it's just us thumping our proverbial chests at great expense.

this