What's new

Texas is ending the special "last meal" before executions. How do you feel?

Texas is ending the special "last meal" before executions. How do you feel?

• No, they should eat what all the other inmates eat

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Yes they should

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Yes, but there should be some kind of limit

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I'm a Texan, and I am ashamed of the death penalty. I moved as soon as I could get out of that draconian hell hole. Texas is the most full of shit state in the Union.

they claim to be a state of freedom, but they interject religion into there laws all the time. try buying liquor on a Sunday. Trying to teach your kids science, to bad, they have to learn creationism along side evolution, as if Christianity is fucking valid in science.

They claim that they can secede from the union. they can't. they gave that right up when they signed on to the federal cooperation act.

They act like the state is pretty. It isn't. travel west to rockies or the ocean and you will see texas is butt fucking ugly, hot and miserable.

they are completely intolerant of weed, Muslims, and gays.

George Bush Jr. and Rick Perry have put men to death that have been proven innocent by DNA tests after there deaths.

FUCK TEXAS. My current state has lower taxes, better gun, laws, and medical weed laws.

There court system is racist and they have the most intrusive laws ever. Not to mention el paso fbi is bought out by drug cartels as proven by a wistle blower recently.

BTW "Don't Mess with Texas" is just an anti littering add campaign that jackasses miss quote.

As a resident of Texas for 20 years I am heartened to learn that you kept an open mind about the Republic.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
No question about it, death penalty is wrong! Every single innocent who brought to death by the government is an example that death penalty is wrong. It´s only revenge, you´ve got the right to choose, light or darkness, witch side are you on?

North Korea, China, Iran in one row with the USA. It´s a thing that i don´t understand.

I give a f*** of a last meal, give him a last cigarette.

:tiphat:

Have you seen the price on tobacco lately? How about a Junior Mint?

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
....Works great until you piss off someone in power, perhaps by seeking power yourself, i.e. running for election promising to fix corruption, and then suddenly find yourself being framed for theft.

...Works great until you piss off someone in power, say by being Dominique Strauss-Kahn, or a Duke lacrosse player, or Julian Assange, then suddenly find yourself framed for rape. It's not difficult to arrange--there's plenty of sluts out there willing to be paid enormously to seduce and fuck somebody willingly then turn around and fuck them over by claiming it was rape.

...Works great until the freedom-fighting organization you're a part of, which is seeking to put an end to corruption and tyranny in the U.S., is labelled as a "gang" and/or "terrorists" and character assassinated by the bought-and-paid-for U.S. media. Hard to argue that you're actually one of the good guys when all of this evidence suddenly turns up about the murderous activities you've been engaging in...even if you are totally innocent, and it was actually the government who killed those people. For reference, see Libya, and Syria.

.... etc

Exactly. You're a stupid pothead. Probably an ignorant sack of shit who only sits around smoking reefer and munching on Cheetos, cause that's all potheads are good for, right? We should just round up all the potheads and send them off to prison, cause if that's the kinda shit you wanna do to yourself then what's the point of having you around?

I trust you can now see a glimpse of why your thinking on this subject is EXTREMELY FLAWED. Do you not see and understand what you are doing here? You're blindly putting more power into the hands of The Man, which will then be used against you and your friends--guaranteed. The Man thanks you for willingly giving him and his buddies the power to incarcerate your ass at will for damn near anything...(even the Feds don't have an accurate count of how many laws are on the books today!)...and they love that you gladly and happily are throwing YOUR right to fair punishment (for crimes that shouldn't even be crimes, in many cases) right out the window, in the name of screwing over the "bad guys". You just made the exact same error that the snitch makes--giving the lawman power just to save your own ass. You think by helping The Man get the Other (Bad) Guy, that the cops will show you mercy or kindness when it's your turn? Haha...NOPE! Little did you know that you hold NO value to "The Man" and you will be fucked over at will whenever it suits him. How does it feel to be a tool?

First they came for the Jews...

nope, not flawed by a long shot, cause all of what i mentioned is shit that you wont catch me doing, and IMO is some haneous shit to do.

like i stated in a previous post, "do unto society as you would have them do unto you.

-dont want society to steal from you, then dont steal from it

-dont want society to murder you then dont murder it

-dont want society to rape you, then dont rape it

"giving them power" lol, i tell you what, either they do it or i do it, since i have nooo problem pullin that switch.

your talking a whole lotta shit and probably have your own "thing" going on in your head and are coming from a specific place in thought, i dont know you or your situation so thats to be expected, seeing as most of the referances im talking about are within MY society and area, you want to talk global then thats on YOU, i dont have any fam abroad nor dealings, im talking my own backyard

BUT you can read my previous posts in this thread and (like it or not) see EXACTLY where my points of view are coming from and EXACTLY what i mean to say and how i expressed it.

at the end there, you mention a whoooole lotta shit that no one is even talking about while all of my responses have been dead on in regard to the topic which makes it obvious that you wanna go "there", not interested. dont know anyone in lybia or syria, i got my own problems right where i am. they need help and got problems well so the fuck do! AND AS MISLEADING AS IT MAY BE, I DONT HAVE ANYONE COMING TO MY AIDE, NOT EVEN UNDER FUCKING FALSE PRETENSES!

so back on topic: should they get thier last meal? yes

allof the afore mentioned situations are/were things that anyone would have a choice in, YOU HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE!!! you tell me, at what point that that people dont have a choice in anyone of those situations.

the only one i can fathom is stealing, in certain situation i can understand that, i personally know alotta cats that have stolen from other only to better themselves for their greater good having strikes against them there society just wouldnt ignore, ok so do what you gotta do, i say, but you better be damned good at it cause you know what happens if your not.

so you have a great day and remember to always protect you and your family since thats all anyone of us have in this world and at the end of the dat whether they are here or abroad.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Let Texas do whatever the hell Texas wants to do. They didn't start last meals as a way to be nice. Texas started least meals as a way to say Texas justice ain't as bad as Texas crime. Then they execute 234+ inmates and one guy that doesn't eat his order pisses em off.

Hey, this guy's ungrateful... we'll show em all 'ungrateful'.

The Texas execution machine no longer wishes to give a single element of empathy. IMO, the Texas execution machine should no longer receive a single element of empathy from the general public. Especially when their go to pathologist, Dr. Death says people like Todd Willingham and others are more likely to murder again because they like Iron Maiden or they just happen to have black skin.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
A lot of people in this world struggle to get any food on their plates. Why should a condemned person get food priveleges over the starving. The money spent on that "last meal" could go to a better cause.

I feel that texas is a stupid, inbred, hick state and I'm glad that I'll never live there :2cents:

Thats how I feel about most states in the great USA

In most cases, FUCKEM!! Waste of tax payer money to feed some dirty fucks that committed pretty raw crimes.

The whole jail system is a F'ing sham tho.
SCRAP the last meal, better yet fuck mass jailing!

Fuuucckkk :snap out of it:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
A lot of people in this world struggle to get any food on their plates. Why should a condemned person get food priveleges over the starving. The money spent on that "last meal" could go to a better cause.

i agree since this is a truth/fact/reality for way too many ppl

N

narko

^there is more than enough food for all the people on the world. the problem is that we(rich countries) do want africa to starve. thats a fact.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a resident of Texas for 20 years I am heartened to learn that you kept an open mind about the Republic.

Well I lived there longer, from 6 weeks old to 26 years old. It is not a Republic, and they gave up their right to succeed, despite what dumb ass Rick Perry says.

I love Austin, but that is an Island of culture, in a state blandness and bullshit.

If you have anything to do with mmj I suggest you move, unless you wanna go to jail for a minimum of 5 years for one seedling, and a maximum of 20.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Well I lived there longer, from 6 weeks old to 26 years old. It is not a Republic, and they gave up their right to succeed, despite what dumb ass Rick Perry says.

I love Austin, but that is an Island of culture, in a state blandness and bullshit.

If you have anything to do with mmj I suggest you move, unless you wanna go to jail for a minimum of 5 years for one seedling, and a maximum of 20.

i agree with most of what you said except the penalties for growing.

check the norml web site (state laws). numbers don't count, only weight. over 4 ozs and under 5 lbs = 2 year sentence max for first offense...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
For those that have been proven to have killed their victim beyond a shadow of a doubt and there is no question of their guilt, Fuck em! I seriously doubt they offered their victims a last meal before they murdered them!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
For those that have been proven to have killed their victim beyond a shadow of a doubt and there is no question of their guilt, Fuck em!

The problem is, Juries are instructed that it is "Reasonable" Doubt...and what is reasonable to one, may not be to another--
Too many being set free after years in Prison due to DNA exonerating them-- Many from death row too--
I used to be in favor of the Death Penalty...but even 1 person dying while innocent is too many--

GP73LPC

Veteran
The problem is, Juries are instructed that it is "Reasonable" Doubt...and what is reasonable to one, may not be to another--
Too many being set free after years in Prison due to DNA exonerating them-- Many from death row too--
I used to be in favor of the Death Penalty...but even 1 person dying while innocent is too many--

I too used to support the death penalty...

Reasonable Doubt is key... And when 1 innocent was put to death I will forever have reasonable doubt about every future case...

Americans with their REDNECK ways, as compared to the civilized world, have over prosecuted to the point of innocents dying. Salem Witch Hunts much???

On the topic of REDNECKS, who saw Texas Gov Perry acting like a tough guy last night? I would have laughed my ass off if Romney dotted his eye, but then again Romney is a pussy. Aren't there any fucking moderates left in America?

GP73LPC

Veteran
no

no. lol. silly rabbit.

just vote Ron Paul if you want weed legal.

well the truth is, America is full of moderates, it's just the the fucking ASS CLOWNS on either end of the spectrum that get the attention.

Most of America is centrist or at least they used to be :cry:

i will waste my vote again. i will vote for Ron Paul or any libertarian or independent to keep me for voting for the existing party which consists of two (bought and paid for) branches, repubs and dems...

Latest posts

Latest posts