What's new

Texas growers unite

M

Movintarget

shiggs :jump: congrats.......on your seedling, was looking at your gallery It's bare?? I took some Pvc and came up with this for my cloning and veggin. Are you planning to grow in a cab?

Erestese

Movintarget said:
shiggs :jump: congrats.......on your seedling, was looking at your gallery It's bare?? I took some Pvc and came up with this for my cloning and veggin. Are you planning to grow in a cab?

Thats a nice lookin area you got there, my closet doesn't even hold a candlle to that room.

shiggs

Yeah, i went on a late ride and didnt get around to getting my pics uploaded. Ill get the pics of my ghetto rig up in the am. The speed that seedlings grow at still surprises me everytime.

Erestese

shiggs said:
Yeah, i went on a late ride and didnt get around to getting my pics uploaded. Ill get the pics of my ghetto rig up in the am. The speed that seedlings grow at still surprises me everytime.

I'm actually kinda curious as to how fast you guys seedlings grow, being inexperienced I naturally think mine are growing slow.

M

Movintarget

Howdy,
The C99's that I got as a freebie, took over a week to show their heads after planting in peat pots. On the other hand, the Blue mystic and Citral popped within 2 days and have almost out grown the C99's. During the seedling stage, It's easy to loose em from making simple mistakes Ie....over and under water. Poor rate of growth can be from a number of enviromental conditions as well as grower mistakes and age of seed. When I first started out, I always wanted to play with them....just step back and let nature do It's magical thing.

2 weeks for the C99's, 1 week for the Blue Mystic and Citral

shiggs

Out of the 8 bag seeds im germing, 1 popped in 4 days, 1 in five days, and the rest are still in the dirt.

That is a good looking grow space you have there, Movin.

Erestese

So yea, its basically the sober life down here in Central Texas, all the herb that is for sell is utter crap at the moment. My friend came over yesterday and tried to get me to smoke with him and I refused due to the bud having no shades of green whatsoever and a pungent smell that would make you gag. I cannot understand how people smoke buds that look like turds (100% serious).

I'll see if I can get some shots of it for laughter's sake today.

Movin, I guess you're right about age of seeds cause my seeds are at least from the 90's and they sure do have a slow growth rate, I got one out of three that is sooo tiny its ridiculous.

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Howdy folks,

shiggs.....Thanks, I'm able to move things around and have the room.
Erestese.....are you looking for smoke?......One of my packet of seeds has the date of last year stamped on it...yet they popped before the others...go figure.
So how is everyone? Any parties this weekend? Take care

White Widow and Northern Lights#5 X Big Bud

Erestese

Movintarget said:
Howdy folks,

Erestese.....are you looking for smoke?......One of my packet of seeds has the date of last year stamped on it...yet they popped before the others...go figure.

Yea, I am but everyone around here is either out or carrying this stuff that is beyond gross. The seeds are prolly from 92 so 16 year old seeds go figure. I meant to ask, do you do any breeding for seeds?

I haven't been to a party in a couple years, last one I went to as soon as I sparked up a doob I saw bubblegum lights everywhere and I had to book it into the woods.

shiggs

Damn, Movin'. You have a nice cache also. Hopefully i too will have jars of cured bud again. The one thing that really annoys about indoor growing, or at least myself as an indoor grower, is that I cannot decide on a design for a grow box. It is a maddening task.

No parties for me this weekend at this moment, although I am up for anything that comes up.

M

Movintarget

Evening folks,

Erestese.....I plan on doing some breeding this time around, my variety
is growing with each order.

shiggs....Thanks, lol...you'll have jars filled in no time.....on your grow box, keep it simple, but effective...

shiggs

Yeah, im trying to build a basic NGB cab and know that I want to grow organic scrog in soil. I just can't decide on how deep to make the cab and how many plants I want to run at one time. My current box is only 13x10x25 and I could run a 9 plant sog, but that seems like too much work. But, I think that a 4 plant scrog with dual 150s would be about the same complication.

M

Movintarget

shiggs...is that all the room you have? or is it the growing method that limits your space?

Bush Grower

Movintarget said:
Howdy folks,

Two thumbs up Movin. You're set for a while. I'm jealous.

I can't get my 1000w homebox going for a while. I just got moved into my house, but now a bunch of family are wanting to come over and see it. grrr. I'm sure they will want to go all through the house so I can't setup the tent just yet...

Sooo I'm working on a side project:

This is the start of my stealth setup. It will have a veg/flower chamber. Floros for veg, 250 watt HPS for flowering. I'll keep you guys posted as I'm gonna work hard to get 'er done because I wanna grow some dank. I haven't smoked in 3 months... wooow.

Once I get the homebox set up, this cab will hold my mom's, clones, and vegetative plants.

Now it's time to get to work :spank:

Erestese said:
So yea, its basically the sober life down here in Central Texas, all the herb that is for sell is utter crap at the moment. My friend came over yesterday and tried to get me to smoke with him and I refused due to the bud having no shades of green whatsoever and a pungent smell that would make you gag. I cannot understand how people smoke buds that look like turds (100% serious).

we must all be buying from the same guy. i went ahead and bought it because i was sick and needed some relief (whenever i have intestinal viruses, it seems to help in relief). the guy was basically embarrassed to sell it, but said that's all he could get right now.

bleh.

Haven't stuck my head in here in a minute.. closet monster update.. plus I got some new stuff in Soil.. Glad to see you've got a nice stash there Movin.. Kickass side project while the house is being inspected by relatives Bush Grower.. :muahaha: And to everyone else Como Estas? Sorry to hear about the dryness around for some of ya's.. Guess you either gotta wait it out or commute a little and Im sure a fellow head would help ya out.:wave:
DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

shiggs

Movintarget said:
shiggs...is that all the room you have? or is it the growing method that limits your space?

I was going to try and run a stealth speaker box grow and that's all the room I have in the boxes. But, now that I know I will be able to have a little more room and can easily make a larger box stealthy. I want to build a bigger box. I have one 10ft. 2x4 stick that I'm am going to split to frame out the box with, I just need to decide on a design. That being said, I did sketch out a box last night and think I have the dimension right. If not a little on the large side.

40x25x36 overall
32x25x36 for the flower chamber
8x25x24 for the veg chamber
8x25x16 for the utility chamber
I want to run dual 150s in cooltubes connected to a stanley blower pulling through a DIY air scrubber. If I can, I want to build the utility chamber to be able to exhaust directly into it to act as a muffler and to directly cool the electronics housed within.

That's my basic idea.

Last edited: