What's new

Texas growers unite

growDaddy

shiggs said:
hey, growdaddy. were you running a cool tube or open lights?

i had been running an open light, 150hps. My temp were really hot at 18" above the tops. I put the glass and have one input 80mm muffin fan and one output fan, held on to the light hood with foil tape, so it's a nice flow. I now have the glass about 8-9" from the tops, much cooler in the whole room. I am thinking about putting my other 150hps in also, with glass of course.

M

Movintarget

Good day all,

growDaddy...Sounds like you have your heat issues under control. Thats great....now we need to see a great grow.

GroworDie.....I've been checking out your thread, girls are looking good.

Erestese...I use the light yellow piss color for both soil and soiless.

i'mbacc...Did you ever get you a Ph kit?

casualtoker ....How's that Jock Horror doin ?

shiggs

Well, I heard back from seedboutique today and they basically said that if it's lost it could take up to 10 weeks for the order to return to them and then I would have to pay for them to ship this order back out to me.
That is if the order ever returns to them. If not im out the cash.
I guess come payday I will make another small order and hope that i get it this time around.

It does make me wonder though, I have ordered stuff from europe and china before and it did take a longer than usual via standard mail. So, I still have hope that it might show up.

Stay safe texans.

T

tex1969

Shiggs,
I never had a problem finding a few seeds in some good weed in south Austin. From Gillis park to Barton springs, get you a half once and if you have to ask them for a few seeds. I am sure you can get a few, just because they don't have the names your looking for you can still get something that if grown right will be great until you can get your orders.

budvapor

i've had mail from europe take many weeks to get here! it's the exception, but it happens. so you can still hope...

i'mbacc

Hey Guys and girls it's all good here!
Movin I haven't got around to getting me one yet. I flushed my WFarm and they are looking better. I've got some seedlings in jiffy plugs and they are shooting right on up.

shiggs

tex1969 said:
Shiggs,
I never had a problem finding a few seeds in some good weed in south Austin. From Gillis park to Barton springs, get you a half once and if you have to ask them for a few seeds. I am sure you can get a few, just because they don't have the names your looking for you can still get something that if grown right will be great until you can get your orders.

No doubt. I have some seeds sitting around and can get some varied strains from a guy that I know. The thing was that my cab is small and had wanted to run a heavy indica strain to keep size from being an issue.

Erestese

Austin is a fairly liberal city with a better pot market so I would assume it is easier to find seeds/clones of various strains but go into any small town outside of Austin and the availability of high-grade pot goes down very fast. Its been my experience that pot in smaller towns is one of two kinds, the occasional homegrown schwag or weed that came from mexico neither of which are appealing as far as quality goes.

maryj315

back in the 80s the shit that came over the border was awesome. now it is just crap starting back in the early 90s finding erb period got hard and cost money $100.00 for a ounce of Mexican. was good though then the price came down and so did the quality. that is why i started to grow my own. all of that stuff was down right shit and you still had to pay the same. why would you even wast your time growing that crap and what happen to all the good stuff. every once in awhile you see something good but mostly brown brick. got to love the good old days.

Last edited:

shiggs

Dirty Mexican Brick....:badday: why? Because there will always be someone who doesn't know better.

gotta work my way to 50 to see what this pm is, expect random posts today.

Hey movin,

If I follow correctly, those came from seedbay, right?

I'm 0-2 so far with seed orders (Dr. Chronic, sensible seeds). Sensible offered a discount for a re-try, so I went with them one more time, and also put in a small order with planet skunk, since some other folks have raved about them.

I lost some serious cash (for me) with Dr. Chronic, so I'm a bit hesitant to go with him again.

just wondering if seedbay has always been good to you.

shiggs

I too am thinking about seedbay for my next order of seeds, unless I can pick up some clones locally. have take care of this bs ticket I got lastnight first. effing douchebag cops.

four posts to go. woot.

M

Movintarget

Morning all,

On The BBC....... Yes from Seedbay, I have had nothing but success with both Seed Boutique and Seedbay, all orders arrived within 7-9 days. I recommend both...good luck

keeko

Movintarget said:
Morning all,

On The BBC....... Yes from Seedbay, I have had nothing but success with both Seed Boutique and Seedbay, all orders arrived within 7-9 days. I recommend both...good luck

i just placed an order to seedbay myself.....got me some critical mass from Mr. Nice.
also ordered from hempdepot some dr. atomic Northern lights.

things are looking good for the future :jump:

maryj315

Bush Grower said:
Glad you got your order shiggs... sucks they made you sweat so long. Waiting is the worst part.
did he get his beans? i have been waiting longer than usual myself if you did get them how long did it take?

shiggs

I still havent gotten my beans. Not yet, at least.

I did finally make 50 posts today, drained the battery on my phone in the process.

shiggs

It is a sad day gentlemen. My favourite bong just broke. This is what I get for cleaning my bong. :spank: This one was a b-day present from my girl and has served me well for just over a year.

I guess im heading to san marcos tomorrow to get this vase that is begging to be re-purposed as a bong drilled.

Rip -pinkie :badday: