What's new

Texas growers unite

casualtoker

yeah your order should have arrived by now. If you didn't receive a letter from customs then it's probably lost. Let them know so they can re-ship.

M

Movintarget

casualtoker....they look great, how big are your square pots? I'll be watching your grow to see what I'm in for.

casualtoker

Movintarget said:
casualtoker....they look great, how big are your square pots? I'll be watching your grow to see what I'm in for.
They are 8" square pots. I'm going to get a grow diary going here shortly, will let you know. This will be my first hydro scrog...

Erestese

I just flipped my lone plant to 12/12 three days ago hoping for a lady, one of the blades on the biggest fan leaves has spots and is curling on one side. Hoping my beans pop otherwise I'm sol. =[

maryj315

shiggs said:
Hey Movin,
Can I get a cutting off the ice and citral when you get those babies grown? Those 2 were in the final three to choose from for me when I ordered my K2, which I still havent received from seed boutique. I sent them an email today. I just hope this doesn't mean that I end up with a dea letter in the mail. Im really hoping they come through.
hey fellow Texans whats up mine are 8 days from sent, a little longer than usual but i would happily accept nothing instead of the dreaded letter. a little piece of advice i took was don't buy all your seeds at once.

shiggs

Oh, thats the thing. I only ordered one 10 pack of Nirvana K2. Plus the freebies from them, a total of 20 seeds. So i was trying to be stealth with my first orders of seeds.
But, yeah. I just hope they are lost in the quagmire that is the postal system.

maryj315

shiggs said:
Oh, thats the thing. I only ordered one 10 pack of Nirvana K2. Plus the freebies from them, a total of 20 seeds. So i was trying to be stealth with my first orders of seeds.
But, yeah. I just hope they are lost in the quagmire that is the postal system.
cool, way to be heads up on your first order.i can imagine getting that letter id be nerves as hell for a long time. fuck the money ill take my piece of mind instead and if it happens again sham on me.guess i would have to look elsewhere

i'mbacc

Hey guys or girls where can I get a ph meter from. I know my water has alot of calcium in it becuz it has a white build up on things when it dries. I think my girls have some kind of nute lock out.

i'mbacc said:
Hey guys or girls where can I get a ph meter from. I know my water has alot of calcium in it becuz it has a white build up on things when it dries. I think my girls have some kind of nute lock out.

I use one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hanna-HI9813-0-...ryZ75670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And one of these in my main setup: http://cgi.ebay.com/NUTRA-DIP-CONTI...ryZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good price on that hand held Hanna so far. I paid $185.00 for mine

Last edited:

i'mbacc

Damn these are hella high! There's no place I can walk into of like home depot or something that has something similiar to this?

i'mbacc said:
Damn these are hella high! There's no place I can walk into of like home depot or something that has something similiar to this?

You can get a test kit like for aquariums etc. from Wallmart or any pet store for cheap I guess. Probably use the strips or drops.

M

Movintarget

i'mbacc.....Go to Planet K get yourself a GH General Hydroponics PH test kit for around $20.00 It has PH Up/PH Down and the fluid you need to do the test..then adjust accordingly. You say you have nute lock out? Can you provide pics for review? It really depends where your at in your grow as far as what can be done and with what Ie...flush with Ph adjusted distilled water. The kit from GH is real simple.....best wishes

M

Movintarget

I know I saw them there pretty cheap...The kit has everything you need..
Ph up/Ph down, a small vial, measuring tube for the up/down, PH chart,
1. Take plastic vial place sample of water in vial
2. Take testing fluid 3-4 drops in sample vial...
3. Look at color (looking for piss yellow)
4. Use Ph up/down to achieve the piss yellow color

I test my water before and after adding my nutes

Erestese

So that shade of yellow for Soil or soilless, and I also check before and after and even before reusing the nute mix. First thing I did when I got mine was test my R.O water (broken atm) my tap water, some drinking water and some distilled water.

Last edited:

growDaddy

So I went to Lowes and they cut my glass to the correct size, so I got 2 pieces. I put a rubber spacers between the two pieces (quarter of inch) and put those on my light with foil tape, lowered my light to within 8" of the girls and put the thermometer between the top of plants and light. It stays at ~ 80f. Makes me so happy. Thanks

Today I am trashing my tube system in favor of a more traditional ebb-n-flow system, buckets and all. I think I have the ventilation problem in check, the light problem heat in check, the water problem in check, so what else am I missing?

my plan is to make my changes sit back and watch'em grow like weeds, spitting out THC ->

Last edited:

GroworDie

Very nice growDaddy. I'm glad that glass helped you out. My growing definitely took a huge turn for the better once I got my heat/vent issues under control.

I keep staring at your twirly THC....hypnotizing.

growDaddy

GroworDie said:
Very nice growDaddy. I'm glad that glass helped you out. My growing definitely took a huge turn for the better once I got my heat/vent issues under control.

Yeah, the glass really took care of my heat problem, thanks a lot.
stay tuned, I'm gonna have some pics that are gonna blow you away! (I hope, I hope, I hope)

Last edited: