What's new

Test your COCO!!! The B'cuzz I have been using tests at 2000ppm

N

noyd666

hi if you can get nutrifield coco blocks 5 kilo, or ready to go bags no need to do anything, allready buffered, ive used 4 years no probs. canna good too ,bit dearer.this is in aus. nutrifield has a site you can see what they do to treat it.:blowbubbles:google er up.:thank you:

I've been using coco for many many years now. There's clean coco, and there's dirty coco.

I tested House and Garden which tested pretty darn clean, Canna tested the best at only 100ppm above the water that went in, B'cuzz tested good many years ago, so I assumed it was still good to use. When I tested it recently, it came out around 2000ppm's which is not useable IMO.
I flushed all the pots with B'cuzz until I got the runoff to around 300 (with 180ppm water) and the plants bounced back.

Before that, plants were showing signs of overfeeding, burning, even with low strength, or even no food at all.

Canna and House and Garden are the brands I'll use today, but now I test every bag of coco I use.

It's just really nice to be able to pot up with dry coco just like dirt, and not have to mess with rinsing or pre-wetting.

After that, IMO testing runoff is uselss, as the numbers will Always be crazy high. I just go with knowing the coco is clean to begin with, and knowing exactly what goes into the pots, and this works very well for me.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Never bad to test your mediums. I cannot disagree with that.

But to the contrary, Bcuzz is not necessarily a dirty coco in my opinion.
10 years Atami Bcuzz coco straight out of the bag no rinse.

I'm not an expert grower and have been having some trouble later in plant life, but rooted cuts directly into Bcuzz have given me nothing but lush green healthy growth.

Straight Bcuzz Coco/ No rinse / Immediately giving rooted clones 6/9 Head Recipe (1.2 EC) using RO water:
picture.php

Maybe its geographical or other reasoning.
No problem with straight Bcuzz over here. I and dozens of friends using it right out of the bag. We do however water daily to run-off during initial phases of plant growth before going on the blumats.