What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenes for edibles

Pangea

Veteran
Sorry to hear your not able to get any relief.

Have you tried CBD at all?

Psilocybin seems to effect tolerance levels as well, potential health benefits as well, surely better than alcohol.

NMDA antagonists should lower tolerance immediately too (for a small window of time).

If you've been using high CBD for a while that's probably the biggest reason THC isn't working. Needed 3 days off of cannabis after I ingested 1000mg CBD syringe that a dispensary said initially was 1000mg THC. Nothing would work.

Hello All,

I have been reading this thread recently with great interest. I recently placed a very small order with True Terpenes and my order arrived. I havent had enough time yet to thoroughly test, but can at least provide my impressions thus far.

As another member already posted, I can verify that if using the default shipping, they do take quite a bit to ship. I did receive everything: It was packaged very well both for safe shipping and fairly good for storage. The quality is very good as well. The least expensive option for a small order to 'test the waters' was a sample pack of 5 strain profiles.

I intentionally ordered one strain( Super Lemon Haze) which I am familiar with to see how close it resembles the real thing. At least for the SLH it smells identical. which was a pleasant surprise.

Details and updates after I have had a few more days to evaluate it all! :dance013:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I am glad to see this thread have some legs.

Ringo - Sucks that you did not get an effect. Have you shared your terp edibles with any of your friends?

Mad Scientist - I have only tried the isolates, so I look forward to hearing about the TT profiles. These will have a more complete effect as they contain more of the trace terpenes. I make my own profiles, and the more terpenes that I added to my collection and recipes, the better that the effect became.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Oh yeah, I give my edibles to friends. Well, the few friends I have left. LOL

I gave a piece of my butter mints to the bartender where my band plays every week and he ate the whole thing and said he tripped for 2 days. LOL I ate 4 pieces and didn't feel anything.

I gave another piece of the candy to a girl I know. Tough broad. She ate a small piece of it and said she got off unexpectedly while she was driving and got lost and forgot where she was. She had to call her friend to come and get her. LMAO

My singer ate a piece of brownie that I made and he couldn't sing any more because his lips went numb. LMAO

So, based on some of the comments from my test subjects, everything is working as it should be. LOL Albeit, I am running out of friends to test. The bartender won't touch anything I bring in. LMAO

Hi Waterfarm,

First I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you have already put in, for sharing your experience and documenting it so well! :tiphat:

I definitely want to go the route of ordering terp isolates and doing my own custom blends. Given that it was my first order I wanted to make sure the company produced decent quality products and the cheapest way to try beta-caryophyllene, myrcene, linalool, humulene, and terpinolene as my initial focus. Also as you already mentioned, the strain profiles offer a nice pre-packaged way to see the effects of a diverse profile (without having to order 25 different terpene isolates).

The strain profile samples that I opted for are as follows:

1.) Super Lemon Haze- As previously mentioned, went for this one to serve as a good comparison due to lots of prior experience with this variety.

2.) ACDC- This profile consists of 50% myrcene. Serves as my myrcene-predominant 'indica' profile

True-Terpene-Profiles-Terpene-Test-ACDC-510x600.png

3.) Grandaddy Purple- Linalool (40%) Humulene (35%) Myrcene (17%) predominant. Another 'indica' profile
True-Terpene-Profiles-Terpene-Test-Granddaddy-Purple-510x600.png

4.) Clementine- Selected for sheer diversity- Roughly 30 different terpenes. Lots of lesser emphasized (phytol, nerolidol, etc) and also more expensive (alpha-bisabolol, ocimene)
True-Terpene-Profiles-Terpene-Test-Clementine-510x600.png

5.) Durban Poison- 75% terpinolene. A 'sativa' profile. A variety I have never tried, sheer curiosity.
True-Terpene-Profiles-Terpene-Test-Durban-Poison-510x600.png

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hi Waterfarm,

First I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you have already put in, for sharing your experience and documenting it so well! :tiphat:

I definitely want to go the route of ordering terp isolates and doing my own custom blends. Given that it was my first order I wanted to make sure the company produced decent quality products and the cheapest way to try beta-caryophyllene, myrcene, linalool, humulene, and terpinolene as my initial focus. Also as you already mentioned, the strain profiles offer a nice pre-packaged way to see the effects of a diverse profile (without having to order 25 different terpene isolates).

The strain profile samples that I opted for are as follows:

1.) Super Lemon Haze- As previously mentioned, went for this one to serve as a good comparison due to lots of prior experience with this variety.

2.) ACDC- This profile consists of 50% myrcene. Serves as my myrcene-predominant 'indica' profile

View Image

3.) Grandaddy Purple- Linalool (40%) Humulene (35%) Myrcene (17%) predominant. Another 'indica' profileView Image

4.) Clementine- Selected for sheer diversity- Roughly 30 different terpenes. Lots of lesser emphasized (phytol, nerolidol, etc) and also more expensive (alpha-bisabolol, ocimene)View Image

5.) Durban Poison- 75% terpinolene. A 'sativa' profile. A variety I have never tried, sheer curiosity.View Image

Thanks bud. Nice selection there! Look forward to hearing how these are working out.

Anybody know plants other than cannabis that contain terpinolene? I've tried looking it up a couple times and all I get is that it is extracted from 'various plants'.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Anybody know plants other than cannabis that contain terpinolene? I've tried looking it up a couple times and all I get is that it is extracted from 'various plants'.

They don't have secure link, but google "thegoodscentscompany" and your terpene. Tons of info and links of all sort. Here is an excerpt from their website on terpinolene under Occurrence (nature, food, other):

angelica root oil @ 0.87%
bergamot oil @ 1.0%
betel leaf oil @ 0.50%
cabocla flower oil brazil @ 0.70%
cajuput oil vietnam @ 5.9%
cananga fruit oil @ 0.8%
cassis bud oil @ 0.40-20.00%
crithmum maritimum l. oil turkey @ 0.70%
cypress cone oil egypt @ 3.9%
eucalyptus delegatensis r. baker leaf oil ethiopia @ 1.60%
eucalyptus globulus bicostata oil @ 0.98%
eucalyptus grandis w. hill ex maiden leaf oil ethiopia @ 0.80%
ferula cupularis flower oil @ 5.61%
fir needle oil canada @ 0.17-1.68%
fir needle oil siberia @ 1.12%
foeniculum vulgare piperitum oil @ 9.20%
hinoki leaf oil @ 1.00%
hypericum dogonbadanicum assadi oil iran @ 1.60%
hyptis suaveolens (l.) poit. oil mali @ 4.00-7.20%
juniper berry oil @ 1.00%
juniper berry oil CO2 extract @ 3.00%
juniper branch oil @ 1.00%
lime oil CO2 extract mexico @ 5.28%
lime oil distilled peru @ 9.70%
lime oil expressed florida @ 0.7%
lovage flower oil @ 1.50%
lovage seed oil @ 0.86%
mace oil @ 3.30%
mandarin oil @ 1.38%
mandarin oil avana @ 0.78%
mandarin oil avana @ 0.82%
mandarin oil italy @ 0.87%
mandarin oil italy @ 1.38%
marjoram oil sweet cuba @ 1.52%
marjoram oil sweet cyprus @ 1.70-2.40%
marjoram oil sweet egypt @ 4.59%
marjoram oil sweet egypt @ 7.81%
marjoram oil sweet iran @ 2.00%
myristica fragrans fruit oil @ 1.20%
nutmeg flower oil @ 0.48%
nutmeg oil hydrodistilled india @ 1.2%
nutmeg oil india @ 0.97%
parsley leaf oil @ 2.50%
parsley leaf oil egypt @ 2.78%
petitgrain grapefruit oil @ 2.20%
pine needle oil dwarf @ 2.15%
pinus sylvestris l. needle oil estonia @ 2.60%
plectranthus glandulosus hook f. leaf oil cameroon @ 25.20%
prangos uechtritzii boiss. et hausskn. fruit oil turkey @ 1.10%
protium heptaphyllum (aubl.) march resin oil brazil @ 28.50%
santolina oil @ 1.05%
tea tree oil australia @ 3.18%
trachyspermum roxburghianum benth. ex. kurz. seed oil india @ 1.90%

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Unfortunately (or fortunately) it was a beautiful day today and I was out riging all day. Probably not great to test edibles dosage while on a motorcycle so I will try the rosin tomorrow.

OK, here is what I am going to try.

Since the rosin is 1:1 and I going to split the Myrcene and Limonene 50/50. The Limonene seems to be dominant in the high THC strains and the Myrcene is dom in the CBD strains. At least that's a trend I saw. I didn't review too many.

100ul Limonene
100ul Myrcene
50ul Beta Caryophyllene
25ul Alpha Pinene
25ul Linalool

300ul total

If that doesn't do it, I'll double that and if that doesn't do it, I am pouring my terps down the toilet and going to the bar. Only thing you need with beer is pretzels. LOL

Under the pretense that Limonene and Mycene are somewhat contradictory, I eliminated the Myrcene and doubled the Limonene (as well as doubling all the others).

50ul Linalool
50ul Alpha Pinene
100 Beta Caryophyllene
200ul Limonene
0.5g Cinderella99 Rosin

Choco-candy

2 TBSP Coconut Oil
0.5g Rosin
0.75 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Pure Cocoa Powder
pinch Sunflower lechithin
dash Vanilla
dash Peppermint oil

Decarb rosin in 20 ml beaker at about 250F

Add 1 TBSP Coconut oil and lechithin, stirring and maintaining ~250F

Stir and cook until 100% blended and almost clear again.

Transfer mix to 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup (or similar) and remain on heat.

Add remaining 1 TBSP of Coconut oil

Add Honey

Stir until well blended

Reduce heat
Add terps
Add 6 or 7 drops of peppermint oil if you want it minty. Or, you can add a TBSP of Peanut butter. Or, toss in some crushed walnuts. Maybe some raisins.

Stir until blended and keep heat low so mix does not bubble.

Pour into molds or small dish and refrigerate.

Just making notes for tonight's munchie so I remember what I took. :)

Last edited:
Really appreciate the help there WaterFarmFam. Think I'll try out lime oil or marjoram oil as a source for this. Still having stellar results with clove, hops, lemon balm and limonene. Clove and limonene being the two most important.

If the plan is to eat the entire .5g in one sitting that sure is a lot of coconut oil to eat along with it (unless it's medicated coconut oil).

Have you tried dissolving the rosin in grain alcohol, mixing terps and then dosing as a tincture?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
That recipe made one normal sized Hershey bar. I added raisins to half of it. Yummy, delicious.

I had a piece last night just to taste it but I will eat the rest of the bar tonight. I don't expect anything but it's a quick way to get rid of rosin so I can play with my new rosin press some more. LOL

Tincture doesn't work for me. I would have to put a pint under my tongue. LOL I get drunk before I get anything from the cannabis.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Have you tried not using cannabis for 4-5 days? Sounds like you're over saturated and it's gumming up the works. ;) I'm a medical user, so it's not something I like to do and... it usually significantly reduces the amount of cannabis you need for the same effects. :)
Save

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have tried abstaining over the years and it does nothing. Either by force (while in the hospital or jail) or by choice, there have been a handful of times where I have done without pot for a week or so. There's absolutely no difference in my tolerance on the first return joint. Maybe for a few minutes.... LOL But, that's about it.

This is a topic for another time and place but I don't (and never have) believed that it is a tolerance thing. If it is, I have the same tolerance problems with coke and booze and opiates and speed and crack and smack and PCP and MDA and LSD and every other substance I have used and abused all my life. Nancy Reagan must possess my body and just says no to drugs. LMAO I have always had incredible tolerances to everything. No idea why. But, like I said, that's a topic for another thread. LOL

Before you ask why....I just enjoy cannabis as a hobby. I have done many things in my life and this is just what I am doing at this particular time. I love growing and pressing and sifting and sorting and distilling and winterizing and funneling and all the other cool stuff that is part of the incredibly fast growing world of cannabis..... joined FC a few months ago and have spent a grand on vapes since then. LMAO

A great hobby that is ever changing.

And, I have not smoked a cigarette since December 9th. :)

I have a huge tolerance to alcohol, benzos, cannabis, opiates and pretty much everything else as well. Putting me under for surgery has always been a very lengthy ordeal cause I just won't go.

It really sounds like you're dehydrated, have an electrolyte imbalance or hypertension. These things make it hard to feel the effects of certain drugs. Try drinking 32 oz of Gatorade over 12 hours and supplement magnesium theonate & tyrosine. The type of magnesium you get is very important.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. The information is extremely valuable and the discourse has been very enjoyable. I look forward to applying this to my own edibles in the near future.

Thank you all again. :)

ozzieAI

Veteran
well i have been playing with adding terps to caps and my first experiments weren't that successful in making any difference to the experience...but after more testing i have found that they do add an extra dimension to the effect...

limonene as others mentioned has a definite effect but so do the others if you are able to do comparisons between batches with/without.

i have found that keeping the recipes simple ie no more than 4 terps added back had the most notable difference....

i am working on 3 main recipes for day, night and party time....i will post these once i have pinned down the actual ingredients/quantities...but generally i am adding 2mls of terps to about 20 grams of decarbed buds...

just need more buds to harvest as my stash is now very depleted...

Latest posts

Latest posts