What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terp Trommel!

snake11

Also I'm curious how this is being produced without violating patents. There are numerous patents for thin film distillation and their apparatus already.

snake11

I'm still a little confused on how this works though, like do you put "shatter" into this and it separates the terps and stuff? Wouldn't shatter or purged oil be too thick?
What is the purpose of separating all these compounds?

Your feed material(shatter or whatever) is heated to make it less viscous. The system allows you to remove impurities and create a higher grade oil. Also allows you to remove solvents from your extractions.

snake11

No I think it makes bho then splits it into its diff fractions.

It does not make bho. This is not for extracting, it is for purifying. The oil is put into the hopper on the upper left where it is heated and fed into the cylinder with the roller attached.

Pangea

Veteran
Pretty sure you have to use a properly viscous feed material, and many are accomplishing this by adding ethanol to their oil.

snake11

Pretty sure you have to use a properly viscous feed material, and many are accomplishing this by adding ethanol to their oil.

You should only have to do that if you do not have a heated feed. With heated feed you are able to control the viscosity more.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to ask, how the hell do you guys make this shit? Do you just come up with an idea and then contact some kind of manufacturer to make the parts or the units themselves based on your designs?

I mean this Still looks like it was made by a multi billion dollar pharmaceutical company.....

I personally learned equipment design working as a manufacturing engineering program manager in aerospace, with a team of bright peers available for brainstorming new ideas.

We are currently using some of my tried and true resources for building that equipment, as well as some new ones we continue to discover.

One thing I did learn in aerospace, and that is if you want a professional job done, if at all possible, go to the professionals who routinely do it for a living and make quality work look easy.

I'm still a little confused on how this works though, like do you put "shatter" into this and it separates the terps and stuff? Wouldn't shatter or purged oil be too thick?
What is the purpose of separating all these compounds?

I feel like a complete idiot around here sometimes, even though I have technical skill and knowledge out the ass.

You put winterized BHO in it, and it separates it into three buckets, that are roughly C-10 Monoterps, C-20 (21)Diterps, and C-30 Triterp sized molecules. Because we are running in the neighborhood of 200C, the oil is a liquid.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
You put winterized BHO in it, and it separates it into three buckets, that are roughly C-10 Monoterps, C-20 (21)Diterps, and C-30 Triterp sized molecules. Because we are running in the neighborhood of 200C, the oil is a liquid.

how are folks using the fractions that are not THC?
do they smell good or bad?

are you smoking them?

Breakover

So, in the spirit of being open source, and since this forum has provided so mich info, let's nail down some parameters for wiped and rolled film (which I can only assume is similar).

I'll start. These are the settings that seem to work well on a Pope wiped film. All temps in C.

Evap - 132
Condenser - 75
Vac - 100 mTorr.

Latest posts

Latest posts