What's new

Tents: Homebox, Hydrohut, Secret Jardin, Growlab Ect

Gold123

One suggestion, you have your fan/filter and light suspended from the lower roof supports.
It would be better to have them hanging from the top poles. I made the same error when I first set up my tent. I know it will be a pain but the extra support if you switch it will be welcome if you bend one the way it is. I ordered an extra one of each of those supports so there were 3 in each direction. They realy came in handy and distriduted the weight better.
Nice set up

Gold123

Another note, the bottom tray goes inside the frame not outside like you have it. When it's on the inside you can take it out for clean up and if you have a spill the poles don't get wet and rust. It has velcro straps to hold it in the corners.

GanjaGrow

Highly recommend this site for tents to the US

Highly recommend this site for tents to the US

I got mine from bghydro, though they seem to own the Growlab brand and are switching to the Growlab tents as such.

4hydroponics.com has both tents you are looking for, and I highly recommend that shop anyways.

I've finished prolly 7-8 rounds in my Darkroom tents, been using them for well over a year now. Had one and bought another when it was time to upgrade, so i have an older model 120 and a newer model 150 with improved zippers and flaps.

I've been looking for a tent in the 140 size and thanks to Mr. Bongjangles link to 4hydroponics.com I'll be getting a dark room for cheap with FREE SHIPPING!
Their prices are quite cheap and if you spend over $250 like me you get it shipped anywhere in the lower 48 free.

ambr0sia- check this place out for a dark room.

elfstone

I just bought a GL120 for a flowering room from bghydro.com (through Amazon). The new blurb indicates that they have fixed the corner tears and upgraded the zippers to super sturdy, and since Homebox is the manufacturer, I decided to just take the risk and go for the 2nd generation model.

I am planning on running a 1000W Hortilux Super Blue Dual Arc in an air cooled Hydrofarm Radiant hood. I also want to fit a charcoal filter in there somehow and am considering attaching an Elf to the intake side of the light and pulling air through the light with an Active Air 4" fan and venting it out of the built-in ceiling hole. Is this feasible? Any better suggestions on how to fit a filter into the same line as the light? I am hesitant to blow air through the light as fear.loathing.sf is doing when the fan is really designed to pull.

Gold123

I just bought a GL120 for a flowering room from bghydro.com (through Amazon). The new blurb indicates that they have fixed the corner tears and upgraded the zippers to super sturdy, and since Homebox is the manufacturer, I decided to just take the risk and go for the 2nd generation model.

I am planning on running a 1000W Hortilux Super Blue Dual Arc in an air cooled Hydrofarm Radiant hood. I also want to fit a charcoal filter in there somehow and am considering attaching an Elf to the intake side of the light and pulling air through the light with an Active Air 4" fan and venting it out of the built-in ceiling hole. Is this feasible? Any better suggestions on how to fit a filter into the same line as the light? I am hesitant to blow air through the light as fear.loathing.sf is doing when the fan is really designed to pull.

I read a long post somewhere that explained air circulation and blowing in is the way to go. I have a seperate fan blowing through the light drawing in from the outside and blowing out the tent using flex ducting. Reasons, the light is cooled whenever it's on. Venting the tent with another fan can be turned on and off as needed such as too hot, too cold, high or low humidy, I turn off the venting for co2 3 time a day for an hour each. If the same fan cooled the light you couldn't do this.

Gold123

I have a Custom Automated Products REG 1 co2 regulator and Co2 tank, from local hydro store. Hooked up to timer, it runs 3 times a day and the exhaust fans go off for a hour each time. Set regulator per chart that was included for size of room or in this case tent in cubic feet. Very easy. It comes with a length of tubing, but I placed my tank remotely so I got a long roll of tubing from home depot. For circulation I have the end of the tubing attached to the back of my oscillating fan. A full tank lasts more than one grow with my 4x8x8 tent.

elfstone

Got the GrowLab 120 and set an Active Air 4" fan in the roof with a Deau Passe Organic Air charcoal fiber filter on the exhaust side toward the ceiling. It works so well I decided to use the 120 for the veg room and bought a GrowLab 145 for the flowering room. Beautiful workmanship on the second generation tents. I am very happy with the results.

Does the CO2 make a big difference in final product? Is it worth the investment?

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
From Page 1...

The stitching also suffers from light leaks, but it's nothing a little duct tape won't fix. Most of the areas that are a little leaky are covered with velcro flaps, so it's not that bad overall.

You can use iron on patches for the seams. I think this would be the better fix over duct tape. You'll have to be careful when ironing the patch to the tent canvas.

From Page 2...

Even my grow lab gl120 leaks are the zippers and there's some pinholes around some of the stitching.

You might be able to sew a flap on the inside of the tent that covers the zipper(s). My camping tent has this feature and it helps keep water from leaking in.

From page six...

You might be able to sew a flap on the inside of the tent that covers the zipper(s).

You mean the outside of the tent.
Yeah whatever...

D

Deaner

I just got a Homebox XS and it's very sturdy! It holds a compact 250 Watt HPS with no problem - and it's easily the heaviest light I've ever held. I am getting a Homebox S for flowering in the near future.

elfstone

Just another note: the 4" fan proved insufficient to fully cool the Hydrofarm Radiant reflector, so I bought a 6" fan and 6" Deau Passe Organic Air charcoal fiber filter, which sits nicely in the ceiling port, along with a 19" Cooltube reflector. Ambient temperatures now stay comfortably around 75F. The 6" fan is definitely necessary to keep a 1000W light sufficiently cool in a tent space. The Deau Passe filter completely eliminates all odor. The Cooltube is great! I can put my hand within 6" of the lamp and still feel comfortably cool.

G

Gobwats

Just another note: the 4" fan proved insufficient to fully cool the Hydrofarm Radiant reflector, so I bought a 6" fan and 6" Deau Passe Organic Air charcoal fiber filter, which sits nicely in the ceiling port, along with a 19" Cooltube reflector. Ambient temperatures now stay comfortably around 75F. The 6" fan is definitely necessary to keep a 1000W light sufficiently cool in a tent space. The Deau Passe filter completely eliminates all odor. The Cooltube is great! I can put my hand within 6" of the lamp and still feel comfortably cool.

There is a formula on here somewhere that makes use of the lamp wattage and fan CFM rating to calculate the effect on ambient temperatures; you can use it with an acceptable temp differential to find out what size fan you need to use. Fairly basic thermodynamics, but typically the higher the CFM the cooler the lamp temps will be.

greenallover

Pretty much the SECRET JARDIN ROCKS.

cat-indoorenclosures_secret.jpg

You can get hella good prices on them all over. The Secret Jardin won Greners.com grow tent review.

http://www.greners.com/expertadvice/grow-tent-review.html

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
greners.com is a really great site. best prices on tents that ive seen personally. im awaiting the arrival of my gl80 $161.50 shipped to the midwest from cali:tiphat:

Preacharound

Of all the boxes the Secret Jardin are certainly the best. Double zippers, ample ports with drawstrings, super high quality construction guaranteed to last, heavy duty removable mat, straps for hanging ventilation, ample support cross bars to hang your gear.

Very high quality and the company really has gone the extra mile.

I'm using a 300W. I've got pretty large reflectors for my 1K watt lights and they are suspended along with a 10" fan, electric, and ducting. The four velcro ports at the base of the tent are light tight when closed. The zippers are very heavy duty and they are doubles. A very small amount of light is able to poke through the zippers but it is so minute it's comparable to starlight. Though much less luminous than starlight.

Access in the front and rear. The entire front face and sides of the tent come off quickly for complete access.

I have tripped and fallen into the tent head first carrying a bucket of water. Nothing bent or broken. The most important part of my garden after my green thumbs.

Informative thread....
seems like the homeboxes are a good choice for those working on budget constraints...

speaking of, does anyone have experience with the homebox seconds at bghydro? Those prices are just too good.

Not worried about if it's not quite as reflective, just want to make sure there's none of those gassing issues and thats why they're ditching them off cheap??

Latest posts

Latest posts