What's new

Tents: Homebox, Hydrohut, Secret Jardin, Growlab Ect

Neuronaut

Haven't shopped around but the gl120l's are $450 after shipping at bghydro. This is the 4x8x7 model (approx).

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Wow, that homebox looks impressive! Especially the smaller homebox line. @ $130 that's better than a homedepot cab!

RandomKindness

Even my grow lab gl120 leaks are the zippers and there's some pinholes around some of the stitching.

i would suggest contacting Steve at everest garden supply and letting him know of the issue, he is very involved with his product and would probably wantt o know about this

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
So you guys are saying that the so called "top of the line" grow tents aren't even light proof??? WTF??????? Why would I pay 450 for a GL120L that leaks?

Why would you pay 450 for a tent in the first place?

They can be made light proof. Just like any cabinet grow, you have to make some adjustments to get everything right.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i would suggest contacting Steve at everest garden supply and letting him know of the issue, he is very involved with his product and would probably wantt o know about this
Could u pm me a contact number for them?
Overall I would say it's an excelent product, but something that you can disesemble in 5 minutes or less can only he so light proof. The material is tough for sure

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i am feeling a general negativity towards these new (and old) tents. Are any of them light proof out of the box? this is important to me...

I need a good tent for my 1k

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont think you are going to find one that is perfectly 100% lightproof out of the box, but with some very minor tweaks you can get them very close. i am working on a diy to make your own that would be at least 1/2 the cost, wish my project luck, peace and smoke

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
i am feeling a general negativity towards these new (and old) tents. Are any of them light proof out of the box? this is important to me...

I need a good tent for my 1k
They work ok,just could be better.
I have 2000w verticle in mine, and when it's dark in the room it looks like a planetarium with thousands of tiny stars!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Because that's how much they cost

Sounds like you need to shop around...

http://cheaphydroponics.com/store/grow-tents/the-homebox-xxl-portable-grow-tent/prod_495.html

picture.php

The Homebox XXL measures 7' 10 1/2" x 3' 11" x 6'7".
It's listed for $375.

I ordered my Homebox from them months ago and paid even less than the currently listed price...

Last edited:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
norcal I would say stick with the growlab. I do like mine alot. I'm running 1k in my gl120 and the light leaks comming out of it are minor.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello, i spoke to the DR manufacturer and they confirmed that the zippers fail on users, they are done with the DR and are focusing on the growlab.

Dude stop spreading this misinformation.

Your buddy Steve at Everest Garden Supply is not the Jardin manufacturer - they were just a distributor who has switched to another tent that they are directly associated with. They never had one bad thing to say about the Jardin tents until they started selling the Growlab tent, so I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Secret Jardin tents are not going away, even though people like you are trying to make everyone think that they are going away in favor of this Growlab tent. Your post quoted above is a clear attempt to make people think that.

Anyways, for some final clarification for everyone since there are some mixed signals out there... Only Everest Garden Supply and BGHydro, who appear to own the Growlab Horicultural brand itself, will be switching to Growlab over the Jardin tents.. Other retailers will continue to sell them and other distributors will continue to distribute them, 4hydroponics.com for example.

Don't believe all this hype that Secret Jardin is going away or that they had anything to do with this Growlab tent.. The only people who want you to think that are people who make money off the Growlab tent and the only people saying that are either BSing on purpose or have been misled by the other people.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Well I never contacted that dude but I kinda wish I got a dr. The grow lab 120 doesn't have side access doors, well you can unzip the sides right back. Hmmm I dunno the grow lab is pimp. Went up reeaally easy with very limited space to work with.

Edit: LOL the dude I talked to at bg when I ordered the dr knew nothing about the tent really. I was asking about the material it was made out of on the outside and he had like no clue what I was talking about.

Last edited:
G

Gobwats

In week 6 of flowering in my second garden grown in a Secret Jardin DR80 and I have yet to find anything to really complain about. Yes, I can see slight traces of light through the zipper during the photoperiod, but I can also maintain both positive and negative pressures on it so the leaks are nothing really. Inside I have seen no light leakage even in a well lit room. They do tend to hold heat, that is what ventilation systems are for; once you get it where you want it they stay there. I use CO2, so a bit of extra heat is a good thing actually. I'm about to buy a second DR so I can setup a separate flowering room; for the price and ease of setup (I love to DIY but I'm disabled) I have yet to find anything better.

I'm with Gobwats..... The DR 240wide that I have is the 2nd Secret jardin tent I have bought and I have been nothing but happy with them. I use one for veg and one for flower and they are great! BTW, stay warm if you're in KY Gobwats, hope that storm passed you by

dirkdaddy

count me as someone who is more than satisfied with a dr80. home depot offers a really simple solution for lightproofing the intake flaps at the bottom. in the section where you buy portable A/C accesories (filters, etc) there is a thick, black cloth looking filter you can buy meant for portable A/C units. its pretty large and you cut it yourself to fit. buy a couple packs of that, fold it over so its "double thick" thus allowing less light through, cut to fit the flaps, and apply to the open flaps at the bottom. the material is porous allowing air through but light does not appear to escape back out when lights are on so it also light proofs the flaps. it also serves as an air filter and captures an insane amount of dust so it is doubly good. should probably replace them every few months.

the filter stays on the intakes via the negative pressure of whatever fan you have. a more permanent solution would be something like aluminum tape but I have not experimented yet.

Last edited:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Hmmm I'll have to check that filter/light blocker for the intake flaps on my gl120