What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tennessee Hogsbreath Clone

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
this is what my post was in response to, calling the Tennessee cut the "legit one" is like saying the SD hogsbreath is not the original, or a legit cut. All im saying is hogsbreath is a san diego strain, the original hogsbreath that is.

You keep saying the Cali is the Original so how is that any different? Hogsbreath may be in San Diego and its obviously in Tenn as well. The title of the thread is "Tennessee Hogsbreath Clone" so that is what I thought we were discussing.

Pictures and descriptions have been posted on the Cali version and it doesnt match up to the pictures and descriptions of the Tennessee version. So we are dealing with either different versions all together or there are different phenos.

Last edited:

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
this is what i think.
Either the guy james was from Tennessee, and later moved to san diego.
There is a strain from Tennessee that was given the hogsbreath name, purely coincidental and unrelated to the SD hogsbreath.

Regardless, the hogsbreath has been a 'famous' strain in SD since the early 90's.
Sorry for clogging up your guys thread. But this has been a discussion/argument of us claiming the SD hogsbreath is the legit original, and you disagreeing saying the tennesee cut is the original.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Where did I ever post that the SD cut wasnt the original? Who knows which came first, we just know there are obviously two or two different phenos. When I was saying REAL Tenn Cut I am reffering to the fact that CV has the actual Tenn Hogsbreath cut because of the THSeeds crap that was brought up not to discredit the fact that there is a hogsbreath in Cali.

So No I did not start this Cali cut posting when the title is clearly about the Tenn Hogsbreath cut.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Main thing is the Real Deal Hogsbreath is from Tenn without a doubt.

There is two going around. The legit one is from Tennesse and there is another clone that goes by the same name or something similar in Cali which is what Humble posted pics of. Its possible someone took the Tenn cut crossed it with something and just claimed it as their own who knows. I can tell ya I am on the East Coast and I have had the Tenn Hogsbreath back in early 2000 and its fire. Tenn. Hogsbreath is from and is just that.

Cheers!!
-G/O

this is what i perceived as you saying the SD hogsbreath is not the real deal.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Gotcha. I can see how it was worded that way. Not my intentions to discredit a cut without having much background info on it. Like I said its obvious there are 2 different phenos or cuts of hogsbreath or its just a coincidence on the name.

Those post were also made before more info on the cali cut was posted as well. Now I know there is another from cali. Today was the first had heard of the cali cut as well as pics of it.

Highersolutions

Veteran
I have already said it once, the info I quoted is not from any seed bank website or breeder website. If the description is used for a THSeeds strain then they ripped off the description from somwhere else. Until it was mentioned in this thread I didnt even know that THSeeds had anything closely related to Hogsbreath. So NO none of my references towards the cut CV is using has anything to do with whatever strain that THSeeds is pushing as HOG. Hopefully that clears up any confussion my posts my have caused.

The pictures that Weird Jimmy posted are the closest representation of the Tenn Hogsbreath clone that have been posted so far. Hopefully Red or CV can post up the one that they have.

^Never mind...:wallbash:

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
man i thought EVERYONE who grows herb has a copy of the cannabible. I mean jason king is a bit of a gibber, but its nice to have his book as a reference. The first cannabible has a post about the hogsbreath, and its most definitely the SD one. i believe that was published in 2001.
But i think its most likely just a coincidence and the tenn. hogsbreath was given its name cause of its smell, and completely unrelated to the SD HB

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
wheres the pics from the grows the seeds were made from?
i wanna see some pics of the Tenn. HB
weirdjimmys pics are the tenn cut? Cause he describes the smell/aroma to be the same as humbles description?

TonyGreenHand

I said his looks more like it than that purple one, I couldn't say because as previously stated the easiest way to tell would be from large fan leaves, at least from pictures.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
dont judge the purpling in Humbles pics, as a majority of his strains he grows have purpling fan leaves. If you check out his albums youll see everything is maxxed out to the fullest, ive seen colors on clones grown by him that i havent seen anyone else getting similar results with same clones

TonyGreenHand

I'm saying even the bud structure is off in humbleguys pictures, that flat-headed bubba-esque nugget was totally unlike the Ten. cut in question. Humbleguys plant was grown very well, but doesnt look A THING like it, aside from them frosty frosty nugs.

So now that we know they are two different things can we start talking about just the Ten cut?

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I far as I know, the cut I have made its way to Michigan from a guy who bought it in SD for 5K back in the 90's. That guy brought it to the Denver area where he shared it with another guy who ended up bringing it to Michigan in 2000 or 2001.... But I always thought the SD and the Tennessee were the same genetics? just not sure where it originated?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CMON PEOPLE! Internet grow sights are NO PLACE to resolve questions and minor disagreements...TENN HB ONLY!

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wheres the pics from the grows the seeds were made from?
i wanna see some pics of the Tenn. HB
weirdjimmys pics are the tenn cut? Cause he describes the smell/aroma to be the same as humbles description?

I might not have that smell description exactly right... it's so hard to describe this smell, but it the taste is exactly the same as the smell

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooo..lemme get this straight...the one that someone is holding up as the tennessee cut and pointing to your pics as reference...saying has nothing to do w cali...you got that from san diego? Thats the very definition of irony!

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooo..lemme get this straight...the one that someone is holding up as the tennessee cut and pointing to your pics as reference...saying has nothing to do w cali...you got that from san diego? Thats the very definition of irony!

lol, that's why I was saying I thought they were they same genetics. The pics that humble posted look a lot like the HOG that THSeeds fuck with

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
I wrote a long response on my phone went 2 post and logged me out. Sorry ya'll still no power and after writing all that out 2 have it erased I'm pretty ticked off so I might not catch up on my threads til I can get my laptop back up and running. Hope all of ya'll are safe and gardens doing well. Take care 1