What's new

Tell me ALL of the reason this wouldn't work.

C

Cheeb

Cheeb how do you plan on dealing with the heat created by those Ac units in a garage? That is something that I have always wondered...

I'm hoping I can have a 10" MAX exhausting at the top of the garage itself.

I'm waiting on a few replies back concerning some 6x12 trailers.
I'd like to go bigger, but my current garage wont fit it.

I dying to do this so I'm just going to snag a 6x12 and build it out w/ 8 600w lights. (4800w total). Sealed w/ co2 (propane). Hydro method will be medium-less ebb&flow. Going to be crammed, but we'll make it happen.

Dankgravy

I'm hoping I can have a 10" MAX exhausting at the top of the garage itself.

I dying to do this so I'm just going to snag a 6x12 and build it out w/ 8 600w lights. (4800w total). Sealed w/ co2 (propane). Hydro method will be medium-less ebb&flow. Going to be crammed, but we'll make it happen.

I'm considering doing something very similar, so I will def be keeping track on yours.. Especially how that AC works in the garage.. Where I live the summer is in the 90s and regularly hits 100, so AC is going to be huge for me. I was thinking of maybe installing the AC unit as I normally would in a window and then just ducting the cool air into the trailer..

I was also thinking of going vert, but I would have to use cooltubes because there is no way not to air cool lights where I live. So that might throw me off

:laughing::laughing:
I might be confusing you with someone else, but could have sworn you were taking a break ;)

R-board + PL Roofing Polyurethane would solve any insulation issues on a budget :)

Pond liner on the floor, could build in a drain & pull up over the garage drain, no problem there, could also bypass the drain if doing dirt or coco w/minimal runoff, excess can be sucked off the pondliner with a wet/dry vac.

I'm all for this, count me in, mark my words next fall I'll put on a show in one for sure. I've rented several "storage" type garages over the years for low key repair business, never had a fire inspection because I've never pulled a license from town hall, always wanted to grow this way but never could work around the landlord thing. To anyone who doesn't see the advantages to this your nuckin futs- wrap up the cords, throw everything in the trailer & close the door in the event of an inspection. You can EASILY find a place for UNDER $800/month that has everything you would want to grow- no neighbors, a bunch of open space, and a panel ;)

Even if you were running an unsealed room you'd want a way to thoroughly plug up every hole quickly in case of emergency, close everything up & empty a few cans of spray paint ;)

Yah`mon

good idea with the liner... you could also put in a floor drain.. and have it drain into a reservoir attached the the bottom of the tailor, similar to those blue long rectangular shallow ones you see on camping tailors.

Keep us posted cheeb. Do you have a journal going for this? If so link please... I'd like to come a long for the ride.

Yah`mon :tiphat:

beardy

Hey y'all,

After lurking for a few weeks I finally made an account! Feels good to be legit :wave:

I signed up specifically to be able to use the 'search forums' function, in order to find out if this bad-ass trailer idea has been discussed... And how delighted I am now, nine pages later!
But it looks like this thread has been swept under the rug for the time being, soo lemme shake it out real quick if you don't mind.

Did vag make it rain?? Did anybody else get inspired and throw something together?? I'm down to follow in your footsteps but the scent has gone stoned cold. Lend some knowledge to a fool : )

-beardy

Mr Eckted

Only problems I can think of:

You'd still need to lightproof the thing, they aren't light tight (or airtight) when they come from the factory. That's pretty easy.

Have it inspected before you register it if need be. In BC and Alberta, we don't have to get annual trailer inspections or anything.

If you're pretending to be a business, don't forget that you're still subject to Commercial Vehicle Inspections on public roads. They can look in your trailer without cause or a warrant.

Make sure that everything is secure in the event you have to take off quick, although I guess this is really not ESSENTIAL, so long as you don't get busted, you can grow new plants.

Other than that, I can't really think of much. It's actually a really really good idea. So much so that I think I might do it myself. I'm pretty sure I will actually. It's a shame we aren't located a little closer too, or I could take some of that extra gear off your hands, haha.

TLoft13

@Vagina: You should use another medium/ pots, which are installed in a way so you can move without problem on a seconds notice. The way you depicted it they would be flying all over the place at the slightest bumb. And you would need contingency backup for the carbon air, battery?

sso

Veteran
course you just announced your plans to the world.

now anytime anyone read this is going to see trailers like that, they are going to think MJ grow?!

neat idea though.

(i wonder about flir though and passing cops)

Mr Eckted

course you just announced your plans to the world.

now anytime anyone read this is going to see trailers like that, they are going to think MJ grow?!

neat idea though.

(i wonder about flir though and passing cops)
Hopefully he can resist painting a pot leaf on the side of it then.

There are tens of thousands of trailers just like that in any medium sized city.

FLIR requires a warrant were he lives, and the trailers would be parked inside anyways. Just vent them to the warehouse. To police helicopters it would look like the shop was heated.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Bolt a motel Heat /a/c unit @ the front top over the tongue and a dummy propane tank below it. It explains the AC power when parked and the fan sound. Passive air vents with light traps in floor. I'd go with gravity drained buckets into a chassis tank below with an auto feed rez. A couple of sticks/ angle iron/ pipe @ bucket shoulders in case you gotta roll. Stick on sign that says:

Capt.Vag Punchers Fish-sticks...Premium 'High' Quality.

Who wouldn't want to rent to an aspiring fish-stick mogul?

Awesome information being dispensed on this thread.
100% confidence OP will kill this.
Grow on!
:tiphat:

If leroy doesn't beat him to the punch.............

.......... I bought a 6 x 14 trailer today :)

I'm thinking 3 600's vertical 3 shelf w/50 plants per light, 8" scrubber & passives that will be on timers that open & vent at lights on, lights off they will close up & a dehuy will kick on. Let's get talkin' 'cause construction is going down asap, expect pics within a week, I want to have 3-5 of these things within the next 8 months. :thank you:

EXHAUSTED right now. Wish I just bought an enclosed trailer instead of making my own, but oh well.

Things are coming along nicely though, 6 x 12 w/6' cielings. I will be throwing some plants in it in a few hours and vegging my outdoors in it for the next few months, still not sure exactly how I am going to set it up for when the time comes to use it to flower in regards to sealed or unsealed, but I'm now leaning towards sealed. 1,800 watts (3 600's) might change, I might run 4 x 600's, 3-shelf system.

picture.php

Here's a pic of my first vert grow, mostly ECSD, about 50, around a 600 hps. I'm kinda dissapointed because I didn't veg long enough and/or had some cold wet soil right after transplant, but I got my feet wet & realized vert is the way to go, so deffinitly a vert sog goin' down in the trailer at SOME point in the future. Thanks again for the idea OP, I wouldn't have thought about all the convenience's that come with having a grow room on wheels if it wasn't for this thread.

picture.php

Candy Chem, ECSD, Chem-4, Chem's sis, Chem-D, Apollo, MSS, and more veggin' along in the mobile growroom.

Still need to frame off the back & build a door, finish insulation, frame off & plywood the ballast & window banger box, urethane where all the plywood meets then epoxy it all & put some aluminum trim over all the edges/corners- works for now though since it's sitting indoors...................

picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
Nice trailer leroy :good: You should start a thread and document your experiences. Leave a link here if you do.

Double F

SO WHAT HAPPENED PEOPLE!?!? i got a friend who wants to try this since the local warehouses are definately onto grows, this would help trick them..

guess VP is too busy running those huge warehouses, screw a 2kw trailer lol!